Landed Property in D9-11

Re: Landed Property in D9-11

if the child no brain and cannot make it in the PSLE outright, should not try so hard to go branded school

Hublot;486086 said:
Hi Ken,

I am buying for the sake of my children and to meet the requirement of 1km from Nanyang Pri or Raffles Girls Pri.

With these prices i think would be a Big risk and also if cannot get into the parents volunteer application DIE FLAT...

Any bros there think the property in D9-11 will goes beyond 1500psf in 5 years time? As i see condo around the region only selling 1000psf (10yrs old type) to 1450psf (for new ones)?

Lost,
Hublot

i heard that nanyang primary is very selective and conducts interviews for parent volunteers. In addition, unlike most schools, parent volunteering is for two years in such "branded" schools. One of the easiest way to get selected for PV is to nominate yourself to be a Traffic warden for the school...................:yikess: :yikess: :yikess: :yikess:

bmw_newbie;486307 said:
i heard that nanyang primary is very selective and conducts interviews for parent volunteers. In addition, unlike most schools, parent volunteering is for two years in such "branded" schools. One of the easiest way to get selected for PV is to nominate yourself to be a Traffic warden for the school...................:yikess: :yikess: :yikess: :yikess:
must it be parents or can any family member be a volunteer? what if some1 provides their maid to do the volunteer work?

Slater;486313 said:
must it be parents or can any family member be a volunteer? what if some1 provides their maid to do the volunteer work?
Maid also can. MOE said 2 conditions:
1) The maid must be very pretty and sexy like Jessica Alba
2) The principal is as hum sup as hitmee or SLK69.

Sorry for 0T. Slater's fault.
Let's concentrate on D9-11 property prices. Anyone got condo

What about those cluster semi-D housing estates coming up in D10 e.g. Ventura Hts and Estrivillas.

S$5xx to 7xx psf ?

C3P0;486355 said:
Maid also can. MOE said 2 conditions:
1) The maid must be very pretty and sexy like Jessica Alba
2) The principal is as hum sup as hitmee or SLK69.

Sorry for 0T. Slater's fault.
Let's concentrate on D9-11 property prices. Anyone got condo

stefman;486058 said:
I thought PR cannot buy any landed property, must apply and limited to 99 year lease hold.

This is just a general questions, they will evenually become citizen of Singapore. Cheers

hitmee;486401 said:
nanyang pri is not the only branded pri sch.
there are a few more.
ACPS, ACJS, MGPS , SCGS etc

Just see MOE's list of
Primary GEP Centres

School Nature of School
  • Anglo-Chinese School (Primary) Boys
  • Catholic High School (Primary) Boys
  • Henry Park Primary School Co-ed
  • Nan Hua Primary School Co-ed
  • Nanyang Primary School Co-ed
  • Raffles Girls' Primary School Girls
  • Rosyth School Co-ed
  • St Hilda's Primary School Co-ed
  • Tao Nan School* Co-ed

pls dun send ur kid to nanyang...my son is there. its a school for ppl with money. no good for the kids. all the parents there send their kids to extra lessons....n need to pay. the school uses so many outside vendors...teachers dun even speak proper english. they act as facilitators...send ur kid home to do xtra studies. no good imo cos if u hv no money n no time...ur kid cant keep up. alot of pressure.

totoseow;486448 said:
teachers dun even speak proper english. they act as facilitators...send ur kid home to do xtra studies. no good imo cos if u hv no money n no time...ur kid cant keep up. alot of pressure.

maybe ris low grad from there. BOOMZ!

I have relatives who are doing volunteer work at RGPS. The volunteer program is very transparent and fair. Even take in people all the way from faraway HDB estates like Choa Chu Kang. I feel that is more down to earth.

No one I directly know doing volunteer work at Nanyang so can't comment on that.

Let me tell you a joke.

I have a daughter. So she can try to go in either Nanyang or RGPS.

Someone in my family says Nanyang is better. Why? Because RGPS is girl school -> what if our daughter has a son? That son, who will be my grandson, then cannot go RGPS right.

That's the joke. I can't tell you who told that joke. She will again hang me.

