Ignition Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ignition Upgrades

i'm sorry if my post is not good in articulating my point. my reply to jooggie is meant that i did not expect any fuel saving from this "upgrade" as i "believe" (own perception) FC depends on the driver's right foot and not any gadget.

my purpose for the question is whether the upgrade works (produce boost) with oem plugs and what is the recommended change interval for plugs and capacitors

sorry for any misunderstanding.

Hi. Was thinking of fixing a sprint booster or this mod. Advice?
Can pm price/waiting time for pfl e90 320, the ignition and plugs?
Tks

In my opinion, you're better off with the Sprint Booster alone. I should know...I have installed both the Sprint Booster as well as the ignition and plugs upgrade.

Go "test drive" a Sprint Booster and you'll never look back. :)

dude, don't mix up the benefits of the sprint booster and the ignition upgrade - totally different means for different ends altogether.

the sprint booster amplifies the throttle input and provides for faster acceleration.

the ignition upgrade, provides for more complete combustion, providing for fuel efficiency, etc. etc.

so in what way is a SB 'better' than the ignition upgrade?

if the sprint booster is better, then why are there so many people selling?

heavymetal;471649 said:
In my opinion, you're better off with the Sprint Booster alone. I should know...I have installed both the Sprint Booster as well as the ignition and plugs upgrade.

sprint booster tricks your mind and right foot to accelerate more to gain speed and power. there is no difference when you can floor the pedal without sprint booster to get the same outcome. it makes your car drinks more petrol.

Tks for the reply.
Which went into the car first? Butt feel, which one made a smile on your face.
Am looking for minor mods to the car, can pm if you have any suggestions.
Of coz if my budget allows, will fixed up both. :D

heavymetal;471649 said:

So I assume they will work even better together?
Will fix up both if budget allows.
But will do it 1 at a time to give a full review.

jinooi;471684 said:
dude, don't mix up the benefits of the sprint booster and the ignition upgrade - totally different means for different ends altogether.

the sprint booster amplifies the throttle input and provides for faster acceleration.

the ignition upgrade, provides for more complete combustion, providing for fuel efficiency, etc. etc.

so in what way is a SB 'better' than the ignition upgrade?

if the sprint booster is better, then why are there so many people selling?

Had used the sb in my previous ride and i like it. Need not floor too much for rpm to rise. So was thinking of installing again until I saw this thread.
Seems like it improves accerlation too. It's what I like to have.
Will fix up both if possible and give a review.
Tks

benji ben;471695 said:
sprint booster tricks your mind and right foot to accelerate more to gain speed and power. there is no difference when you can floor the pedal without sprint booster to get the same outcome. it makes your car drinks more petrol.

BMCS;471852 said:
Tks for the reply.
Which went into the car first? Butt feel, which one made a smile on your face.
Am looking for minor mods to the car, can pm if you have any suggestions.
Of coz if my budget allows, will fixed up both. :D

I installed the Sprint Booster first, as it was an equipment that I came across first. I can't describe the exhilaration that I experienced. You should know, you installed it too right? It helps when the vendor allows you to "test drive" it with no obligations. A simple procedure which takes less than 5 minutes to install or remove. Heck, it can even be done by yourself, haha!

Then I chanced upon the ignition and plugs upgrade and decided to give it a go too. Based on my experience, it did not pull off the same euphoria as I had with the Sprint Booster installed alone. Perhaps others who have installed this would have had a different experience from mine. A more complicated procedure which takes about an hour and a half (if you do both ignition and plugs) as you got to allow the car engine compartment to cool down first, before the crew can set about working on it. Process is reversible as I was told, but I am quite sure you and I will need the same crew or other mechanics to do the job.

I'm not sure if you're fuel efficiency conscious. Be warned, with Sprint Booster installed, you will see fuel consumption rise as the new found exhilaration makes you more "pedal happy". My readings went from 10.5km/L to 9.4km/L (about 10% increase!). However depending on how you drive, figures may differ from person to person, car to car. After installation of ignition and plugs upgrade, fuel consumption/mileage remained the same for me.

Sprint Booster cost me about $400. I can't be sure of the price now. Ignition and plugs...well I guess you'll have to find out specifics for your car. For my E60, it was about $300+ then. I can't be sure of the price now.

Lastly, check up and ask around others for more info before you dive into a decision.

Cheers!

wt_know;471581 said:
i'm sorry if my post is not good in articulating my point. my reply to jooggie is meant that i did not expect any fuel saving from this "upgrade" as i "believe" (own perception) FC depends on the driver's right foot and not any gadget.

my purpose for the question is whether the upgrade works (produce boost) with oem plugs and what is the recommended change interval for plugs and capacitors

sorry for any misunderstanding.

driving pattern and road conditions or traffic definitely impacts FC. that's why i did not give exact figures but a range. having said that, i know the iginition upgrade has helped improve the FC in my ride.

Thanks Joggie.

I will not talk about my considerations with fitting throttle amplifiers into a car. But given a more efficient ignition system, one can expect fuel savings. There are customers who have reported up to 7-10% gains on a Merc C180. This has been proven tank after tank.

But also there are guys who find themselves driving the cars harder cos the engine will love to rev and this can be addictive.

Guys, if you have doubts, drop by and i can explain more to you.

Cheers

Hi Rodney,

Yes very addictive. Had the ignition upgrades, air scoop & spec II plugs for almost a month already and still gunning my car like crazy. Fuel consumtion has went through the roof but don't worry as I am aware that the 'culprit' is my right foot & not your mod.

THE NEED FOR SPEED IS RELENTLESS

Hi Rodney,

Is this ignition upgrade has similar effect as the aftermarket gadget such as D1 Spec VSD IV where it boost up the ignition voltage from 12volt to 16v & above ?

Picture of a D! Spec VSD IV
p101247.jpg

Rgds
Dylan :|

The nett effect of our ignition upgrade is better and lasts longer.

And it's a fraction of the price compared to $600. More bang for your buck.

Cheers

dylantanyh;474982 said:
Hi Rodney,

Is this ignition upgrade has similar effect as the aftermarket gadget such as D1 Spec VSD IV where it boost up the ignition voltage from 12volt to 16v & above ?

Picture of a D! Spec VSD IV
p101247.jpg

Rgds
Dylan :|

R2D;475002 said:
The nett effect of our ignition upgrade is better and lasts longer.

And it's a fraction of the price compared to $600. More bang for your buck.

Cheers

Hi,
can pm me the price for the upgrade and new sparks...will this make car jerk for the improved performance?

Did the ignition upgrade & Air Scoop this morning. Car really feel more alive and somehow the engine is quieter. Big thank you to Rodney.

Just done my ignition upgrade this morning after the recommendation by several forum bros. Can immediately feel that the engine is revs more freely. Thanks to Rodney for a great little mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back