Improving the Handling of E46 318i valvetronic

Re: Improving the Handling of E46 318i valvetronic

guys... been thinking about this since my 318i M setting shocks are going to go soon.

1. Bilstein B8 sprint shocks and keep OEM springs + anti-roll bar (UUC or H&R)
2. Bilstein PSS9 and keep stock anti-roll bar

what i hate now is the floating feeling when driving and also the roll during cornering. dont mind lowering the ride but if possible keep the ride height... understand the harder the ride, creeks will soon be audible inside the car compartments... also have concerns about the creeking sounds if the new upgraded anti-rolls are not greased enough...

question. Is option 1 = 2 ??? both options will come up to about the same cost +/- a couple of hundreds... cost not an issue...

hi, have a set of 318 Sports ed. stock springs and shocks to let go cheap..you interested?

bigfatbear;216589 said:
hi, have a set of 318 Sports ed. stock springs and shocks to let go cheap..you interested?

sorry... need an upgrade...

IMHO... go with coilovers first.. plenty to choose from... Bilstien PSS9, KW V1 or V2... try the coils first...should suffice if you are not into serious tracking.. if not sufficient, go for the ARBs.. enhanced handling you will get... lastly, if you are still not happy... get camber kits to finish off... guaranteed rail like handling... hope this helps...

FiftyFive;218903 said:
IMHO... go with coilovers first.. plenty to choose from... Bilstien PSS9, KW V1 or V2... try the coils first...should suffice if you are not into serious tracking.. if not sufficient, go for the ARBs.. enhanced handling you will get... lastly, if you are still not happy... get camber kits to finish off... guaranteed rail like handling... hope this helps...

Well said!!

OT abit.....very nice avatar bro! Why is there a 'head' popping up behind your ride on the left side of the pic har???

:lol2:

'The Great White'

hi guys can some one explaint to me what is the deferent between kw v2 and v3? and if you got a choice would you choice kw or blistein? been thinking changing my stock suspension to some thing like kw or blistein coilover but just cant make up my mind. here is my plan

Rogue Engineering rear shock mounts
kw v2 , kw v3 or blistein pss9
H&R anti roll bar
powerflex suspension bushes

the car is for daily drive do not track the car at all so any suggestion will be great. i already got the car lower by eibach pro sport spring with non m suspension so the ride is pretty bad at the moment. i had acs 18" wheel on it and alutec strut brace tower bar so any upgrade to make the ride softer and stiffer will be great.

Regards,
Roy

hi guys can some one explaint to me what is the deferent between kw v2 and v3? and if you got a choice would you choice kw or blistein? been thinking changing my stock suspension to some thing like kw or blistein coilover but just cant make up my mind. here is my plan

Rogue Engineering rear shock mounts
kw v2 , kw v3 or blistein pss9
H&R anti roll bar
powerflex suspension bushes

the car is for daily drive do not track the car at all so any suggestion will be great. i already got the car lower by eibach pro sport spring with non m suspension so the ride is pretty bad at the moment. i had acs 18" wheel on it and alutec strut brace tower bar so any upgrade to make the ride softer and stiffer will be great.

Regards,
Roy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66london
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back