IVAC amplifier

Re: IVAC amplifier

pingman;158635 said:
thank you CBS for the detail info.. the bosch plugs look innovative and nice. just got onto volkers lately, can i say the plugs life will be shorten tremedously after installing this and if so, any recommendations on how soon to change them?

It really depends on your IVAC voltage setting and the way you drive your car.

If you set it at a conservative voltage and drive like all good Singaporeans should, the lifespan of your plugs should not be very different from a stock setup. Which brings us back to the whole point of this mod. You want gains, you need to set your voltage a lot higher than 13.6v, which naturally will push the envelope of certain electrical components like ignition coils and spark plugs. So in that sense, you will be wearing out your plugs sooner than normal with this mod.

As to how much the lifespan of the plugs will be shortened, I really have no idea. Many factors contribute to this. In any case, you will know it when your car feels weak and starts misfiring during high end. When that happens, check out your plugs and change them out.

Hmmmm..interesting. Think i will have to get this one mod done before TD !! :lol2:

FR due soon next week !

CBS. i guess its just give another good excuse for me to change plugs...

btw. which one comes first, OBIT2 tuning or IVAC mod?

a) the battery is used to start up your car.all power after tat is from your alternator.so how can an increased battery output increase performance when its not even in use?

b) ignition cables and spark plugs are rated at a certain voltage.if you pump more voltage then its rated for thru it, it will still produce the amount of volts it was manufactured to (assuming it doesnt blow).spark plug cables meter out your voltage in pulses, so no matter how much voltage you try to pump thru, it will still produce only the amount of voltage it was made to produce.

c) if you pump more voltage then an electrical appliance was designed for, wun the appliance blow?

d) your spark plugs produce sparks for combustion.no matter how much volts you pump thru it, it will still only produce the same intentsity of sparks.even if the intentsity of the sparks can be increased, without an increase in air/fuel, the same amount of combustion takes place!

Went down to BVO and installed IVAC plus OWS engine and original BMW transmission oil changes 3 days back. The Volkers were swapped for the original factory NGK 4 ground plugs were re-installed. Did not go for the coil booster.
I can say that there is definite improvement in engine reveability ( smoother and quieter ) and there is perceived overall increase in pulling power esp from 2500 rpm onwards. The car feels 'lighter'.

Regret is that unable to separate how much of the change is attributable to the IVAC and how much to the oils ( engine & transmission ).

How to 'tune' the IVAC voltage? Can I do it DIY?? Anyone please enlighten.

snakeoil;161552 said:
a) the battery is used to start up your car.all power after tat is from your alternator.so how can an increased battery output increase performance when its not even in use?

b) ignition cables and spark plugs are rated at a certain voltage.if you pump more voltage then its rated for thru it, it will still produce the amount of volts it was manufactured to (assuming it doesnt blow).spark plug cables meter out your voltage in pulses, so no matter how much voltage you try to pump thru, it will still produce only the amount of voltage it was made to produce.

c) if you pump more voltage then an electrical appliance was designed for, wun the appliance blow?

d) your spark plugs produce sparks for combustion.no matter how much volts you pump thru it, it will still only produce the same intentsity of sparks.even if the intentsity of the sparks can be increased, without an increase in air/fuel, the same amount of combustion takes place!

On Basic ignition system has miss fire . even F-1 car also have Miss fire. that why they are use strong ignition Amplifier System for decreases miss fire to
make more power and Torque. when rich Fuel more than 14.7:1. more miss fire. when more lean than 14.7. become miss fire again.
and high Compretstion and high RPM engine will make miss fire..

ignition coil and fuel pomp coil can take any Voltage, no matter how high volt age. but need carefll with Amp

Answer for "a)"
What is the Amplifier System, Power supply system, battery.alternator. when u Study about them..answer is there.
Battery is just for Charge and discharge. to all of Electronic parts. coz almost of Electronic parts are desin for 12V. nees supply 12 or Stabiliz 12v. when
alternator supply to hight volt or too low volt.. like a Capacitor. all of Electronic parts are take power from Battery or alternator.

Answer for "b,c,d)"

This product can peaform with any of ignition system, (on line spark system or off
line spark system .etc..etc..)

Spark Process is Similar with Gear ratio.
supply 12volt to Primary coil of ignition coil.and then Suddenly cut off the
Current supply.
Primary coil take alount 20tims of 12volt by Counter electromotive force.
this Primary Counter electromotive force will make another Counter
electromotive force for secondly coil
of ignition coil. this tims Counter electromotive force are more than
100tims of Primary Counter electromotive force .

12volt X 20 = 240 volt 240 volt X 100 = 24,000 Volt.

I-VAC can make until 60V from ant of voltage..and Max Current supply is
40Amp
so
12volt boost to 20Volt then
20volt X 20 = 400 volt 400volt X 100 = 40,000 volt.

and Coil booster will control Counter electromotive force timing. will make much
longer
this Process will not make Damage to the ignition coil.

