Ignition Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ignition Upgrades

Thanks for your great reviews. Its these stuff that keeps us moving.

Cheers

if it's good.
it must be shared.

Rod is good.
so Rod must be shared. haha...

i'm trying to get Kelvin's 600bhp monster evo9 down to your place someday...

space.

Did the capacitor upgrade and volkers into my car this afternoon. Immediately the car felt lighter off the line and is also more responsive. Gearchanges faster. Definite increase in pulling power and rate of climb from about 3K. What I can't quantify is the smoothness. I thought the M54 is already smooth but somehow, it feels more...'creamier'? after the mod. For the very reasonable price about equivalent to slightly more then a tank of petrol, there is no reason for any discerning car owner not to try this mod.

Guess it's just me then. I didn't felt any difference before and after ignition upgrade and plugs change.

Seems strange but my car now actually feels even more responsive and drives better compared to the first day after the mod, that is 3 days back. Dont think it is psychological. Maybe it's my fuel tank getting progressively lighter!

Crazy_;417769 said:
Guess it's just me then. I didn't felt any difference before and after ignition upgrade and plugs change.

Hi Crazy_

Would you like to drop by our place so that i can check out the car? I would also like to perform a test drive. If there is no difference, we will gladly remove the upgrade and refund you the money.

Cheers

Rodney

i am wondering does those japanese VSD have the same effect as the ignition upgrade?

Can both be installed together? synergy?

That sounds interesting ...

R2D;417921 said:
Glad you enjoy your car! Hope your wife does too!

Hi Rod,
pls PM me yr price and advise me when i should come over if its that good..
m driving E60 (08) model..not sure if its good to change though car is new..

ignition upgrade can do on swift 1.3auto?

topless;418493 said:
i am wondering does those japanese VSD have the same effect as the ignition upgrade?

Can both be installed together? synergy?

That sounds interesting ...

ya lor, i was also thinking of the same thing. can do together not? or is it the same thing really?

Hi Rod, I've been running the car for a couple of weeks now and I just had to post something. Since you worked your mojo on the car, things HAVE been different.

For readers... this is on an E46 M3 SMG...

The car has run brilliantly... really tamed the monster. The rev matching is now much faster, the smell of petrol out of the exhaust was eliminated and it felt generally a lot better. Definatelly a better burn - a proper burn. This is the first time the car has not smelled like a petrol pump in over two years!!

I have definately found an improvement in performance - more responsive and more eagerness to pull... particularly in the "M" area of the rev range. I just hope it doesn't encourage my spirited driving :)

The best thing is, though, bragging rights that the car has a load of military spec hardware fitted to it. Sooooo cool!!

Thanks Rod, see you soon and keep up the research.

Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back