Now, WHO CARES ABOUT MY GRANDSON (IF I HAVE ANY) WHEN I AM ALREADY IN HEAVEN!??!!??

C3P0;486560 said:
Let me tell you a joke.

I have a daughter. So she can try to go in either Nanyang or RGPS.

Someone in my family says Nanyang is better. Why? Because RGPS is girl school -> what if our daughter has a son? That son, who will be my grandson, then cannot go RGPS right.

That's the joke. I can't tell you who told that joke. She will again hang me.

Now, WHO CARES ABOUT MY GRANDSON (IF I HAVE ANY) WHEN I AM ALREADY IN HEAVEN!??!!??

Who knows if RGPS, Nanyang or even Singapore will still be around for that matter...

Aiyah... all this talk about schools.
Don't worry too much...

Whether you attend RJC or SRJC.
Everyone takes the same Exam in the end...

Ai Ya, I also have no talent except for gulfing down food and have a boisterous voice. But my weird kid had this yearning for string instruments since super young and finally found his calling in Er Hu. Which kid naturally likes chinese classical music? Anyway, imagine all the "kill chicken, kill duck" we have to put up with. So can not tell. Some more your princess is only 1 years old and from the way your wife is insisting on Nanyang now, she would most probably drown her with classical piano, gymnastics, ballet, swimming, etc etc etc. So there may be hope of DSA via CCA yet.

As has been affirmed by another bro here, Nanyang excels in facilitating private tuition centres. Kids get no life; waking up before sunrise and right after school rush to back to back tuition and come home dead tired. Unless she is a born genius. But it seems like whatever we say here will not change your wife's mind. So here's a tip.

Nanyang has kindergarten as well. Starting from playschool, I think. Enroll her now for 2012. Although they officially say no preferential entry into NPS, it opens the door for your wife to hobnob with the "powers that be" and find the correct lobangs to be in, via sitting on the right committee or donating on a consistent basis to the "preferred" fund, etc etc.

Also, do not buy a house along the same access road of the school. Or else, you will die C*** Stand with the jams. Go recce peak hour traffic flow. Agents will never arrange a viewing during those times.

Good Luck

Hi dgsk,

I tried to enroll my daughter (2.5years) to this Nanyang kindergarten for N1 but was told of the waiting list was many hundreds exclude those old boys old girls siblings priority. I had a friend who got his kid in this kindergarten by enrolling since birth... you believe?

So by chance I tried again last month for my 1.5years son but again was told that the waiting list was 140 excluding those with priority.

NO JOKE... even this kindergarten is not somewhat affiliated but since bear a "NANYANG" got them to this flame.

Yes! It is no joke. The kiasu kiasi mentality of Singapore parents.
Nanyang is a successful brand name.
I am sorry that despite the kindergarten being now in a much larger premise, it still cannot meet the needs of kiasu kiasi parents who are killing their children with their idea of love.
That said, if you truly seriously die die must send your child there, pm me.

dgsk;486120 said:
Hublot

Also, the affiliation entry into secondary school nowadays has as good as been nullified. PSLE points for affiliation is less than 5pts. The current flavor is towards Direct School Admissions through CCA. My eldest was admitted via this route to Hwa Chong Institution based on his proficiency in chinese orchestral instruments. SCGS looks for gymnasts and badminton players. ACS independent look for rugby and soccer players. For all these DSA, they only require that the child pass PSLE with 200pts, the bare minimum for express. Perhaps you should consider this route as well.

Good Luck.

hi

Would you know if TracknField or swimming is favored by HCI ?

May take your suggestion to consider the DSA approach :)

I think MOE/govt should just use those good name school and then name them like Nanyang (Changi or Jurong or West Coast, etc etc) like that problem solve.....

Like CHIJ.....got a few branches......Lol

cheers

Hi dgsk,

u mean to PM for Nanyang Kindergarten or Primary?

That can save much trouble for me. I buy coffee..

daywalker;486767 said:
hi

Would you know if TracknField or swimming is favored by HCI ?

May take your suggestion to consider the DSA approach :)

HCI favours Track & Field and Gymnastics. Since the 1980s. Shouldn't change much by now.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back