Let's talk about Drivers...Driving Experiences...

Re: Let's talk about Drivers...Driving Experiences...

Chocs? What is the opposite of tulan?

jonleeck;918873 said:
Chocs? What is the opposite of tulan?

...:lol::lol::lol::lol:....

speaking of road hoggers, I might get flamed here but the 2 most common encounters I have are women drivers and taxi drivers. many women drivers are totally oblivious of other faster cars behind them, and its useless using high-beam on them because they don't look at the rear-view mirror anyway....
many taxi drivers are happy to reach their max speed of 90km/h and then cruise along the right most lane. even if you give them the high beam or horn, they also simply bo chap.. :angry:

bryan_t;918943 said:
speaking of road hoggers, I might get flamed here but the 2 most common encounters I have are women drivers and taxi drivers. many women drivers are totally oblivious of other faster cars behind them, and its useless using high-beam on them because they don't look at the rear-view mirror anyway....
many taxi drivers are happy to reach their max speed of 90km/h and then cruise along the right most lane. even if you give them the high beam or horn, they also simply bo chap.. :angry:

...oorrhhhh...u jiak lat...Black Cookie...whack him...!! :chinese:

...:lol::lol::lol::lol:....

...on a serious note.......sum elderly uncles oso ley ....quite a road hazard 2, ain't it? ....hve u been behind one...while they r crawling in their cruise.....parking...reversing......or worst...sumtimes...Stop without warning....?!

...but when I see it's an elderly....I'm ok...nvr mind...patient as far as I can...:chinese:

...NO Prejudice.

bryan_t;918943 said:

There are many types of Road hoggers mentioned here and those Fucktard types of drivers are the worst types ...

No matter what ride we are in, we show check our rear mirrors every 2-3 seconds... and give way since basic knowledge is if a vehicle becomes bigger on the rear mirror means it is going at fast speed or one is driving too slow.

I was on a expressway this week ... i met a loser (usually empty cabs would be a bit problematic)... It is a Taxi ! He was on Lane 1 (at whatsoever speed) .... I was catching speed on him .... I am pretty sure he knows since it is night .... u can know a BMW if he is on your rear ...

Reason on me chasing on expressway speed on him is basically i can see the full stretch of 1-2 km in front of him ... Lane 1 is clear at least 800-900 metres ahead ....

What he did is tap the brakes ... at first one sec ....
then tap again for 3 seconds .... then again .... it happen for fourth times .... Basically i was bit pissed .... usually i have no patience for such drivers. the typical me is try not to follow behind but to overtake at earliest chance ... but due to the second lanes occupancy i do not have a chance to overtake ...

but second lane definitely have space for him to shift and return when i overtake ... but this taxi did not ...

So close to 1 km mark, i manged to overtake him via lane 2 - lane 3 and lane 1 .... but yucks ... another car shifted from lane 2 to lane 1 and hog the roads again ...

The uncle must be laughing at the prank he pulled on me ...

What to do ? an empty cab ... can only blame my luck only ... and blame my car no siren or flashing lights...

++
Today i was on CTE to AMK .... at 6ishpm ... it was semi congested and car could cruise at 70 ... i was on lane 1 when suddenly a flashing light was behind me ... it shifted to lane 2 when lane is clear like within 1-2seconds. Other drivers too reacted same....

shifted back to follow the flashing Volvo was another BMW 5 series bro here ... i was behind .... and you can see how fast singapore drivers react to such cars compared to ambulance .... of course not to say following behind lah ...

but you can see within 5 seconds cars will shift lanes and then back ... but many are not doing same... if it is a normal car ...

++
Hogging is not cool but incase the roads are congested then i think perhaps there is no chance ...

Last edited by a moderator:

SUPAN;919019 said:
There are many types of Road hoggers mentioned here and those Fucktard types of drivers are the worst types ...

No matter what ride we are in, we show check our rear mirrors every 2-3 seconds... and give way since basic knowledge is if a vehicle becomes bigger on the rear mirror means it is going at fast speed or one is driving too slow.

