Ignition Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ignition Upgrades

Girettom;419431 said:
Hi Rod, I've been running the car for a couple of weeks now and I just had to post something. Since you worked your mojo on the car, things HAVE been different.

For readers... this is on an E46 M3 SMG...

The car has run brilliantly... really tamed the monster. The rev matching is now much faster, the smell of petrol out of the exhaust was eliminated and it felt generally a lot better. Definatelly a better burn - a proper burn. This is the first time the car has not smelled like a petrol pump in over two years!!

I have definately found an improvement in performance - more responsive and more eagerness to pull... particularly in the "M" area of the rev range. I just hope it doesn't encourage my spirited driving :)

The best thing is, though, bragging rights that the car has a load of military spec hardware fitted to it. Sooooo cool!!

Thanks Rod, see you soon and keep up the research.

Best

Hi Girettom, can share what u mean by military spec hardware?

we can tell you, but we'd have to kill you :nehnehhh:
why don't you swing round to r2d and find out for yourself?

Hahaha! Miltary spec hardware! :) I like the sound of that!

Hehe ... Sorry, I'm with Jinooi on this one... A gentleman never tells ;)

Girettom;419862 said:
Hehe ... Sorry, I'm with Jinooi on this one... A gentleman never tells ;)

..no worries..your private joke can remain within your private group...

hehe, no worries...

your loss, our gain...

phil;419477 said:
Im REALLY missing this mod
Phil, I think you want to say "Im REALLY missing this Rod" :lol2: (not my rod ok, I mean Rodney)

Ok, sorry for OT.

For details on the military specs, I think it's somewhere in this thread mentioned by R2D.

is this mod still available. the feedback sounds promising. i got 2 questions:
1. if the cap blowns or melts for some reason (eg old age or heat), will the engine still works, car still move?
2. how long will the mod last and when should i go back to get it reinstall?

the caps will not melt or blow so easily. that's becos they're military spec...

have been in my car for almost a year now. and no problems, nor have we heard of anyone having any failure.

Ron, heard from one bro who did his Ignition upgrade from you there's "the next level of power" from you issit? He claim it is another additional "element" usually used for ICE mod is required and acts as a grounding agen. Care to explain what's this "element" he refering to and how it works.

Rev-Zone...

ha ha.. he could not keep a secret..What i did was to add a stiffening capacitor to his battery. With that, the entire vehicle's electrical system gets the ability to recieve large quantities of instanteous current. As such, all the electrical devices work a little bit better.

I will start another thread under the R2D section to explain more.

Cheers

Hi Rod,

So many good FR!!! Just curious, my ride (E46 318i) already has 1)Sprint booster 2)1Farad? capacitor for my ICE 3) voltage stabilizer.

Will this addon improve anything?

Cheers,

Derek

Hi bros,

I've paid a visit to R2D yesterday evening for the ignition upgrade, along with changing to the Volker Spec II Plugs and Air Scooper.

As everyone had described about Rodney's great service, friendliness, and patience with all the technical explanations, his reputation stands. Even though I have just met Rodney and Nadia for the first time, they were both very friendly and welcomes me to their shop. As Rodney patiently listen to my hopes and concerns for various improvements, he has provided me the proper recommendation and explained, in details, on how each modification will help in improving my car's performances, including various demonstrations. I've learned so much from him from not only his explanations/demonstrations, but also during our chats while he was working on my car.

After completion, he asked me to take my car out for a spin around and test drive the new abilities. At first, I didn't feel much different. However, as I found some open roads, and stepped on the acceleration a little more, the gear shifting seems to be more responsive and faster, with lesser lag. (Thinking to myself, OK, there are some improvements, but not as much as I hope for, yet!)

After returning to R2D, provide my feedback and bid my goodbyes, I was looking forward to expanding the horizon with the new abilities of my baby when I drive back to the east. Unfortunately, the PIE was jammed with both traffic hour and accident! (Kind of pissed off that I cannot enjoy the newly added potentials!)

Slowly following the traffic and pass by the accident site, all of the cars have speed up and the road was, somewhat clear. (OK, great opportunity to test out the new mods on this baby!) As I step on the acceleration decently hard (but not to the extreme yet) the car, all of a sudden, picked up the speed, the RPM jumped to 5,000~6,000 instantaneously (and seems that the car is craving for 7,000!), and the gear shifting was fast and not much of a lag! (Oh man, I haven't felt this much thrill in this car before, and I'm passing other cars so easily and effortlessly!!)

I'm not sure whether if all this was the affect of the ignition upgrade, the new spark plugs, the air scooper, or combination of all three, but I LIKE WHAT RODNEY HAS DONE TO MY CAR VERY MUCH!!!

I'm so looking forward to get my car back on the road, on the express ways, and test out further and enjoy on what I have experienced yesterday, as well as finding out what more this combination mod can do further!

Rodney and Nadia, thank you very much for your friendliness, your patience and your introductions to my car's performance improvement! You have given my ride and my driving experience a whole new life and new BOOST to the word "FUN!"

Hi Andy and Mark,

Sorry that I did not catch your forum names. Just want to say "Hi." It was nice talking to you both at R2D and appreciate you bros sharing your experiences!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back