Let's talk about Drivers...Driving Experiences...

Re: Let's talk about Drivers...Driving Experiences...

or they take their in-car video recordings and post in car forums or Stomp and say the other driver is a cheesepie

Forgot to mention another group of cheapskate drivers who:

1) filters 2-4 lanes just to position themselves at pole position at the lights, but proceed to move off at pedestrian pace when it turns green. (its the most fuel efficient way!)

2) filters right across to lane 1 upon entry into expressways, and proceed to drive at tortoise pace then filters right across to the exit, cutting queue at the last meter b4 the exit ends. (because its the fastest way to get to destination!)

3) drivers who use the bare minimum throttle angle and minimum speed (just before stalling in overdrive) to climb slopes like Benjamin Sheares Bridge but die die must hang on to lane 1. (petrol is expensive you know?!)

Last edited by a moderator:

I think these are basic road ethics to handle roadhogging situations better.....

* Learn NOT to be a self-deluded pseudo-virtuous motorist.... examples of fucktard thoughts:
- "... speed limit 90 only what, drive so fast for what?"
- "He overtook me, I will post his photo/video and report police..."

* Learn to respect/be understanding of others' needs for the fast lanes.... examples of fucktard thoughts:
- "I also pay road tax, even if your grandfather in critical condition also must wait."
- "I am driving within the speed limit, so let him tail-gate. We are all equal. He has no bigger right than me."
- "He can overtake from the left wat !!!" Photo attached.

* Learn to always keep left if you are hunting for exits. Do not brake all of a sudden and try to filter 4 lanes to exit.

* Pay the damn ERP if you have to, even if it is few seconds away. Please do not slow down or stop at the roadside just because you wanna save some $$$.

Chocs;918469 said:

...my 2 cash cards always over $100...barrier spoilt mah....:ehhh:...in end, the maintenance guy pulled out the whole barrier ..can't fix @ all! Next time I knw, can pull out one...shld tt happen again, last measure, will do tt 1st, drive out...den settle later.

Noted... next time I will kop your $100+ cash card.... hehehe

kenntona;918670 said:
* Pay the damn ERP if you have to, even if it is few seconds away. Please do not slow down or stop at the roadside just because you wanna save some $$$.

forgot to insert cashcard lah! $10 admin fee is expensive you know?!

powersteer said:
forgot to insert cashcard lah! $10 admin fee is expensive you know?!

All these should have been prepared mah.....

Jammed brakes and then blame tail-gaters somemore... "Who asked you to tailgate? Insurance claim yours !!!"

I noticed Sat and Sun are road hogging days. Just because it's a weekend, drivers would just drive 80km/hr -90km/hr at lane 1 on the expressway. At KPE, you will see the same thing going on.

Met a "wonderful" driver hogging lane 1 at 70km/hr. Once we reached the camera zone, he would slow down to 60km/hr. Lane 1 and 2 are cleared and yet he continued to hog lane 1. Some drivers simply don't care.

Could it be the "follow the book (blindly) and I always need to be number 1" education system fault?

Like there's an emergency - then do what is necessary.

in normal situations.....if you like to speed be my guest.

When you crash and burn......you took the risk. Just don't bring anyone down with you.

Screw you if you say speeding is ok. Who in the 2 scenarios i cited is hogging ? Your imagination runs wild the moment it comes to speeding up.

hogging to me is relative - if the car on the fast lane is traveling slower than the other lanes and refuses to let you pass - he should get booked.

detach8;918625 said:
both are guilty

one is hogging
one is speeding

you don't mix the two together and say, oh road hogging is OK because speeding is not OK. screw you, seriously.

if an ambulance is coming right up your ass at 110kph do you give way?

the ambulance IS speeding, but does it mean it is your right to road hog? NO.

two wrongs does not make a right.

my apologies, i misread your post.

on the right lane that is...

certainly if the ambulance is speeding and he crashes and burn, so be it (it's his fault). blocking the ambulance's way is hogging and like i said

two wrongs does not make a right

speeding and road hogging are two different issues. a hogger needs to give way, not speed up.

Agreed. Giving way is the right thing to do.

detach8;918742 said:
my apologies, i misread your post.

on the right lane that is...

certainly if the ambulance is speeding and he crashes and burn, so be it (it's his fault). blocking the ambulance's way is hogging and like i said

two wrongs does not make a right

speeding and road hogging are two different issues. a hogger needs to give way, not speed up.

Red_Bean_Bun said:
hogging to me is relative - if the car on the fast lane is traveling slower than the other lanes and refuses to let you pass - he should get booked.

Yes, it is relative.

But not just relative to the lanes on the left.

Also relative to the cars behind. That ultimately defines hogging.

Whether the driver who needs to overtake you is crossing the legal line, let the TPs do their jobs.