I was on a expressway this week ... i met a loser (usually empty cabs would be a bit problematic)... It is a Taxi ! He was on Lane 1 (at whatsoever speed) .... I was catching speed on him .... I am pretty sure he knows since it is night .... u can know a BMW if he is on your rear ...

Reason on me chasing on expressway speed on him is basically i can see the full stretch of 1-2 km in front of him ... Lane 1 is clear at least 800-900 metres ahead ....

What he did is tap the brakes ... at first one sec ....
then tap again for 3 seconds .... then again .... it happen for fourth times .... Basically i was bit pissed .... usually i have no patience for such drivers. the typical me is try not to follow behind but to overtake at earliest chance ... but due to the second lanes occupancy i do not have a chance to overtake ...

but second lane definitely have space for him to shift and return when i overtake ... but this taxi did not ...

So close to 1 km mark, i manged to overtake him via lane 2 - lane 3 and lane 1 .... but yucks ... another car shifted from lane 2 to lane 1 and hog the roads again ...

The uncle must be laughing at the prank he pulled on me ...

What to do ? an empty cab ... can only blame my luck only ... and blame my car no siren or flashing lights...

i had a similar incident returning from the airport, late at night. all tired, wanted to go home and rest.. going down lane 1 and a damn hogging TAXI is blocking my way. second lane also blocked because cars are traveling at the same speed (~80kph). flashed my light several times in quick successions, taxi decided to ignore as if he didn't see me. i eventually found an opportunity and overtook him.

guess what?

he HELD his HIGH BEAM at me. i was royally pissed and gave him a taste of my brakes.

i have a video of it. if not for the screaming ladies telling me not to jam my brakes i would have posted the video up.

If there is one thing I would say - almost all taxis I have encounterred are bastards.

high beam, road hog etc. Everyday would see them behave life bastards that they are.

There was once I was trying to get my in-law nearing death to the hospital - taxi refused to give way on the fast lane ..... family was travelling in a convoy and one car got to his left and signal to him to give way to the car behind he ignored. In the end had to slow down the middle lane for the car behind to filter left. Then he tried to block that move in the end one of us had to get in front of him to slow him down so my wife's car can pass safely.

Taxi drivers - the worst in drivers.

detach8;919027 said:
i had a similar incident returning from the airport, late at night. all tired, wanted to go home and rest.. going down lane 1 and a damn hogging TAXI is blocking my way. second lane also blocked because cars are traveling at the same speed (~80kph). flashed my light several times in quick successions, taxi decided to ignore as if he didn't see me. i eventually found an opportunity and overtook him.

guess what?

he HELD his HIGH BEAM at me. i was royally pissed and gave him a taste of my brakes.

i have a video of it. if not for the screaming ladies telling me not to jam my brakes i would have posted the video up.

...Sum Lorries 2...driving dangerously @ high speed....can see & hear their vehicles wobbling as they speed along....:shock:.....juz wouldn't let u cut, but instead...sum will juz cut u abruptly...we gotto step on brake & give way....juz due 2 their sheer size.....& this types normally occupy 2nd lanes as well...if it's a 3 or 4 lanes roads..:sleepy:

detach8;919027 said:

guess what?

It happen to me many years back when i was driving a VTEC 2 l jap car .... As lane 2 is really congested and lane 1 is abit lose ... there is a BIG / huge motorcyle with those LUX type with panels of lights behind ... hogging lane 1 with his wife or GF ....

I gave a quick flash to "request him to shift bit more to the lane 2" (it was PIE towards Geylang) as i was in Lane 1. Guess what the motorcycle did ? He brake hard .... I also Brake as i was keeping a distance ...

This is no brainer ... a motorcycle with a lady pillion wants to brake hard when lightly flash ? what if my brakes fail ? I pity the Lady pillion...

No point to jam the brakes ... when others flash.... just activate rear curtains .... and drive off fast ....

Red_Bean_Bun;919046 said:
If there is one thing I would say - almost all taxis I have encounterred are bastards.

high beam, road hog etc. Everyday would see them behave life bastards that they are.

