Not open for further replies.
Re: Ignition Upgrades

Congras man.........

vroom vroom

ac323;488357 said:
Congras man.........

vroom vroom

Ya, air scoop from r2d the next since the bros here recommended that it is cheap and good :)

(I tried to get the Simota Aero Form intake from another bro here but decided not to proceed since further modification is needed for my ride.)

CK64;488527 said:
Ya, air scoop from r2d the next since the bros here recommended that it is cheap and good :)

(I tried to get the Simota Aero Form intake from another bro here but decided not to proceed since further modification is needed for my ride.)

cool man....

yes air scoop is a must as well...................

kudos to Rodney....

cheers

I realised that the fuel consumption went up from 10.2 to 9.8 per litres after I installed the ignition upgrade and air-scoop. This is despite going very easy on the pedal. Any other bros experience the same?

dreammaker;489806 said:
I realised that the fuel consumption went up from 10.2 to 9.8 per litres after I installed the ignition upgrade and air-scoop. This is despite going very easy on the pedal. Any other bros experience the same?

I'm not knocking Rodney on his product/tuning here but its a simple law of conservation of energy that we're applying here. For more torque without any other stuff being done to the engine such as bigger capacity, it is evident that fuel consumption will go up.

Thats what I understand unless someone can advise me further.

Not much tuning here, just increasing the rate of burn with brighter spark. I do not change your cars stock running programs. the brighter the spark, the faster the burn. The faster the burn, the quicker you can hit peak cylinder pressures and hence extract more power out of each cycle.

The law of conservation is still applicable, this mod also follows physics. Actually, with a quicker burn, the engine block traps more heat (due to longer time the hot gasses stays in the engine) as the exhaust gas temp goes down slightly.

But in actual fact, the cooling system can handle the slightly higher heat energy easliy.

As for the increased fuel consumption, my guess would be either changing traffic patterns of the scoop. I have noticed higer gas flows from the MAF readings with the scoop. Wanna remove the scoop to verify?

cheers

Put in the ignition upgrade a few weeks back...
It is not just a value for money mod..
It is a must-do mod!

Previous ride was a civic, which was not really bursting with low end torque,
this somewhat carry over after the switch to a bmw

with the upgrade, the car pulls just that much better from the lower rev which just makes it much more drivable in singapore kind of traffic...

From the below paragraph : Does it mean that the airscoop could potentially increase fuel consumption ?

R2D;493814 said:
The law of conservation is still applicable, this mod also follows physics. Actually, with a quicker burn, the engine block traps more heat (due to longer time the hot gasses stays in the engine) as the exhaust gas temp goes down slightly.
But in actual fact, the cooling system can handle the slightly higher heat energy easliy.
As for the increased fuel consumption, my guess would be either changing traffic patterns of the scoop. I have noticed higer gas flows from the MAF readings with the scoop. Wanna remove the scoop to verify?
cheers

Yes it may cos the air box is receiving cooler and denser air and so the engine needs to squirt a little more fuel to compensate. Unless you can maintain a constant cruise and really accelerate the same way. That's when you get some fuel savings.

The really good plus side is that your car accelerates better on the expressways.

cheers

had the ignition upgrades last saturday. kind of a last minute decision as i was around the area.
sms rodney and he made an exception with no appt to drop by and just do it :thumbsup:
the acceleration is smooth and "eager" especially from 1500rpm to 4000rpm. at expressway, previously sprint from sudden drop from 80 -> 60 -> 100 (overtaking) is a little bit hesitate. now the rpm shoot up steadily and i like the engine note :)

mai tu liao ....... kekeke

Last edited by a moderator:

yup yup,

MTL.................

vroom vroom
cheers

yeah ... MTL .... now waiting for Volker Spec II plugs to bring the ignition upgrades to the next level :D
ac323;501027 said:
yup yup,

MTL.................

vroom vroom
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Did the upgrade and the result is beyond my expectation. Best when cruising on expressways, less hesitation and smoother gear change.

e36 can. done it for over a year and i'm still loving the ride. haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qh88boats

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back