Kelleners Sport

Re: Kelleners Sport

marksim;786010 said:
Original Navi feature Only 2.2k? From who?
oh.. I referring to KS module... not CIC

feynman82;786067 said:
None for f20 118i yet. :(

118i:
Standard:
max. power: 125 kW (170 hp)
max. torque: 250 Nm
Kelleners Sport:
max. power: 150 kW (204 hp)
max. torque: 300 Nm

Finally, I did my KS module on my ride...
J4C had a hard time finding the ECU connector and eventually found it right under the engine, in the center some more.. lolz...

Preliminary assessment of this kit is that the power improvement is really there..
To overtake using just comfort mode is much easier than stock config.
The torque is evident, revving up to 6.5k is a breeze...
The exhaust also have a slightly improved sound (maybe it is in the mind? )
definitely enjoy it in every sense :)

(above review is with reference to stock 116i configuration)....

zeromax;788256 said:
J4C had a hard time finding the ECU connector and eventually found it right under the engine, in the center some more.. lolz...

Preliminary assessment of this kit is that the power improvement is really there..

No wonder saw you driving pass J4C earlier......................

* Congrats......................................
cheers

It was through serendipity that I stumbled into J4C this afternoon right after I heard that zeromax had his KS installed. I only wanted to find out first hand how it really worked and to asess whether it was worth the $$.

It also so happened that there was an extra unit there and after being assured how it worked, I decided to try it out.

Installation
It wasn't as straight forward as I had envisoned. They had to connect more than 10 recepticles within the engine bay to acquire data from various sensing points, then route these signals into the KS module before feeding them into the ECU. The KS module is properly and neatly sited within a cool corner of the engine bay. [Guess, they had learned very quickly from zeromax installation]. I reckon the installation took roughly between 30-45min.

On the go
Below 1500rpm, car felt no different from stock. However, that's where the similiarity ends.
Once pass this mark, the car felt more urgent (in comfort mode) and sliding/zipping into gaps was no longer unnerving. In fact, it was assuring, confident inspiring yet uneventful. There was no fuss, no puff. Step on the throttle and you are ahead of pesky traffic.
Accelerating in comfort mode feels blistering quick now. I see traffic disappearing in my rear view mirror now. In stock, they were still beside me.
Oh yeah! seems engine braking is more natural and it retards the car like a good NA engine, so modulating the throttle feels even more direct and natural.

OK, so comfort mode felt quite impressive.

I then decided to try it in 'Sports' mode. Damn, car totally transformed.
Immediately, exhaust sounds more masculine. The slightest input from your feet sends the car blistering forward yet still remaining composed.

When you dial in around a bend, feels so much more fun and it was nice to go round pass pesky taxi where in the past I had to wait out till we hit the open road before passing the bugger.

Sports mode in Manual is where the UDM tag holds so true.
Engine revs so willingly to 6500rpm and all of a sudden that speck (car) in the distance is right in front of you in a jiffy.

With the KS, circumventing traffic is a breeze now.

Is it worth it?
I think so. Getting the same performance figures as a 118 at almost 1/10 the price. Sure.
Is it as fast as a stock 118? I don't know. To me, it doesn't really matter.

For those on 118, I reckon this tune would turn your already fast car into a real monster.

For those bros on 116 waiting for some other tune that writes the tune into the ECU, so that the max performance figures would be similiar to a max tuned 118, it might be worth waiting but you are missing all the fun right now with the KS. Furthemore, as the KS is a piggyback, it is non-intrusive. As such, all stock ECU parameter are untouched.
As the module is not tag to any VIN, it can be resold into the secondary market and be transferred into another 116/118 in the future. So might not be such an expensive venture.

Conclusion
Needless to say, I'm very pleasantly impressed by the performance of this module and what it delivers. So those still sittiing on the fence, MTL. We don't really know when M performance would come out a tune for our F20.

Thanks
I'm in no way related or has any business dealing or coax by J4C to write a review.
The above review is solely my own to give/help other F20 owners.
I'm just honoured to be the 2nd person in Singapore to have it fitted on my ride.

Meanwhile, I would like to thank snowdog for patiently and diligently answering all my queries prior to my decision to purchase the KS module today.

I chanced upon this on YouTube, something similar to Kelleners?
Supposed to increase bhp from 170 to 205, torque to 295Nm
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfSuaLEusgI&feature=related[/ame]
If the video is to be believed, the module knocks an incredible 7 seconds off the 118i's 80-180kmh time! :eek:
Sorry if the youtube link is not embedded properly - I am a newbie at this!

Last edited by a moderator:

zeromax;788256 said:

Zeromax MTL, with higher speed need better brakes so next is to get the BBK and exhaust liao for a confirm audio and performance enhancement..:woottt:

Good to finally have met bro zeromax today at Revol's. I can testify that he is as handsome in real life as he appears in his avatar :)

ac323;788258 said:
No wonder saw you driving pass J4C earlier......................

* Congrats......................................
cheers
oh? then never say hi? lolz...
Would love to meet u in person!!!

ben1;788323 said:
It was through serendipity that I stumbled into J4C this afternoon right after I heard that zeromax had his KS installed. I only wanted to find out first hand how it really worked and to asess whether it was worth the $$.

