KW V2 coilover for F10

Re: KW V2 coilover for F10

the curious thing is i never used to hear this sound when i was on stk rims leh. Only in last 3 days since i changed rims...
Agree that screeching sound is natural when jam brake but tis isn't jam brake; it is soft screeching when braking or releasing brake while travelling v slowly..
kennypmf;1010425 said:
It is normal.....mine oso have sound especiallly when it's wet like just after washing car and driving slowly. The screeching sound will come on during coming to a stop...

i move on from KW V1 (e90) to KW V2 (f10)
go for V2 ... the option to tweak the rebound damping to your sweet spot (not too hard, not too soft) is awesome ... money well spent
KW Street Comfort is also V2 but using Linear spring instead of Progressive spring and lower lesser (if you don't want slamdown look, this is not an issue)

The idea behind progressive springs is that they are somewhat soft under normal load and get progressively firmer as they compress. The advantage of this (if the spring actually works well) is that you have a softer ride when driving normally, but as you start to push the car through corners the springs compresses and the ride firms up.

Linear rate springs compress in a uniform manner and should be more predictable.

ac323 sure wants progressive spring because during cornering he step accelerator instead of brake ...

skyknight;1010403 said:
Bros,
Will kw v1 suffice or should i go for kw street comfort or v2? Mine is f10, about 1 month old, 2000km mileage so far

Last edited by a moderator:

ac323;1010417 said:
not affected on my Z4 and E90...............
what's your ride?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I am driving the f10 535. Am on the h&r lowering spring currently.

skyknight;1010418 said:
Vertini
The sound doesn't happen all the time. It happens about 30% in start-stop driving

I'm on Vertini b4, morning n wet will hv squealing sounds.
After changing other brand, no more squealing.

nemesis_v;1010457 said:
I am driving the f10 535. Am on the h&r lowering spring currently.

Hi nem,

[h=1]KW DDC ECU coilover kit[/h]

The KW DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) coilover kit with ECU (Electronic Control Unit) was developed for individual lowering and installation of an electronic damping control system.

The scope of delivery contains a KW inox-line coilover kit with electronically controlled dampers, a high-performance control unit, the car specific cable set with control switch and a detailed manual for an easy installation.

The KW DDC coilover kit has three car specific developed damper settings. By the push of a button the driver can choose between the sport basic setup, a very sporty and performance-oriented Sport+ setup and the comfort mode for uneven/ poor road surfaces.

The height adjustment of KW coilover kits also allow an individual lowering within the TÜV-tested adjustment range.

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1010475 said:
Hi nem,

[h=1]KW DDC ECU coilover kit[/h]

The KW DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) coilover kit with ECU (Electronic Control Unit) was developed for individual lowering and installation of an electronic damping control system.

The scope of delivery contains a KW inox-line coilover kit with electronically controlled dampers, a high-performance control unit, the car specific cable set with control switch and a detailed manual for an easy installation.

The KW DDC coilover kit has three car specific developed damper settings. By the push of a button the driver can choose between the sport basic setup, a very sporty and performance-oriented Sport+ setup and the comfort mode for uneven/ poor road surfaces.

The height adjustment of KW coilover kits also allow an individual lowering within the TÜV-tested adjustment range.

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Seems like system is applicable only for few audi/vw group models.

KW coilovers is worth every cents Spent and most importantly KW coilovers are not for the Faint Heart and if you don’t really care about Performance, Stability and Complete Versatility of your Car and Height of your vehicle then I would say springs or even stock suspension would do you just fine . The KW's makes an F10 more enjoyable and more like what the 5 series and BMW driving experience ought to be from the factory!

To summarize the above, this is the equation below:

F10 + KW = The True Ultimate Driving Machine

PS: Currently on KW V3 on my F10 535i M-Sport and i did install the Pre-Stressed Spring :goodup:

Val101;1011007 said:
KW coilovers is worth every cents Spent and most importantly KW coilovers are not for the Faint Heart and if you don’t really care about Performance, Stability and Complete Versatility of your Car and Height of your vehicle then I would say springs or even stock suspension would do you just fine . The KW's makes an F10 more enjoyable and more like what the 5 series and BMW driving experience ought to be from the factory!

PS: Currently on KW V3 on my F10 535i M-Sport and i did install the Pre-Stressed Spring :goodup:

Is the M Sport suspension anywhere near a KW ?
Currently considering M Sport suspension cos i dun like to drop my ride height.

I think the M Sport suspension would be more comfortable than the KW.