There was once I was trying to get my in-law nearing death to the hospital - taxi refused to give way on the fast lane ..... family was travelling in a convoy and one car got to his left and signal to him to give way to the car behind he ignored. In the end had to slow down the middle lane for the car behind to filter left. Then he tried to block that move in the end one of us had to get in front of him to slow him down so my wife's car can pass safely.

Taxi drivers - the worst in drivers.

I would not agree to that ... there are many people in this world .... some are good others are bad...

there is always black sheeps ...

There are many whom gave way ... a couple hoggers and others are careless drivers...

They think their turbos rule the road ...

Chocs;919047 said:
...Sum Lorries 2...driving dangerously @ high speed....can see & hear their vehicles wobbling as they speed along....:shock:.....juz wouldn't let u cut, but instead...sum will juz cut u abruptly...we gotto step on brake & give way....juz due 2 their sheer size.....& this types normally occupy 2nd lanes as well...if it's a 3 or 4 lanes roads..:sleepy:

True .... but these guys will know that they hog and then return back to their lanes ...

They change lane thinking that the front vehicle is slow ... but they forgot u are a fast car coming ...

I am sure these big sizes have their share of complaints on speed monsters or faster sneeky cars cutting into filter lanes last minute before their and they have to jame brakes if not their tyres will squash us ... etc ...

It is a give and take thing .... but if we give but they take and never return the favor by play punk or hog then ... is their own grave ... i am sure they have yet to meet the road bullies to wack them yet ...

Those that I have encounterred is the key phrase. Can add in lying and intimidation as well to the list.

SUPAN;919051 said:
I would not agree to that ... there are many people in this world .... some are good others are bad...

there is always black sheeps ...

There are many whom gave way ... a couple hoggers and others are careless drivers...

They think their turbos rule the road ...

Red_Bean_Bun;919054 said:
Those that I have encounterred is the key phrase. Can add in lying and intimidation as well to the list.

True ..

:p

Tsk tsk tsk. Young people nowsadays got so much 火气 in them. Last time unker wobbles always happy happy on the roads. Never simi road-pig, kar-ch'ng gate or dunno what flash simi LJ.

Driving is an experience to be savoured, to be relished, oh how it feels to be free... why risk blowing an annual-aneu-anoo- aiyah - stroke, when you get behind the wheel of your car? The only kind of blowing anyone should be so lucky to get is the Cecilia Sue kind.

Happy a bit. Life is stressful enough as it is. Don't sweat the small stuff :)

kenntona;918746 said:
Yes, it is relative.

But not just relative to the lanes on the left.

Also relative to the cars behind. That ultimately defines hogging.

Whether the driver who needs to overtake you is crossing the legal line, let the TPs do their jobs.

Whether he is driving safely, rational, drunk, ricey, let him pass - as long as he needs to use the road ahead of you more urgent than you do .....

agree with kenn. live and let live, and life will be easier :)

wobbles;919097 said:
Tsk tsk tsk. Young people nowsadays got so much 火气 in them. Last time unker wobbles always happy happy on the roads. Never simi road-pig, kar-ch'ng gate or dunno what flash simi LJ.

Driving is an experience to be savoured, to be relished, oh how it feels to be free... why risk blowing an annual-aneu-anoo- aiyah - stroke, when you get behind the wheel of your car? The only kind of blowing anyone should be so lucky to get is the Cecilia Sue kind.

Happy a bit. Life is stressful enough as it is. Don't sweat the small stuff :)

Your punchline subliminal message is....unker wobble likes EXTRA fah choi......

jasonmaxima;919184 said:
Your punchline subliminal message is....unker wobble likes EXTRA fah choi......

OK, OK, I change my sublimal message to the following:

"The only blowing anyone should be so lucky to do is BOV". How's that for being a true-blue petrol-head 40Tiang ricer-boy wannabe?

People who tailgate are stupid also. Especially tailgate sleeper. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacai188betmov

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back