Amp is one of working flow.. I-Vac will control Volt and Amp. coz just increase voltage are not much can get good Result. need increase AMP also.
ignition system is can say it one of the power supply system. many of power supply system use Primary coil and secondly coil with IGBT Chip.
IGBT Chip is use for contlol the power Charge timing. all of car Manufactur use this IGBT Chip for ignition system.

umm....this kind of Technical Information can write many pages.....
i dont know what kind of Technical Information better to inform you..

anyway Good Answer is Result.. I-VAC or Coil booster owner know they Pay Money for What. that is fact and answer. :)

yky;161697 said:
How to 'tune' the IVAC voltage? Can I do it DIY?? Anyone please enlighten.

if you have Tools for Monitor voltage & Amper. and if you know about Ignition system well.
may be you can tune your self. but that is your own risk.

differed years model use fiffered volt age. some of car can go 19Voltage some car only 16volt age.
BVO they set volt age for you to do not make any probrem with your car.
they are Professional for BMW . you need take Advice from them.

have a good driveing. :)

is it advisable to fix the coil booster first. drive for a while then fix the IVAC?
seemd like coil booster give better torque, IVAC makes it smoother?

how long does it takes to fix on the coil booster huh? do i need to make appt with BVO or i can just drive in?

Pls call BVO to make an appointment...

I am still confused. So which one improve the torque figure and which one improve the smoothness? I have the IVAC and there appears to be improvements in both torque and smoothness. Can anyone tell me what difference would I expect if I am to spend on the coil booster?

yky;161970 said:
I am still confused. So which one improve the torque figure and which one improve the smoothness? I have the IVAC and there appears to be improvements in both torque and smoothness. Can anyone tell me what difference would I expect if I am to spend on the coil booster?

I-VAC and Coil booster Technology are feed back from Racing Science
I-VAC and Coil booster are work different way
I-VAC is related with Primary coil of ignition coil unit
Coil booster related with Secondary coil of ignition coil unit
This two of them has boosted the Voltage and Amp with Stabilizer system.

I-VAC gives better torque more than coil booster. but when use Coil Booster with I-VAC.
The Coli booster give 1.5 times of I-VAC it self.
it is base on Volt age. Coil booster will boost 1.times from input Voltage to the Secondary coil of ignition coil unit

i.e.
Using 12v
12v x Primary Counter electromotive force (20 times of 12v) x secondly Counter electromotive force (100 times of Primary Counter electromotive force)

12v x 20 x 100=24000v

12v + coil booster (boost 1.5 times of secondly Counter electromotive force) =12x20x100x1.5=36000V at spark plug

12v + I-VAC= 12v boost to 20v (by I-VAC)x 20 x100 = 40000v at spark plug

12v + I-VAC + coil booster = 12v boost to 20v (by I-VAC) x 20 x 100 x 1.5( by coil booster)=60000v at spark plug

you can choice Combinations. What kind of gain you are looking for..
If coil booster is enough for you. it great.
But you are looking for more high Performance. then you can choice I-VAC self or Coil booster with I-VAC.

Coil booster give smoother than I-VAC. I-VAC give more bigly better torque than Coil booster self.
Coil booster + I-VAC Give most smoother and big better torque, it become most Excellent ignition system in world

please keep good condition with alternator and battery. Especially Battery.. it give you Excellent Performance always!! :)

Home of I-VAC >> S&R I-VAC

Knightly;161989 said:
I-VAC and Coil booster Technology are feed back from Racing Science
I-VAC and Coil booster are work different way
I-VAC is related with Primary coil of ignition coil unit
Coil booster related with Secondary coil of ignition coil unit
This two of them has boosted the Voltage and Amp with Stabilizer system.

I-VAC gives better torque more than coil booster. but when use Coil Booster with I-VAC.
The Coli booster give 1.5 times of I-VAC it self.
it is base on Volt age. Coil booster will boost 1.times from input Voltage to the Secondary coil of ignition coil unit

i.e.
Using 12v
12v x Primary Counter electromotive force (20 times of 12v) x secondly Counter electromotive force (100 times of Primary Counter electromotive force)

12v x 20 x 100=24000v

12v + coil booster (boost 1.5 times of secondly Counter electromotive force) =12x20x100x1.5=36000V at spark plug

12v + I-VAC= 12v boost to 20v (by I-VAC)x 20 x100 = 40000v at spark plug

12v + I-VAC + coil booster = 12v boost to 20v (by I-VAC) x 20 x 100 x 1.5( by coil booster)=60000v at spark plug

you can choice Combinations. What kind of gain you are looking for..
If coil booster is enough for you. it great.
But you are looking for more high Performance. then you can choice I-VAC self or Coil booster with I-VAC.

Coil booster give smoother than I-VAC. I-VAC give more bigly better torque than Coil booster self.
Coil booster + I-VAC Give most smoother and big better torque, it become most Excellent ignition system in world

please keep good condition with alternator and battery. Especially Battery.. it give you Excellent Performance always!! :)

Home of I-VAC >> S&R I-VAC

im sorry but i do not understand your english.anyway you have not answered the basic qns,just quote a lot of tech mambo jumbo.

