Leather of seats peeling off

Re: Leather of seats peeling off

wobbles;733945 said:
If you want, I could also take photos of my Dakota & show/share it with you - then you can go bang table - if it is indeed leatherette instead of leather!
Thanks bro, would appreciate ur photo :)

Nickg;733828 said:
Hi Sukuragi

My Car is only 6 month old !!!! Haizzz

Bro do update us on ur status of the repairs or replacement.
I am currently still awaiting BMW Asia's reply on the replacement.

[email protected];732914 said:
I bought mine Junr last year, believe that it's around the same time you have it, the only thing written in the sales agreement was a M aerodynamic kit.Bro can snap picture and post, I can't seems to find the word.

But i recall my sales guy telling me is Dakota leader, my wife spend almost 30 mins on the colour and trimming combination.

Bro, sorry I have not taken the photo yet, will post it tmr.
Pai seh :oops:

I juz double confirm with my sales exec, it is confirmed dakota leather

dakota leather looks very very similar to leatherette... unless u have them side by side u can't really tell one... but leatherette is damn durable

Yah maybe look the same frm far bah, but feel is surely different. Happen to be same colour somemore so diffcult to differentiate

Sensatec or leatherette is da best! Real leather difficult to maintain.

Ha ha ha... Experiencing it Liao, my previous rise is synthetic leather nw full leather. So much difference in maintance, lol....

PML has finally gotten back to me, they will be changing my leather seats =)
Hopefully no more such issues after the change

Thanks bro for asking.
Will be doing it next week.i shall update the status again

Finally got it change last week.
The leather is somewhat softer and more comfortable than the previous

for those who want to know what material the seats are from factory, there is a website to check your car's option list. you just need your VIN number to check.

my 2010 E90 318i comes from factory with Sensatec aka "fake" leather

Sukuragi;793394 said:
Hi lim_ck,
Care to share the website add?
Thank u

PMed you. not sure I should post the info in public since it's supposed to be an official website not accessible to public

edit : just checked the website again and all the login information is there now for users to check freely. so here's the website information for all who are interested.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/ac...rts-catalogue/electronic-parts-catalogue.html

U: eu111111
P: bmwetk1

Enter the last 7 digits of the VIN and then click Options in the title row at the top of the page. When you hit print you
get your colour etc. as well, although not on the initial page, not until the "Print" version opens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukuragi;793439 said:
Thanks bro!
Sorry one last qn, where do I locate the VIN?

2 options
1. go to your car, pop the bonnet and you should see the VIN on the suspension mount.
2. go to https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=EnquireTransferFee key in your car plate number and put a random date. your VIN number is the chassis number. you need the last 7 characters of your chassis number to use for the website.

example, chassis number from LTA website is WBAPF72020A123456. so you use A123456 as the VIN number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back