Knocking sounds from rear when slow down......

Re: Knocking sounds from rear when slow down......

I am very sensitive to sound. I suggest you get somebody to sit behind to hear it and try identify where it comes from. I always get my missus to do that, though she will grumble each time, and I managed to solve the problems. Sound travels so sometimes it appears to be from the rear but it might not. I recently changed my final drive, apparently a common bmw problem, and initially i thought the sound was from the front engine but actually it was not and was from the rear axle area instead.

Meanwhile, you might want to try taking out the wheels and reinstall again. Also try some reputable workshops outside and dont be surprise they are many times better and more knowledgeable than the so called professionally trained pml technicians. They might be able to solve your problems.

My car boot is now full of tissue boxes after just owning it for 4 months. I have to bang table and dunno send my car to pml how many times just to get problems solved. Characteristics of bmw, engine etc all these bullshits are standard answers by pml cos one technician accidentally revealed to me... thats why I was do furious and banged table up till their manager.

leonardlp;851447 said:
Support support

Need to pesevere to get it rite

Gd luck

Use what to support ah?

green curry chicken + sticky rice mango?

OldMasterQ;851664 said:
Use what to support ah?

green curry chicken + sticky rice mango?

morale support.

if u want, no prob. dhl to u.

i know how bad it feels, i had same problem w alignment

went in agent total 6 mths.

car spent more time in garage than on road.
n everytime always same idiotic answer, oh its like tt. road not flat, tyres bad ( i dunt use rft) oh u hit something, suspension is spoilt, mounting is spoilt etc.....
same can lines every agent

did alignment 7 times n even change tyres n rims to try it.

and still car cant go straight

i tot i got a lemon too, ready to give up.

was gonna change to a porsche alr.

finally succed just when i looking to change ride.

persevere n keep trying.

since pml cant get it right, go to one of site sponsors or recommended garages.

leonardlp;851726 said:
morale support.

n everytime always same idiotic answer, oh its like tt. road not flat, tyres bad ( i dunt use rft) oh u hit something, suspension is spoilt, mounting is spoilt etc.....

persevere n keep trying.

yes please DHL to me, i need it.

All potential Z4 buyers, be alert on this problem.

As i am the victim and the issue remain unresolved, please ask your PML sales consultant whether there is a noise from the final drive, rear axle, whatever, before you pen down your cheque.

OldMasterQ;851829 said:
All potential Z4 buyers, be alert on this problem.

As i am the victim and the issue remain unresolved, please ask your PML sales consultant whether there is a noise from the final drive, rear axle, whatever, before you pen down your cheque.

I kinda noticed what you mean haha. I have the same noise on my car too....

cupholders;851859 said:
I kinda noticed what you mean haha. I have the same noise on my car too....

Mr Cup, you must be blasting song when you drive man....

leonardlp;851726 said:
morale support.

persevere n keep trying.

I will be going to bkk in mid Aug, i wish by that time you have gotten your Porsche, if not, i would love to experience your lemon. :shakehea:

snowmanyee;851487 said:
I am very sensitive to sound. I suggest you get somebody to sit behind to hear it and try identify where it comes from. I always get my missus to do that, though she will grumble each time, and I managed to solve the problems. Sound travels so sometimes it appears to be from the rear but it might not. I recently changed my final drive, apparently a common bmw problem, and initially i thought the sound was from the front engine but actually it was not and was from the rear axle area instead.

Meanwhile, you might want to try taking out the wheels and reinstall again. Also try some reputable workshops outside and dont be surprise they are many times better and more knowledgeable than the so called professionally trained pml technicians. They might be able to solve your problems.

My car boot is now full of tissue boxes after just owning it for 4 months. I have to bang table and dunno send my car to pml how many times just to get problems solved. Characteristics of bmw, engine etc all these bullshits are standard answers by pml cos one technician accidentally revealed to me... thats why I was do furious and banged table up till their manager.