Answer for "a)"
What is the Amplifier System, Power supply system, battery.alternator. when u Study about them..answer is there.
Battery is just for Charge and discharge. to all of Electronic parts. coz almost of Electronic parts are desin for 12V. nees supply 12 or Stabiliz 12v. when
alternator supply to hight volt or too low volt.. like a Capacitor. all of Electronic parts are take power from Battery or alternator.

exactly.so how can more volts = more torque or bhp?the only electrical involved in your engine is the volts sent to your sparkplug.and no spark plug can produce more sparks then it is designed for.

heres another qns..where does your ivac get the extra volt from?if it gets from the battery, you are saying for example it takes 10 volts from the battery to give it another 10v.isnt that taking from your left pocket and putting it in your right pocker?if it takes from the alternator, also the same.

even if you are correct and your device can produce more sparks, with the same amount of air and fuel combustion remains the same.anyway combustion needs fuel/air/and ignition.take a lighter,press the gas only and introduce a spark.no matter how big or small the spark is isnt the resulting combustion the same?how strong it is depends on how much fuel (gas) it is.

anyway Good Answer is Result.. I-VAC or Coil booster owner know they Pay Money for What. that is fact and answer

so wat result do you have?how many % improvements do you claim?do you have a dyno test done by an independant source (not by someone sponsored by you)?

this product is jus snakeoil.

Snakeoil. sorry about my bad english. i am not english men.

Snakeoil edit>>
"""""b) ignition cables and spark plugs are rated at a certain voltage.if you pump more voltage then its rated for thru it, it will still produce the amount of volts it was manufactured to (assuming it doesnt blow).spark plug cables meter out your voltage in pulses, so no matter how much voltage you try to pump thru, it will still produce only the amount of voltage it was made to produce."""""

BMW did not use "spark plug cables". u r talking about old ignition system.
BMW use "DIS"(Direct ignition system) . no more use spark plug cables.

i have many dyno test done by all of singapore dyno shop they know me. some of them are dislike me cos i dont believe Dyno test.
but Result is always great .done by all of them

wel i think you need to know about electronic power supplies system.
like booster or Inverters and Amplifier System. i do not need answer about I-VAC.

if u have test tools. you can see how Volt will boost from battry Volt age.
I -VAC will Boost from 5V to 60V. you can test your self to understand.
do you know? what is CDI System? CDI is one of the Ignition Amplifier system.
and one of the voltage booster too.
but that is only can use old cars. not for new cars.

any way please Study about them to come back me. how to boost the voltage from 5v to 12v or 16v or 20v or 100v. when you understand you no need ask me again.

On Basic ignition system has miss fire . even F-1 car also have Miss fire. that why they are use strong ignition Amplifier System for decreases miss fire to make more power and Torque.
when rich Fuel more than 14.7:1. more miss fire. when more lean than 14.7. become miss fire again.
and high Compretstion and high RPM engine will make miss fire..

ignition coil and fuel pomp coil can take any Voltage, no matter how high volt age. but need carefll with Amp

i do not answer you until u understand about them.

Mr. or Mis Snakeoil. you can say this product is jus snakeoil. but that mean is all of the Formula racing cars using Snakeoil..
Formula Racing cars using strong Voltage Booster system like as I-VAC

Thank you.

SOME brudders tell me how much it cost for both the items.....
how long it takes..............
might as well install 2morow since have appt at bvo with ah wee

Is it just me or does all this sound dodgy?
No offence to anyone but if increasing horsepower was so easy/cheap, then why isn't it used by all the big tuners around or even as common as an airfilter for example.

I'm just trying to raise awareness. The only Gagdet that might improve efficiency of your engine IMO is a voltage stabilizer although i haven't used one or this IVAC either.

anyway, in the end if it works for you then that's good enough

Bro, trust me on this!!

It works!!

Cheers

'The Great White'

Raley;162337 said:
Is it just me or does all this sound dodgy?
No offence to anyone but if increasing horsepower was so easy/cheap, then why isn't it used by all the big tuners around or even as common as an airfilter for example.

I'm just trying to raise awareness. The only Gagdet that might improve efficiency of your engine IMO is a voltage stabilizer although i haven't used one or this IVAC either.

anyway, in the end if it works for you then that's good enough

Cheap meh? I think it's about the standard price you pay for power gains.

IVAC and coil booster do not profess to give 100+++ bhp or 200+++ nm of torque. In fact, it's supposed to just make your car feel "lighter" and more "responsive". Both of which I do feel they do. No I have not done a dyno on these 2 mods, but from my experience (done dynos quite a few times on my own car), I would say they are worth about 10nm of torque and 5 bhp.

So around $800 for 10nm of torque and 5 bhp sounds about right. In fact, some would say it's on the expensive side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789winclubonline
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back