Increase brake rotor size

DavidChen

Hi bro & sis,

I have recently upgrade my rim size from 17 to 19 inch and have notice the braking response is slower now. Doesn't know if it is due to bigger wheels. Or simply I not get use to the new low profile rims.

Or we need to upgrade the braking rotor and caliper bigger too to get good braking response? If need to upgrade, what rotor size is good and what recommendation and estimate cost to do. Thanks in advance for all advice.

Re: Increase brake rotor size

Your 19" rims are much heavier than the 17". The unsprung weight would add to the braking stress. You would find your handling affected as well.

The best is to upgrade to BBK

Many brands and budget available at the site sponsors shops.

Do make a search and you can compare it.

Also it depends on yr requirement as well...

Like : will you do tracking , etc..... Or you just prefer a better braking system...

Take yr time to do the research ...

Enjoy :)

DavidChen;1017426 said:
Hi bro & sis,

I have recently upgrade my rim size from 17 to 19 inch and have notice the braking response is slower now. Doesn't know if it is due to bigger wheels. Or simply I not get use to the new low profile rims.

Or we need to upgrade the braking rotor and caliper bigger too to get good braking response? If need to upgrade, what rotor size is good and what recommendation and estimate cost to do. Thanks in advance for all advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

I changed from stock 17" to 20" in less than 1 hour after collecting car. Braking same leh...

nw with bbk braking also same leh. Nb have I been conned?

I also got M5 ARB...n now cornering at 20km/hr also same as stock ARB. I heard change to M5 steering the car can turbo. My next mod

Some 20" are even lighter than 17" rims .......

MW;1017439 said:
I changed from stock 17" to 20" in less than 1 hour after collecting car. Braking same leh...

MTechnic;1017435 said:
The best is to upgrade to BKK.

Many brands and budget available at the site sponsors shops.

Do make a search and you can compare it.

Also it depends on yr requirement as well...

Like : will you do tracking , etc..... Or you just prefer a better braking system...

Take yr time to do the research ...

Enjoy :)

MTechnic u are damn poisonous...

I not poisonous hor ..

I learnt from the pros here .... Not saying MW or webhunk :)

silencer162;1017447 said:
MTechnic u are damn poisonous...

I am not doing track, just normal hard driving at higher speed because I'm a frequent traveller along north south highway for my work. I just want to have a better braking system. Btw all bro here mention BKK, is it referring to brembo? I heard there's a lot of fake product but selling original prices..

Is it also advisable to buy and install used braking system that others selling?

One big improvement is the resistance to brake fading after upgrading to bbk. Very useful for NS highway n hard driving. Response will generally improve given steel lines, better oil.

Dun save on tyres, stopping distances depend on them.

It's BBK ......

DavidChen;1017462 said:
I am not doing track, just normal hard driving at higher speed because I'm a frequent traveller along north south highway for my work. I just want to have a better braking system. Btw all bro here mention BKK, is it referring to brembo? I heard there's a lot of fake product but selling original prices..

Is it also advisable to buy and install used braking system that others selling?

MTechnic;1017496 said:
Alamak.... I type wrongly ..

Sorri sorri...

Sorry its not enough, you need to explain and come clean. Lolx!!!

MW;1017439 said:

conspermed conned.... hi Robert......

sandman369;1017467 said:
One big improvement is the resistance to brake fading after upgrading to bbk. Very useful for NS highway n hard driving. Response will generally improve given steel lines, better oil.

Dun save on tyres, stopping distances depend on them.

a bit off leh..... On NS, your brakes have very little chance to fade. Why? Cos you are usually travelling at high speeds and therefore disc cooling is very efficient. There is also usually very little opportunity to brake hard and accelerate consecutively. (this I must qualify cos I know of some peeps that can drive like that) But on the whole, most people will not be able to fade their brakes on NS provided that the pad has a min if 3mm and the discs are above the minimum thickness.

The most important thing to make sure off is that you brake bias is not off when you mod the brakes.

rod

R2D;1018721 said:
a bit off leh..... On NS, your brakes have very little chance to fade. Why? Cos you are usually travelling at high speeds and therefore disc cooling is very efficient. There is also usually very little opportunity to brake hard and accelerate consecutively. (this I must qualify cos I know of some peeps that can drive like that) But on the whole, most people will not be able to fade their brakes on NS provided that the pad has a min if 3mm and the discs are above the minimum thickness.

The most important thing to make sure off is that you brake bias is not off when you mod the brakes.

rod

If you drive like a wuss, then no need bbk. If u drive hard and having to brake from 200+ down to 100 all the time, stock brakes will fade n that when you feel your bbk really worth the money.

Brake bias is important, minimizing brake fade is even more important. You will lose your balls when brakes start to fade when braking at 200.

Aiyah, that exactly what I said mah.... how many people have cars that can keep going 200-100-200-100......all within seconds? Ask the NA guys and the answer would be that they require several tens of seconds to gain back that kind of speed..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88prof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back