Ignition Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ignition Upgrades

Hi Rodney, Could you please quote me for my E81 130i please? I already have the powerbox installed too....

Hi alvinthedrummer

You have a PM!

Cheers

rod any scoop now for 630i?
and can this igintion upgrade caps be transfer to another car?

vaneck;576902 said:
rod any scoop now for 630i?
and can this igintion upgrade caps be transfer to another car?

scoop for the 630, we have to redesign. Transfer of ignition upgrade possible but not worth it. i rather give you a discount on 2nd set.

JohnsonbmwE90;579228 said:
Hi Rodney;
Can PM me d price for the ignition & spark plug upgrade ?

Thanks!!

will send you a PM

Not only I found the ignition mod and Volker sparkies gave me a nice surprise in the performance arena, but Rodney's attitude, knowledge and cheerfulness are second to none. I dare say I've not come across in any workshops on the island. Agent's included.

When I'd some hiccups just before my recent mission, Rod quickly checked my car, and replaced the plugs immediately when he found the gaps were inconsistent, and not 1, but all 4 immediately. No questions asked.

I'd peace of mind bringing my family and doing sorties of 1,000 plus km over the weekend with other jet fighters .

Rodney and Nadia, you're the best :thumbsup:

hello bro!

i have read the review on your ignition upgrade,and im convince that i want to do it.
however everytime i called in on the mobile and landline,nobody picks up.
can you pls pm me the price for my e90 and also a time slot that i can drop by.
thankyou

tong;581369 said:
hello bro!

i have read the review on your ignition upgrade,and im convince that i want to do it.
however everytime i called in on the mobile and landline,nobody picks up.
can you pls pm me the price for my e90 and also a time slot that i can drop by.
thankyou

From what I saw on my previous (and very first!) visit, Rodney, Nadia and Darryl were really up to their necks with work.. Drop them an SMS, I always get a reply, though not always immediately. :)

Rodney said must rev to 4000-6000 RPM to feel the effect.. but seems like 3000 already got a nice pull. :D Don't know if that's coz of all the mods working together, or just "mod-imagination" at work.. hahaha..

"Mod-imagination" is when you "feel" a benefit only because you've spent a ton of $$$ already.. hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apologies for the no-answers.. We work late nights so you may not be able to reach me in the mornings.. ;)
But do SMS, I will attend to it as promptly as I can.

Anyhus.. You have a PM, tong! Do take a look.

Cheers!
Nadia

Hi Rodney,

i didnt read all the 46 pages in this thread... too many. But i gather some info..(pls correct me if i am wrong)...
u will mod the ignition for a faster acceleration without the need to change spark plugs right?
ANd in the process, FC also improves.

I hv a 07 VW Golf 1.4 GT and in the process of buying a 06 BMW 323.

Can my cars be modded?

How much does it costs?

Rgds

Alvin

Just did my ignition upgrade with Rodney,

Must say the service at R2D is really great, Rodney and Nadia were very friendly and accommodating. I didn't have to wait long, and Rod was very meticulous during the installation. Felt at ease that he works on the cars himself.

After the upgrade, and a little spirited driving for what i felt gave the car some time to adapt, the car started to respond to its new mod. The revvs were alot smoother and free flowing, and the responsiveness improved significantly. I don't think there is any increase in horses or torque, but it does make the car a lot more drive able.

For $150, its a must do mod. Decent improvement for a decent price.

Thanks Rod, see you on fri for the intake wrap!

+1
what is the service interval to replace the capacitor (ie: 60k mileage? 2years?)

Red_Bean_Bun;582040 said:
Rod,

How do you check if all 6 capacitors are working ok after sometime ?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

just changed all the fluids in the car, the spark plugs and did the ignition upgrade last nite. i must say i really feel the difference. its now smoother and its more willing to just run the open road.

tks to Rod, Daryl and Nadia for the job well done and the engine bay wash which i needed so badly. They are going to be my serivce workshop from now...

Rod, going to order the performance brakes and having it replaced at your place ya.

You have to thank me for granting you the right to have that engine bay wash...haha...

Darryl.

adroit;583117 said:
You have to thank me for granting you the right to have that engine bay wash...haha...

Darryl.

but bro... that move you made is your signature move... just that it was the most 'catastrophic'
heheheeh.... i love how my car drives now!! :D

Not as bad as the Mexico one lar.....haha.

maverick95;580454 said:
Not only I found the ignition mod and Volker sparkies gave me a nice surprise in the performance arena, but Rodney's attitude, knowledge and cheerfulness are second to none. I dare say I've not come across in any workshops on the island. Agent's included.

When I'd some hiccups just before my recent mission, Rod quickly checked my car, and replaced the plugs immediately when he found the gaps were inconsistent, and not 1, but all 4 immediately. No questions asked.

I'd peace of mind bringing my family and doing sorties of 1,000 plus km over the weekend with other jet fighters .

Rodney and Nadia, you're the best :thumbsup:

+1. Ups for the best car care giver you can find...
His attention to detail is 2nd to none!

Ignition Upgrade. Air Scoop. Volker IIs, all done some time ago.
And loving every minute of it.

Did up ignition upgrade and installed KNN today. :thumbsup:

I must say that the idling speed is a lot stable at junction under hot-weather.:goodup:

My :shakebon:*BFA-Dyno shows a lot smoother acceleration and more torque at lower rpm. Pretty shiok. Higher-rev not much different.

Anyway, for Ah Pek driver, low rpm improvement is much preferred.

*BFA-BigFatAss

Hi hi, thanks again for your report, I trust that your car runs better now having had the chance to adjust it's fueling. The shrouding of the sparking tips is the effect that you are feeling now. Having a colder plug or the spec II plugs will help in that area.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatimaallen
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back