Ignition Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ignition Upgrades

I had my front brake disc and pads changed this evening & decided to do the ignition upgrade after reading all the reviews about it. This mod lives up to it's name. The car feels more lively and accelerates a lot more easily.

Best value for money mod in these turbulent times.

After observing Rodney working on my car, I know I'll be sending my car back to R2D for all future servicings & repairs. Rodney's perfectionist streak certainly shows. He has this special tool which prevents the tyre nuts from getting overscrewed. The tyre shop I went to didn't even have such a tool. He also sprays the discs with temperature resistent matt black paint so that the areas that don't come into contact with the pads don't rust.

Thanks, Rodney!

Thanks for the kind words.

ps: welcome to the dark side too... hah ha...

jooggie;386502 said:
After observing Rodney working on my car, I know I'll be sending my car back to R2D for all future servicings & repairs. Rodney's perfectionist streak certainly shows.

If Rodney decides to change trade...SMRT will be seeing a sudden surge in EZlink cards sales....jinooi say one :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

If Rod decides to change trade...need more of you guys support....

Guess what, we have just broken into the Peugeot market and a couple of cars have been coming in. We done a 206, 308 and a 407..All are happy at their new found zest in ther cars..

who's next?

jooggie;386502 said:
I had my front brake disc and pads changed this evening & decided to do the ignition upgrade after reading all the reviews about it. This mod lives up to it's name. The car feels more lively and accelerates a lot more easily.

Best value for money mod in these turbulent times.

After observing Rodney working on my car, I know I'll be sending my car back to R2D for all future servicings & repairs. Rodney's perfectionist streak certainly shows. He has this special tool which prevents the tyre nuts from getting overscrewed. The tyre shop I went to didn't even have such a tool. He also sprays the discs with temperature resistent matt black paint so that the areas that don't come into contact with the pads don't rust.

Thanks, Rodney!

He just looks damn sexy when he bends down and works on the engine bay la.
Thats why i go to him !

:nehnehhh: :nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

Just drove back my 323i from R2D after an ignition upgrade.
Feels like a different car. Its my first 'serious' mod.

Damn. I need better brakes now.

jeff

hi rodney, whats the best time to come in the the ignition upgrade? i worked in CCK btw

great reviews so far Rod, good on you!

have not seen you @ jiak kim for the longest time, party days over?

Likely pop by soon to 'self-poison' :lol2:

dukes4;389260 said:
hi rodney, whats the best time to come in the the ignition upgrade? i worked in CCK btw

Hi Dukes4,

We are open till late from Mon - Fri so you can drop by after work.

Do contact Nadia at 96651761 to arrange an appointment.

Cheers

Hi,

Apologies but we do not open during lunchtime.

Fret not, do give Nadia a call, and she might be able to fix an early appt for you to suit your timing, maybe just right at the end of your workday?

Thanks!
Darryl.

WhiteE90;389569 said:
great reviews so far Rod, good on you!

have not seen you @ jiak kim for the longest time, party days over?

Likely pop by soon to 'self-poison' :lol2:

Hmmmm:thinking:

Is that where i met you? Sorry, but you are???

ha ha..

Maybe a face will be better..

Let me just add to the list of happy customers of this R2D ignition mod.

The car is an Evo 9 that already has upgraded coils (Okada Plasma) and wires. So I was not expecting too much but was surprised that my butt dyno could feel the improvements. Won't bore you improvements here and thre but overal,l the engine felt smoother and more responsive from low to max revs..

Why I did it? Need to upgrade the ignition system as higher boost upgrade coming. :)

Few days late in adding my post-installation feedback:

Car: E46 4-potter

Went down few days back to get this ignition upgrade done together with:
1. Torco racing oil change
2. Volker spec II spark plugs
3. ATF fluid change

Went for a brief test drive (with all attention paid to safety and speed limits of course) and immediately noticed the revs being held longer and higher. Not wanting butt feel to be "tricked", I made sure all driving was done only in "D" mode and not "SD" mode. Of course, "SD" mode will again be different.

Engine was also more responsive and more willing to pull. The road ran out before the rev-counter did, honest. To be fair, it was a cool night so that was an added advantage.

As the ignition upgrade was done together with the other stuff, I cannot independently separate the individual gains, but as a package it worked its magic.

For one, it did help this 4-potter of 6 years feel youthful all over again. It will not make your car an M3 (unless it already is one), but it sure as hell makes you want to drive the car harder.

Overall, if there is 1 thing I would like to say with regards to the good experience where service standards are concerned, it is the level of professionalism and attention to detail which most impressed me.

That is something I appreciate and I find a rarity in today's world. I would love to be selfish and keep this to myself but damn it, a forum is for sharing and I hope another positive review like this fuels the business owners' enthusiasm and desire to keep up their good work.

Rodney & Nadia, if business booms after this review, please make sure I get the same patience and commitment even if things get really busy OK...!!!

Oh, and I've just recommended this ignition upgrade thing to my boss. Hope I get a pay raise and fat bonus..

-from the car with the thinnest rear rotors left.

hahah cool sticker Mock.

err, my 4 potter could take an M3, ask Ed and Jeremy. heeee

the usual suspect - one who lives nearby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abc8loans

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back