Whether he is driving safely, rational, drunk, ricey, let him pass - as long as he needs to use the road ahead of you more urgent than you do .....

Pedestrians vs motorists...

I once sat in a colleague's car who didnt know I was driving a bmw
While a fast approaching bimmer coming to his tail
His response was: So what? BMW only ma.. Ya Ya papaya..... I ll will slow down and not let him pass...
Surely. this kind of FUCKtart is off my friend's list..

kenntona;918644 said:
Perhaps he is a doctor rushing back to the hospitaln...

In UK
if you are a doctor on call, You can "chut" the green beacon on your car during a emergency call back

Green_Warning_Light.jpg

ckbmwe60;918762 said:
I once sat in a colleague's car who didnt know I was driving a bmw
While a fast approaching bimmer coming to his tail
His response was: So what? BMW only ma.. Ya Ya papaya..... I ll will slow down and not let him pass...
Surely. this kind of FUCKtart is off my friend's list..

this type is more red with jealousy rather than true blue road hog...cos they choose their targets, prob luxury car brands.

Let's talk about Drivers...Driving Experiences...

Chocs;918469 said:

...Those tt makes yr temperature rises....not referring 2 Hot Sexi Drivers..but

...Wad pissed u most....:mad:.?:

...I can't stand incessant honking.....very stressful....:stop!:..

...experienced once, almost wan 2 climb out of my vehicle 2 tell lots of ppl off, but tahan...really tahan...

....the barrier was stucked, won't rise...cars piling behind me...rang 4 maintenance....think he has 2 come from another planet.....took 4ever....the amount of noises and extended pressing on horns from cars behind me....like tt of activating SG War Sirens...

...but wad can I do, but wait rite...?...:sleepy::sleepy:... Logically if driver didn't top up CashCard, would be ever so apologetic & asked 4 space 2 reverse mah...obviously by seeing me talking 2 the square voice box w over & over again...surely one shld knw got problems...:sleepy:

...my 2 cash cards always over $100...barrier spoilt mah....:ehhh:...in end, the maintenance guy pulled out the whole barrier ..can't fix @ all! Next time I knw, can pull out one...shld tt happen again, last measure, will do tt 1st, drive out...den settle later.

looks like you started a bitch feast. haha. well done.

kenntona;918581 said:
???

Oilman;918582 said:

MW;918583 said:
??????....................................................................

....:lol::lol::lol:...Sapphire siao liow...:p

....he OT la....kidding only la...;)!

golilok;918621 said:
what about those cars parking by the side of main roads outside their kid's school during peak period?

HOGGERs?

....yes, this is one of those things ...tt's really frustrating :ehhh:...!

...I only knw of a stretch of road, 2 lanes, juz after Dunearn tt side, think it's a gal's high school...môrning & after school dismisses , getting by around there, whereby there r buses & lines of cars jamming up 1 lane, waiting 4 their kids, & juz after traffic cross junction..., is simply a nightmare.....

jonleeck;918635 said:
power.............. i remember 1 incident, when my son having a high fever, was speeding @ lane 1 to KK via CTE.
some jokers though i m playing a fool with them!tailgated me all the way till bukit timah exit.
whatever, road hoggers pleasse note keep left.
Those who speed please keep a safe distance. peace!
the rest if wanna act holy and preach road safety?....please take a bus.

...Wad a slap in the face, when tt childish driver realised u r in a rush 2 KK kids Hospital, hope he/She realised there is a real kid in need of treatment. Tt Driver needs 2 Grow up.

Meek;918818 said:
looks like you started a bitch feast. haha. well done.

....:p:lol::lol::lol::lol:...well, sum healthy debate is ok ..we r all adults enuf 2 rationalise. Common sense in driving I guess, who cares if u r driving @ 30/40/50 or 100km, on whichever lane, say if the road is deserted? But in daily commuting on crowded roads, beta 2 be gracious ..

...high beams, racing cos others cut u, hogging , fingers pointing etc etc...realli not necessary. In fact quite childish. Wad Powersteer said abt ego is so true, in fact spot on.

Golden Rule tt makes everyone's lives easier - KEEP Left, unless overtaking.

Road Hogging is an Offence.

Road hogging is proscribed under Rule 5 of the Road Traffic Rules, which states that (a) every vehicle which is moving at a slow rate of speed shall be driven as close to the left-hand side of the roadway as possible, and ( every vehicle shall at all times be driven in such manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed. Breach of that Rule is an offence under Section 131 of the Road Traffic Act, which attracts a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine or 3 months’ imprisonment for the first offence, and a $2,000 fine or 6 months’ imprisonment for a second or subsequent offence. Where a person is convicted of the offence, four demerit points will also be awarded under the Driver Improvement Points System.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv388zip

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back