Is Mercedes Really So Popular??? WHY???

Nightwind

Hi guys, before I get flamed pls note I am a BMW fan. My last two rides were e90 and e92 and I love them to bits....

But I ran a poll in sgcarmart forums on the popularity of the 3 leading conti brands (BMW, Audi and Merc) and the poll results were rather disappointing. We did not come out tops. In fact...Mercedes led from day one nd by a huge margin.

Latest poll results are below;
the Link to the Poll is ;
Audi Vs BMW Vs Merc - Page 3 - MyCarForum

These are the latest poll results;

Which is the preferred brand?

Audi [ 34 ] ** [21.94%]
BMW [ 39 ] ** [25.16%]
Mercedes [ 82 ] ** [52.90%]

I really don't understand why Mercedes is leading by such a huge margin? Are Mercedes cars really better than their equivalent counterparts (e.g. C class versus A4 Versus 3 series)?

I can assure you of the three brands Mercedes is definitely not the cheapest...infact I might even say they are generally more expensive so its kinda surprising why they lead by such a huge margin?

Er by the way I also posted this exact same topic in the SgMerc forum....so it will be interesting to see the feedback here and there.....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Is Mercedes Really So Popular??? WHY???

merc is actually the cheapest...

But it doesn't matter. Merc is atas.

When I told my grandmother about the beemer, the first question she asked was why never buy ma-ci-lee.

Night wind, u still driving ur e92?

Btw, Audi rocks. Hitmee say one.

No lah I wrapped my e92 around 2 trees in jan 2013 and now after much much pressure from my wife and parents UNFORTUNTELY I drive a C Class.

Its no where near as sporty as my old e92 but I like its V6 and I installed a c63 AMG Kit and c63 Bonnet so it does not look so dull....NOW after the mods it looks less FUGLY and I can even touch it without flinching.....

sorry Hitmee I don't like A4...too plain...I don't mind the Rs5 though but I have no dough

C3P0;985351 said:
Night wind, u still driving ur e92?

Btw, Audi rocks. Hitmee say one.

Merc comfortable. In the cabin especially. Old guys like it. Easier on the bones etc. and Singapore has an aging population.

Bmw exhaust can be so loud that the almost deaf old people can hear it. Gives them a headache. and bmw gives you lower back pain because of the torque. And in some bmw models even give the old guys a hernia problems when taking off from a stop. When turning a corner, its so hard and fast that the false teeth would drop out unlike a Merc which is slow and easy.

It's no wonder its more popular in Singapore.

I think to most, strengths are
Merc: status, finishing, quality and arguably looks
Bmw: handling and fun to drive
Audi: pretenders, neither here nor there

Hard to fight status and finishing, most people would be drawn to that, compared with the discerned few drawn more to handling

+1 on the Audi. They developed technology to cater for sissies. People that are neither here nor there.

sandman369;985358 said:
I think to most, strengths are
Merc: status, finishing, quality and arguably looks
Bmw: handling and fun to drive
Audi: pretenders, neither here nor there

Hard to fight status and finishing, most people would be drawn to that, compared with the discerned few drawn more to handling

Guys can u go to the sgcarmart poll I created and support BMW. I can agree perhaps the Merc wins interms of interior quality, but never in terms of looks and handling........my current ride is sooooo plain and this is AFTER I put in a C63 AMG Kit and a C63 Bonnet...and it still looks a plain jane. But the v6 is smooth and the Merc is well equipped I must say...

Wear flame suit now.

Young man (or at least young at heart) drive BMW.

Senior (or matured man) drive Merc.

I switched from a F10 to W212
and I must say, the Merc finishing and touches are much more better than the BMW.
The ride quality is better and quieter than the bmw
But BMW handles well, sportier but Merc is not too shabby either.
The only thing is il6 engine smoothness cant be compare to the current CGI model.
the trade off, fuel consumptions.
in the past I have to refuel every 10 days in 523 now I go to the petrol kiosk like every 2.5 weeks

I buy Kia I will say Kia nice.

I would love a Merc (or Porsche; ok irrelevant) even though I'm driving a BMW now. My wife hates the merc (except the SL)

It could be the poll were submitted by Mercedes Buses and Trucks owners ... As there are many on the roads ya ...

But the real AMG C63 is a monster .....

Nightwind;985362 said:
Guys can u go to the sgcarmart poll I created and support BMW. I can agree perhaps the Merc wins interms of interior quality, but never in terms of looks and handling........my current ride is sooooo plain and this is AFTER I put in a C63 AMG Kit and a C63 Bonnet...and it still looks a plain jane. But the v6 is smooth and the Merc is well equipped I must say...

Yes, their taxis are really popular.

Mercedes Cab is the pioneer of the luxury brand taxi phenomenon in Singapore. Synonymous with prestige and power, the Mercedes E-class cab delivers comfort of the highest order.

Comfortable leather seats ensconce the passenger throughout a deeply relaxing and swift ride to their destination. With the Mercedes Cab, a taxi ride is no longer just an ordinary journey but a premium experience.

Mercedes Cab Singapore : (+65) 8388 3885

Have a nice day.

How does its compare to M3? And it lacks that certain look...all Merc did was to slap on a huge 6.3L V8 on it...duh?
MTechnic;985373 said:
But the real AMG C63 is a monster .....

I think if I paint my Merc white and slap on a Comfort Taxi sign on top I can moonlight as cab driver at night and get extra income...:)
Soifon;985374 said:
Yes, their taxis are really popular.

Mercedes Cab is the pioneer of the luxury brand taxi phenomenon in Singapore. Synonymous with prestige and power, the Mercedes E-class cab delivers comfort of the highest order.

Comfortable leather seats ensconce the passenger throughout a deeply relaxing and swift ride to their destination. With the Mercedes Cab, a taxi ride is no longer just an ordinary journey but a premium experience.

Mercedes Cab Singapore : (+65) 8388 3885

Have a nice day.

I came from merc camp. From clk to e92.

Merc more reliable..less breakdowns or faults.
BMW much more fun to drive though both engines are different/unfair to compare (v6 2.6l for clk,inline 6 twin turbo for e92)

BMW FTW!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
may88toys

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups