Let's talk stocks & IPO

Re: Let's talk stocks & IPO

Also looking for a breakout trade for GBP at 1.5466.

kenntona;1000158 said:
On the contrary, I love these kind of price actions. After 10 days of selldown, 7% down => high chance of a false break (down), freak out the traders based on classic stop-trigger below 3200 ......... massive shake.... lovely...
We're back to early Jan's level. Hahahahaha

rodders said:
We're back to early Jan's level. Hahahahaha

Exactly.

Soon the retail/traders will give up, all sell/cut, and then we will see a bear-bounce to 3250-3300 zone again.....

kenntona;1000158 said:
On the contrary, I love these kind of price actions. After 10 days of selldown, 7% down => high chance of a false break (down), freak out the traders based on classic stop-trigger below 3200 ......... massive shake.... lovely...

You will love it when you are cash rich and not when you are filled with stock positions :p Great Singapore Sales may finally be here soon...

However RSI at 23 looks like an oversold situation. US futures +45. A possible temporary rebound tmrw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scg8866t said:
You will love it when you are cash rich and not when you are filled with stock positions :p Great Singapore Sales may finally be here soon...

On the position part, it depends. Most people mixed up time horizons, and between trading and investment. If I am laden with positions since STI @ 2700-3000, why should I be afraid?

It is all about (1) entry levels AND (2) timeframe. If you are playing the longer-term game, this selldown does not change the greater scheme of things.

Of course, if the positions were entered lately, there should be an exit strategy based on shorter timeframe play assumptions. If the investment horizon is still longer term, and that outlook/fundamentals/assumptions have NOT change, then there is nothing to worry about.

Scg8866t;1000163 said:

However RSI at 23 looks like an oversold situation. US futures +45. A possible temporary rebound tmrw.

Maybe a few big boys had to raise cash to fund their XMMs' GSS budgets.

P.S. look at USD and gold!

kenntona;1000169 said:
On the position part, it depends. Most people mixed up time horizons, and between trading and investment. If I am laden with positions since STI @ 2700-3000, why should I be afraid?

It is all about (1) entry levels AND (2) timeframe. If you are playing the longer-term game, this selldown does not change the greater scheme of things

Of course, if the positions were entered lately, there should be an exit strategy based on shorter timeframe play assumptions. If the investment horizon is still longer term, and that outlook/fundamentals/assumptions have NOT change, then there is nothing to worry about.
Follow GIC's and Temasek's strategy. Bad position? No problem. Throw into the vault for long term play. Hahahahaha

who is big boy here?

rodders;1000174 said:
Follow GIC's and Temasek's strategy. Bad position? No problem. Throw into the vault for long term play. Hahahahaha

this sounds like me. whatever I touched turns to shitt...I tell myself I long term invest.

totoseow;1000179 said:
this sounds like me. whatever I touched turns to shitt...I tell myself I long term invest.

Stick to your fixed income trading lah. You're the expert there.

rodders said:

Poor entry AND poor exit strategy.

Remember the typical retail mentality? Buy a micropenny (intended for contra-trade), kenna whipsaw, refused to cut, ended up in a denial mode "never mind, buy and keep lor." In a secular bull market, they could well be subsequently bailed out, not because they are correct, but they are lucky. The same cycle continues until they kenna a big loss.......

One should never mix up the cycles & timeframes.

Ironically, had Temasek followed such retail mentality, they would have been bailed out.....

rodders;1000174 said:

Thank you, now I feel fantastic staying invested in SPDR GLD.US at 180. Think long term yeah!!!

Olam gonna crash badly..Another of Temasek darling.

rodders;1000174 said:

hetraa;1000313 said:
Olam gonna crash badly..Another of Temasek darling.

They had no choice but to bail out Olam in their rights issue cos if they don't and Olam really tanked, the public outcry will echo till 2016. They then arm twisted Olam into cutting back on all their free spending. Hahahaha

True, alot of stuckists out there with pennies like innopac, singhaiyi, gblyellowpages, lorenzo, magnus. some are victims of pump and dump. just dont be the last to carry the baton.

in todays markets, best to do just intraday trade n close positions at 5pm. but refining the entry and exit is a must.

good FA midcaps and high dividend yield blue chips are best for longterm.

kenntona;1000184 said:
Poor entry AND poor exit strategy.

Remember the typical retail mentality? Buy a micropenny (intended for contra-trade), kenna whipsaw, refused to cut, ended up in a denial mode "never mind, buy and keep lor." In a secular bull market, they could well be subsequently bailed out, not because they are correct, but they are lucky. The same cycle continues until they kenna a big loss.......

One should never mix up the cycles & timeframes.

Ironically, had Temasek followed such retail mentality, they would have been bailed out.....

Looking to sell AUD/JPY above 93.00 today. Market is targeting the 200 DMA at about 91.60.
Nikkei has gone into bear market. Will look to sell USD/JPY on bounce. Market is targeting about 93.60 (38.6% fibo)
Looking to buy GBP/USD again on dips.

Oversold situation, first green candle. support turn resistance at 3200. Have to wait another two days to confirm support or else could be another dead cat bounce.

View attachment 51180

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one88vn1net

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back