If you are poor, just too bad...

Re: If you are poor, just too bad...

weez;1050473 said:
What makes you think people will not take public transport if ERP goes up to $50, or even $20? Won't that cause a strain on your public transport system? This is a zero-sum thing, either the roads will be congested or public transport congested. Infrastructure improvement typically will take a long time to effect. If you want smooth roads, someone else has to suffer. Common sense too.
Sorry hor.

U blind har??

Read my post properly.
Totally, disagree with your suggestion. It will caused a strain on current public transport system.

1st step, need to improve public transport system. LTA needs to re-plan bus route holistically to ensure that there is redundancy in the bus network. MRT needs to take more time to improve.

Once, public transport system is improved. There must be mandatory minimum number of taxi at round the clock.

To increase ERP charge based on formula below:
3 mth moving average Legal speed minus 10km/h: $10
3 mth moving average Legal speed minus 20km/h: $20
3 mth moving average Legal speed minus 30km/h: $30
3 mth moving average Legal speed minus 40km/h: $40
3 mth moving average Legal speed minus 50km/h or more: $50

Red_Bean_Bun;1050479 said:
Go ride motor bike ....... BMW also got motorbike. Or maybe a fatboy.
BMW got this very chio electric scooters. Currently, i hold class 2b license. Check with TP whether i could ride it or not legally. TP ask me to check with LTA. The person on the phone said it is a vehicle issue.

This is a true story.

End of OT.

Got pic ...... ?

davidtch;1050493 said:
BMW got this very chio electric scooters. Currently, i hold class 2b license. Check with TP whether i could ride it or not legally. TP ask me to check with LTA. The person on the phone said it is a vehicle issue.

This is a true story.

End of OT.

davidtch;1050491 said:
Sorry hor.

U blind har??

Read my post properly.

If you improve public transport, then my previous post about increasing the cost of car will not be relevant. You are also contradicting yourself. Why would you need to increase ERP then if you have a fantastic public transport system?

Stupid.

weez;1050523 said:
You sound like a really stupid man.

*Camping, with popcorns*

weez said:

Ouch !!!

weez;1050523 said:

Did he stepped on your toes to warrant that ?

I ordered Pizza and pepsi!

my next car gonna be toyota prius....

then zhng to libertywalk prius

1363419523.jpg

1363419544.jpg

then re-spray in a damn loud color.... run lion in geylang...whole world will know.

I dun take public bus because where I live...its a good 25 mins walk to the nearest bus stop. I could cycle to the bus stop...but I scared the banglah steal my bicycle or I get police confiscating my bicycle because its chained to government property like drain fence / lamp post / bus stop

ok... irrelevant post.

better hope govt removes all humps and make the roads super flat. doesn't look like it can even drive over a leaf

jasonmaxima;1050538 said:
my next car gonna be toyota prius....

then zhng to libertywalk prius

1363419523.jpg

1363419544.jpg

then re-spray in a damn loud color.... run lion in geylang...whole world will know.

I dun take public bus because where I live...its a good 25 mins walk to the nearest bus stop. I could cycle to the bus stop...but I scared the banglah steal my bicycle or I get police confiscating my bicycle because its chained to government property like drain fence / lamp post / bus stop

ok... irrelevant post.

Jason8822;1050529 said:
Did he stepped on your toes to warrant that ?

weez;1050536 said:
Yes he did.

*Bring along nice cushion too*

weez;1050524 said:
If you improve public transport, then my previous post about increasing the cost of car will not be relevant. You are also contradicting yourself. Why would you need to increase ERP then if you have a fantastic public transport system?

Stupid.
Without improving public transport but increasing car cost, wouldn't it strain public transport system?

Despite having fantastic public transport system, ppl will not switch as they are used to DRIVING. ERP will be the level to make ppl switch.

Read properly and think multi facet.

Why nobody suggest build more roads? Or is it really no more space for that like ccb garmen said.

Chop some trees to widen the road? Remove some pavements that nobody walks on? And my favorite gripe...optimise the traffic lights!

There are either zero efforts or zero visibility on any improvements...all they do is put camera collect $$.

hoks;1050559 said:
Chop some trees to widen the road?

The last time they tried that, a cemetery got placed on the World Monuments Watch list :lol:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back