It also so happened that there was an extra unit there and after being assured how it worked, I decided to try it out.

Installation
It wasn't as straight forward as I had envisoned. They had to connect more than 10 recepticles within the engine bay to acquire data from various sensing points, then route these signals into the KS module before feeding them into the ECU. The KS module is properly and neatly sited within a cool corner of the engine bay. [Guess, they had learned very quickly from zeromax installation]. I reckon the installation took roughly between 30-45min.

On the go
Below 1500rpm, car felt no different from stock. However, that's where the similiarity ends.
Once pass this mark, the car felt more urgent (in comfort mode) and sliding/zipping into gaps was no longer unnerving. In fact, it was assuring, confident inspiring yet uneventful. There was no fuss, no puff. Step on the throttle and you are ahead of pesky traffic.
Accelerating in comfort mode feels blistering quick now. I see traffic disappearing in my rear view mirror now. In stock, they were still beside me.
Oh yeah! seems engine braking is more natural and it retards the car like a good NA engine, so modulating the throttle feels even more direct and natural.

OK, so comfort mode felt quite impressive.

I then decided to try it in 'Sports' mode. Damn, car totally transformed.
Immediately, exhaust sounds more masculine. The slightest input from your feet sends the car blistering forward yet still remaining composed.

When you dial in around a bend, feels so much more fun and it was nice to go round pass pesky taxi where in the past I had to wait out till we hit the open road before passing the bugger.

Sports mode in Manual is where the UDM tag holds so true.
Engine revs so willingly to 6500rpm and all of a sudden that speck (car) in the distance is right in front of you in a jiffy.

With the KS, circumventing traffic is a breeze now.

Is it worth it?
I think so. Getting the same performance figures as a 118 at almost 1/10 the price. Sure.
Is it as fast as a stock 118? I don't know. To me, it doesn't really matter.

For those on 118, I reckon this tune would turn your already fast car into a real monster.

For those bros on 116 waiting for some other tune that writes the tune into the ECU, so that the max performance figures would be similiar to a max tuned 118, it might be worth waiting but you are missing all the fun right now with the KS. Furthemore, as the KS is a piggyback, it is non-intrusive. As such, all stock ECU parameter are untouched.
As the module is not tag to any VIN, it can be resold into the secondary market and be transferred into another 116/118 in the future. So might not be such an expensive venture.

Conclusion
Needless to say, I'm very pleasantly impressed by the performance of this module and what it delivers. So those still sittiing on the fence, MTL. We don't really know when M performance would come out a tune for our F20.

Thanks
I'm in no way related or has any business dealing or coax by J4C to write a review.
The above review is solely my own to give/help other F20 owners.
I'm just honoured to be the 2nd person in Singapore to have it fitted on my ride.

Meanwhile, I would like to thank snowdog for patiently and diligently answering all my queries prior to my decision to purchase the KS module today.
Why u never thank me for making your installation faster than mine? LOLZ!!!

Yep! What you say are absolutely right... I also can feel it in my car...

And with the cool air going into my intake in the night, the performance of it just double :)

I cannot imagine what it will be if this is installed on a 118i...

zeromax;788445 said:
oh? then never say hi? lolz...
Would love to meet u in person!!!

you drove passed the tyre shop then zoooooom off already thus didnt get a chance to catch-up.............

cheers

zhenlie;788336 said:
Zeromax MTL, with higher speed need better brakes so next is to get the BBK and exhaust liao for a confirm audio and performance enhancement..:woottt:
Modding must take it slow and enjoy the process :)
cannot fast hand fast leg de :)

I where got handsome!
I too, am honored to be able to "molest" your cb lo...
and you look so young!!!

young and established! zai!

ac323;788447 said:
you drove passed the tyre shop then zoooooom off already thus didnt get a chance to catch-up.............

cheers
oh man!! I kinda remember liao!
was having my eye on a beautiful black z4 while I am turning out...

so that's u!!! :D

zeromax;788454 said:
oh man!! I kinda remember liao!
was having my eye on a beautiful black z4 while I am turning out...

so that's u!!! :D

yes, i was there..................................................

cheers

zeromax;788452 said:
I where got handsome!
I too, am honored to be able to "molest" your cb lo...
and you look so young!!!

young and established! zai!

Bro, you're too humble. As I mentioned, you are one of the YOUNGEST Bimmer owners I know. When I was back at your age, I was still trying to evade being caught by the Bus Conductor because I only keyed in 60¢ instead of 80¢ for the bus trip!

Heh. My poor CB. Violated so many many... but at least it's back in tip top condition again! Woo Hoo!

Great to have finally said hello to you in person again, bro!

wobbles;788547 said:
Bro, you're too humble. As I mentioned, you are one of the YOUNGEST Bimmer owners I know. When I was back at your age, I was still trying to evade being caught by the Bus Conductor because I only keyed in 60¢ instead of 80¢ for the bus trip!

Heh. My poor CB. Violated so many many... but at least it's back in tip top condition again! Woo Hoo!

Great to have finally said hello to you in person again, bro!
ya man! Still remember the times when I rather walk home then to pay for midnight cab charges or pay 60cents for a $1 bus ride... lolz!!!

Love your black exhaust! orgasmic!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bossfunone

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back