Jason8822;1011028 said:

In terms of handling i think the ranking should be :
stock < M sport < M performance < KW/other aftermarket

Jason8822;1011028 said:

I will say No...as the stock M-Sport Suspension on the F10 feels like a floaty boat ride which makes you feel alienated from the road. When taking tight cornering on my F10 (535i M-Sport) with stock M-Sport suspension was certainly not Satisfactory and enough Body Roll on Stock M-Sport Suspension and the float Feeling and loose feel of the car wont make you even think to floor the pedal and considering the height at which my Car Stood made me to swap out stock springs for H&R Sport Springs in hope of improved ride quality but the problem i then faced with Swapping Stock Springs for H&R is that Body Roll was still felt and enough to be very noticeable when spirited driving take place, but the Float feelings that was noticed with the Stock Springs improved.

You can also use KW'S and don't drop your Ride Height, thats why its Called an Adjustable Suspension.

Jason8822;1011028 said:
As compared to your stock, M sport will be a few cm lower. If change, must be both spring & shocks. Optional will be front/rear ARB.

Val101;1011007 said:

I agree. The KW is expensive, but it's definitely worth it. The V3 definitely transformed my F10 "road boat" to a Good Driving Machine. Should have done it earlier.

With the KW, I still wouldn't say the F10 is the Ultimate Driving Machine because the steering feedback with the electric steering still sucks and the throttle/transmission is still laggy.

Oh, M Sport also sporty.
That means i am floating around most of the time in my stock suspension.:lol:
Had KW Street Comfort before, dun like to lower so i set the height near stock but damper will stretch to max and you will feel the thump when crossing hump too fast, end up damaging my steering bearing twice in half a year

Red_Bean_Bun;1011083 said:
I think the M Sport suspension would be more comfortable than the KW.

When using KW's... your Car Feel like Stock and it is Comfortable and you will feel that your Ride is more Different and Feels even more lighter and planted to the Ground and to me my Car feels like it had lost a lot of weight and body roll had now become a thing of the Past as i tackle corners i mean even bumpy corners not feeling any Boat Feeling or Float Feelings which i noticed when my car was on M-Sport stock suspension.From a ride quality Stand Point my car was awesome, feel like there is a new tighter steering rack on the car and the most important thing was that my car rode like Stock, you wont feel that Hard feelings you normally have with other Coilovers. But take note that KW V3 is stiffer then stock, that's for sure, but it's not annoyingly harsh or rough and my Car is on 20" Wheels, you will feel same like Stock but with an improved handling and now i feel like i am in full control of the car I really like the V3 so much as my Car feel totally a different car, the ride quality improved alot, completely stable, total comfortably and connected to the road.

douggie;1011093 said:
I agree. The KW is expensive, but it's definitely worth it. The V3 definitely transformed my F10 "road boat" to a Good Driving Machine. Should have done it earlier.

With the KW, I still wouldn't say the F10 is the Ultimate Driving Machine because the steering feedback with the electric steering still sucks and the throttle/transmission is still laggy.

Hopefully bmw release the software upgrade for preFL F10 steering cos they supposedly improved it in the LCi with newer software.
Throttle lag i think its common nowadays when driving in NORMAL mode cos manufacturers are trying to lower emission
Drive in sports mode la

BTW, i dun feel my car laggy even in NORMAL mode

Val101;1011096 said:
When using KW's... your Car Feel like Stock and it is Comfortable and you will feel that your Ride is more Different and Feels even more lighter and planted to the Ground and to me my Car feels like it had lost a lot of weight and body roll had now become a thing of the Past as i tackle corners i mean even bumpy corners not feeling any Boat Feeling or Float Feelings which i noticed when my car was on M-Sport stock suspension.From a ride quality Stand Point my car was awesome, feel like there is a new tighter steering rack on the car and the most important thing was that my car rode like Stock, you wont feel that Hard feelings you normally have with other Coilovers. But take note that KW V3 is stiffer then stock, that's for sure, but it's not annoyingly harsh or rough and my Car is on 20" Wheels, you will feel same like Stock but with an improved handling and now i feel like i am in full control of the car I really like the V3 so much as my Car feel totally a different car, the ride quality improved alot, completely stable, total comfortably and connected to the road.

Errrmmmm .... how to feel like stock and yet more stable while you know V3 stiffer than stock.....

Jason8822;1011101 said:
Errrmmmm .... how to feel like stock and yet more stable while you know V3 stiffer than stock.....

It Feel like Stock when Driving and More Stable, When you will feel that it is Stiffer is when going over dips where the springs compress and decompress, the car stabilized itself in a matter of 1 Sec... compared to Stock M-Sport Suspension which keeps you Floating!

Val101;1011096 said:
How come no one talks about Bilstein?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
new88comcom1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back