IVAC amplifier

Nerve

Hi. Has anyone tried fitting an IVAC amplifier, after fixing the coil booster? What was the response? I had the coil booster done, and I felt that the acceleration was smoother, but I'm no expert. I was just wondering whether the IVAC amplifier will add more, as it is supposed to be the stage 2 of ?optimising the firing of the sparks. Thanks for any advice! My ride is a Z4 2.5L

Re: IVAC amplifier

Nerve;151133 said:
Hi. Has anyone tried fitting an IVAC amplifier, after fixing the coil booster? What was the response? I had the coil booster done, and I felt that the acceleration was smoother, but I'm no expert. I was just wondering whether the IVAC amplifier will add more, as it is supposed to be the stage 2 of ?optimising the firing of the sparks. Thanks for any advice! My ride is a Z4 2.5L

for th eiVAC amplifier, i think u need 4-point groudn spark plugs. i have coil booster. its fantastic. iw anted to do IVAC amplifier, but its not receommneded with my sparks. i dont wanna blow $55 a spark incase it doesnt work. Lagi rugi..From what i heard, the AMP gives a much better pull than the coil booster itself.:yikess:

I just put both in 1/2 hour ago.

1) Idles much smoother
2) Engine seems more silent
3) Revs climb smoother
4) Not much difference in pulling power with amplifier set at 17v. Butt feel says a little bit

So far, all the gains seem to be about engine smoothness. Will play with the voltage to see if can get more tangible gains in torque.

Just spent a bit more time in my car and I noticed something quite fascinating.

My car stereo sounds better with the coil booster and amplifier! The highs are more open, the bass is deeper. 10k hertz and above sounds nice and airy, with less of the usual "forced" reproduction and the 125hz range is tighter while 80hz and below seems to be reproduced with less effort.

This is no butt feel but real improvements as I know my car stereo very well.

Now all I need to do is adjust the thing to gimme as much gain in the torque dept...

That's interesting. I didn't know you could adjust the amplifier further. Wonder if all this would "wear-out" the spark plugs faster, in my simple-minded logic

Spark plugs AND ignition coils, both are prone to higher wear. BMW ignition coils are rated to be able to take up to around 26v.

From the factory, the voltage that runs through the coils is around 13.6v. This particular amplifier from BVO is capable of supplying up to 60v (confirm blow). So there's plenty of flexibility in terms of tuning. I'm starting at 17v and will slowly tune it up as I see fit...

I'm also running both the coil booster & I-Vac.

Installed both separately so that I can feel the gains.

Coil Booster - WOW!!

I-Vac - STEAM!!!

Like wat CBS said.....my stock ice sounds alot better too!!

I'm running at 19V now, rev with alot more urgency & very smooth!

Alot more torque compared to coil booster!! I have a sensitive butt, so I know which gives more!!

kekekekeke

'The Great White'

Is this IVAC thing and coil booster proven on the E90 320i?
Any comment?

Will the coil booster give the WOW ! and I-Vac gives a STEAM ! on a e36 316 manual ?

yes!!!!! the coil booster will give the WOW ! and I-Vac gives a STEAM ! on a e36 316 manual !!
Just go to BVO to instal them. you will like it!! the gain!

Wah :yikess: I better make a trip down to BVO today to get this mod done ! BTW will the spark plug wear out faster with this mod ?

Got the coil booster &IVAC installed. "STEAM" as the car pick up is better & the right smoother.

Ooops :yikess: Mod Virus attack,

Next target mod : To install the Obit

jin teck;155529 said:
Got the coil booster &IVAC installed. "STEAM" as the car pick up is better & the right smoother.

Ooops :yikess: Mod Virus attack,

Next target mod : To install the Obit

Glad that you like the 2 mods!!

I was staring at your engine while David was installing the I-VAC.....kekekeke

Have fun!!

Cheers

'The Great White'

However, when I take Bernard's e36 for one round....:ultrasho: All the WOW :yikess: and STEAM :yikess: for my car all gone. U should know how I feel right ?:yummie:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcssgallery
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back