Ignition Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ignition Upgrades

armValkyrie;403015 said:
my drives are 80% normal roads with traffic lights...

Your consumption seems reasonable for 80% start-stop driving, judging by my experience on 525i. I get around 8.6km/l for 70% start-stop driving (school holidays) and about 9.4km/l for 70% highway (school days).

armValkyrie;403015 said:
Waa, thats very good .....

Mine 55 liters can get me only 440 km most before the light is on again.... but my drives are 80% normal roads with traffic lights...

what is your heavy foot like?? from traffic junction start 2500+ above rpm pick up?
highway cruising?

rgds :yummie:

Ok, maybe most of my driving is highway to and fro workplace and I'm probably seldom stuck in jams......

Move off traffic light will be usually whack till 4000+ rpm......:laughlik:

OBC reads 12.1L/100KM

Cheers!:)

Merry X'Mas guys!

TobyNik;403004 said:
Hi Jeff

Do you "whack" your throttle all the time? Cos my 323 can get 540km on $100 of Shell 98 based on latest pump prices. Sorry I didn't check how many litre in $100.

And most times, i drive with heavy right foot :lol2:

Wonder if there's a difference in efficiency for the 177bhp vs the 190bhp 323s.....
Mine's the latter.....

Cheers!

WAT!!! how in the world you get 540?
I tried driving with pussy foot (plus letting the car roll whenever possible) still get the max 490km.

I am mostly in the city and making trips to and fro work with traffic jam on highway.

jeff

armValkyrie;403015 said:
Waa, thats very good .....

Mine 55 liters can get me only 440 km most before the light is on again.... but my drives are 80% normal roads with traffic lights...

what is your heavy foot like?? from traffic junction start 2500+ above rpm pick up?
highway cruising?

rgds :yummie:

that will be just right ,2500 from start. I used both Shell 95 and 98. Both same results leh.

jeff

pirate;403049 said:
WAT!!! how in the world you get 540?
I tried driving with pussy foot (plus letting the car roll whenever possible) still get the max 490km.

I am mostly in the city and making trips to and fro work with traffic jam on highway.

jeff

Maybe the torco oil got something to do with it? I have been on Torco since my previous E46......

Erm....Correct leh...pump $50 get 270km before light comes on......so $100 get 540km lor....unless it doesn't work that way???

for better fuel consumption, you need to rev the engine a bit and go on longer drives. try driving up north to malacca for lunch and back. bet you your fuel consumption will improve after you get back... you need to let your car stretch its legs a bit...

pirate;403052 said:
that will be just right ,2500 from start. I used both Shell 95 and 98. Both same results leh.

jeff

I have used Esso95 and that was worst - only 7 km/l!!!! sucks big time...

Now using Esso98 and usually get about 7.8 km/l to 8.5 km/l with more highway drives...

For NSH cruises, can get 9++ km/l coz have to run with the pack..... :cloud9:

fuel consumption is largely dependent on driving conditions. If your car is always driven in expressway conditions, you can get up to 600km a tank easy. Town driving kills economy hurts economy very badly. 5mins of town driving can be equivalent to 20mins of expressway cruising. Some people estimate their city driving by the overall distance and this a misconception. The 5 mins that they crawl around traffic to cover the last 2km to work and rev around in 1st and 2nd gear can consume as much fuel as the 10km travelling on the expressway.

Try this experiment, reset your OBC before your trip early in the morning and take a reading when you reach the office. Do the same on your way back home. Average the figure, then compare. Also remove the golf bag and bike rack cos the additional weight or drag is also a killer to economy.

With the ignition upgrade, your car will run more efficiently and porduce more power. If you drive the same way as before (i.e. step the same amount of throttle) as before, you find that you get up to speed faster and you save abit of fuel. If you physically accelerate the same (i.e. accelerate at the same physical speed as before) you find that you use less throttle. This saves more petrol.

But if your horns grow and you start to poke every other car, then economy must be the last thing on your mind.

Good stuff Rodney.

I realised that my FC is not 7.1km/litre, due to almost 80-90% city driving. Driving home via CTE is also considered city driving due to the stupid jam.:furious:

I have IVAC spark amplifier ( not spark booster ) installed in my M54 engine presently. Does it need to be removed b4 if I want to install the ignition upgrade? If not, will putting in this upgrade further improve performance?
By the way, can the Honda Airwave be fitted?

R2D;413560 said:
Nope, no need to remove. Airwave sure can. Anyway, what's up with Airwaves, i suddenly got alot of airwaves coming to do this ignition mod this month (Dec).

Anyways, tried and tested.

Dude.
Word of mouth can be more powerful than any paid advertising...

Saw someone posted UM2 and R2D is one workshop but the address actually is at where? UM2 website show Paya Ubi but R2D signature show Unity Centre.

R2D is at Unity Centre.

Look for Rodney.

Did my wife's airwave last Sat, together with oil and plug changes as well. Happy with overall results. Car feels perkier and more eager but can't really quantify how much the increased performance is attributed to the upgrade vs the oil and plug change. However, car sounds a bit noisier but still ok. Will be doing my car later this week.

yky;415882 said:
Did my wife's airwave last Sat, together with oil and plug changes as well. Happy with overall results. Car feels perkier and more eager but can't really quantify how much the increased performance is attributed to the upgrade vs the oil and plug change. However, car sounds a bit noisier but still ok. Will be doing my car later this week.

That's why all upgrade need to do 1 at a time else you also won't know which gave you the best effect of all.

Ron done up 2 Civic 1.8L last week. Review is faster gear shift for Auto, reduce the lag at changing gear cum better torque end receive so combine these 2 effects it's really fun to drive now. Overall, this mod is worth every single cent of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
f88betcouk1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back