At least you fixed yours. Mine?

I really urge buyer to check with PML/BMW any "special characteristic" of a model before they decide to buy, or else everything also the "characteristic" after PML drew your money from your bank, cannot be cured, money paid, and has to live with it and bother your day to day driving experience.

It is really the first time in my life of driving that somebody told me "clunking noise from rear axle/ final drive is the characteristic of the car due to its operation, engaging bla bla bla", well it is possible, but so audible, then it is a real a good characteristic, free orchestra.

Last edited by a moderator:

OldMasterQ;851877 said:
I will be going to bkk in mid Aug, i wish by that time you have gotten your Porsche, if not, i would love to experience your lemon. :shakehea:

Come come, email me [email protected]

But advance notice needed

I dunt live there

Just a few days a mth

leonardlp;852005 said:
Come come, email me [email protected]

But advance notice needed

I dunt live there

Just a few days a mth

Onz!!!

Notice officially given to you now, it will be 17th -20th.

But if you have changed to Porsche, then i will be very disappointed, BMW lemon, the characteristic!

Me still driving lemon.

Shld be ok. Scheduled for phuket a few days later

Second attempt to rectify this, still remain unresolved.

Same old explanation given , WTF!!!

OldMasterQ;858390 said:
Second attempt to rectify this, still remain unresolved.

Same old explanation given , WTF!!!

what rims size are you on?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;858395 said:
what rims size are you on?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Shoes 19". not the shoes problem. !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&..........................

OldMasterQ;858398 said:
Shoes 19". not the shoes problem. !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&..........................

could it be sound from the roof mechanism?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi Guys,

Recently I noticed that I had alot of creaks and rattles on the rear roof the Z. Checked the internet and some ppl said that the A-Shell Latch and B-Shell Latch needs readjustments etc to solve the problem (I have no Idea what the hell is that) I had to planned to highlight this issue on my first servicing.

Anyways, I was at a hardware shop and I saw Silicon grease for rubber, window seals industrial grade which is effective up to 320degF. My initial plan was to curb the rubber seal to the plastic creaks because I still have 3000KM to my servicing.

After application, All sound... I meant ALL CREAKS, SQUEAKS, RATTLES ETC dissapeared!! SGD$10.50 solved all problem
I think the servicing guys must have done or will do the same thing... LOL

The grease does not feel oily, my hands felt moisturised... LOL. I apply the grease by spraying on a cloth and wiping the rubber areas

I am monitoring how long would it take before I have to apply the wonder grease again

Will Update

bkelz;860730 said:
Hi Guys,

Recently I noticed that I had alot of creaks and rattles on the rear roof the Z. Checked the internet and some ppl said that the A-Shell Latch and B-Shell Latch needs readjustments etc to solve the problem (I have no Idea what the hell is that) I had to planned to highlight this issue on my first servicing.

Anyways, I was at a hardware shop and I saw Silicon grease for rubber, window seals industrial grade which is effective up to 320degF. My initial plan was to curb the rubber seal to the plastic creaks because I still have 3000KM to my servicing.

After application, All sound... I meant ALL CREAKS, SQUEAKS, RATTLES ETC dissapeared!! SGD$10.50 solved all problem
I think the servicing guys must have done or will do the same thing... LOL

The grease does not feel oily, my hands felt moisturised... LOL. I apply the grease by spraying on a cloth and wiping the rubber areas

I am monitoring how long would it take before I have to apply the wonder grease again

Will Update

Yours E89 got knocking sounds or not, if got, can use this silicon grease to ease the sounds? :errmm:

OldMasterQ;860778 said:
Yours E89 got knocking sounds or not, if got, can use this silicon grease to ease the sounds? :errmm:

Do you where the knock is originating from? I am getting greedy and starting to spray all joints etc..
Anyway, it does not feel oily and its for rubber mah.. just gun evry joint

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uk88menu

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back