Let's talk stocks & IPO

Re: Let's talk stocks & IPO

rodders said:
Squared AUD/JPY.

Looking good again....

Traders can do a small bear-bounce trade, but else, cannot bottom pick for longer timeframe yet. My 2 cents.

Holding some exisiting positions since last week for the long haul, for instance, SCI at 4.82.

shd be taking profits for today and yesterday trade. dun wanna risk over the weekend.
methinks its a short rebound. institutions are not buyin in today, only retailers confidence restored by last night DOW.

think bottom shd be 2960-3060..if this breaks, longterm downtrend le

sti 3250 must hold or else.......

waiting for Ben FOMC talk tonight. looking at last few day of STI, likely QE3 will not taper.

Time to buy MYR? 2.5099

Last edited by a moderator:

kenntona;1003720 said:
Traders can do a small bear-bounce trade, but else, cannot bottom pick for longer timeframe yet. My 2 cents.

Holding some exisiting positions since last week for the long haul, for instance, SCI at 4.82.

solid price for sci

Today market major gap down at open due to FOMC Fears, luckily STI was strong, pull up back to 3124 levels. Bargain hunters at morning stand to reap, if monday is green... huat bros!

hetraa;1006891 said:
Today market major gap down at open due to FOMC Fears, luckily STI was strong, pull up back to 3124 levels. Bargain hunters at morning stand to reap, if monday is green... huat bros!
Bo green.... Zzzzz

Everyone hoped today will be green...but today jialat
market is superbad.
so did u sell yr blue chips or hold?

toiletsiao;1007584 said:
Bo green.... Zzzzz

By Christopher Tan Senior Transport Correspondent

June 25 (Straits Times) -- THE Downtown MRT Line 2, which will link Singapore's north-western corridor to the new Marina
downtown by 2015, is likely to be delayed because a main contractor has gone bust. Austrian builder Alpine Bau, which was working on the line's King Albert Park, Sixth Avenue and Tan Kah Kee stations, filed for insolvency last week after a failed restructuring plan. Industry players said the most optimistic outcome would be a six-month slowdown.

See SMRT's chart. Ripe for a 50% short to 1.405, if breaks, adds to shorts?

Kenntona

chartwise,
this may-june period seems similar to 2008 may -june period..where theres a few rebounds, and after that it crash after major shortselling.

do u think it might happen this time round?

kenntona;1007736 said:
By Christopher Tan Senior Transport Correspondent

June 25 (Straits Times) -- THE Downtown MRT Line 2, which will link Singapore's north-western corridor to the new Marina
downtown by 2015, is likely to be delayed because a main contractor has gone bust. Austrian builder Alpine Bau, which was working on the line's King Albert Park, Sixth Avenue and Tan Kah Kee stations, filed for insolvency last week after a failed restructuring plan. Industry players said the most optimistic outcome would be a six-month slowdown.

See SMRT's chart. Ripe for a 50% short to 1.405, if breaks, adds to shorts?

hetraa said:
Kenntona

chartwise,
this may-june period seems similar to 2008 may -june period..where theres a few rebounds, and after that it crash after major shortselling.

do u think it might happen this time round?

The set-up is different this time. It is post a multi-month decline.

Back then, it was against a 5-6 mth uptrend.

But take notice of the way it trades after a long period of consolidation - spiked up and sell-down, broke below range.......

oh kenn, i was refering to STI , not mrt...hehe

u joined v3go?

kenntona;1008021 said:
The set-up is different this time. It is post a multi-month decline.

Back then, it was against a 5-6 mth uptrend.

But take notice of the way it trades after a long period of consolidation - spiked up and sell-down, broke below range.......

hetraa said:
oh kenn, i was refering to STI , not mrt...hehe

Again, the context was different. Current state could be closer to Jan 2010 or Jan 2011 - after a prolonged multi-month uptrend.

hetraa said:
u joined v3go?

Long ago......

Last edited by a moderator:

What do u think of V3go, Spencer Li of Synapse, Bill K or Sgx swinger?

thinking of attending one of them.

kenntona;1008024 said:
hetraa said:
oh kenn, i was refering to STI , not mrt...hehe{/QUOTE]

Again, the context was different. Current state could be closer to Jan 2010 or Jan 2011 - after a prolonged multi-month uptrend.

Long ago......

hetraa said:
What do u think of V3go, Spencer Li of Synapse, Bill K or Sgx swinger? thinking of attending one of them.

For stocks or FX/Futures?

There is no single methodology for all traders, or investors, against various asset classes and across multiple timeframes. I don't believe in one-size-fit-all technique for all practitioners, given varying risk profiles. I learnt a bit from V3Go and T3B, but I think I learnt more from Ray Barros and Tom DeMark from a broader-based approach.

Even the likes of Elliott and Bollinger, I find limitations and shortcomings in application, intepretation and execution. But some principles are helpful in forming the bigger picture.

Personally, I pulled and plugged all I have learnt into a model which formed a matrix of 6 parameters - direction, trend, levels, range, odds and momentum to decide on my positions.

In many circumstances, I ended up NOT trading given the conflicting signals of some of these parameters. That in itself, I find, is a skill many practitioners do not understand. The art NOT to engage, when the peer pressures are overwhelming.

And in infrequent circumstances, I have ended up profitable on both LONG and SHORT trades on the same name - sort of a calendar spread strategy.....

for stocks...

personally i find stochastics, macd, rsi quite lagging indicators,

prefer price action, volume, trendlines, prior highs and lows, candlesticks(not very accurate too)

and im not sure if v3go,sgx swinger, gonna teach me what i already know, or some secret formula...

kenntona;1008029 said:
For stocks or FX/Futures?

There is no single methodology for all traders, or investors, against various asset classes and across multiple timeframes. I don't believe in one-size-fit-all technique for all practitioners, given varying risk profiles. I learnt a bit from V3Go and T3B, but I think I learnt more from Ray Barros and Tom DeMark from a broader-based approach.

Even the likes of Elliott and Bollinger, I find limitations and shortcomings in application, intepretation and execution. But some principles are helpful in forming the bigger picture.

Personally, I pulled and plugged all I have learnt into a model which formed a matrix of 6 parameters - direction, trend, levels, range, odds and momentum to decide on my positions.

In many circumstances, I ended up NOT trading given the conflicting signals of some of these parameters. That in itself, I find, is a skill many practitioners do not understand. The art NOT to engage, when the peer pressures are overwhelming.

And in infrequent circumstances, I have ended up profitable on both LONG and SHORT trades on the same name - sort of a calendar spread strategy.....

hetraa said:
for stocks...

personally i find stochastics, macd, rsi quite lagging indicators,

prefer price action, volume, trendlines, prior highs and lows, candlesticks(not very accurate too)

and im not sure if v3go,sgx swinger, gonna teach me what i already know, or some secret formula...

Agree wholeheartedly with the indicators you have mentioned.

Take for instance, in a massive (volume) and acute (steep) selldown scenario, very often it is accompanied by macro news. Some of these events can be structural, and the damage to the market can last for a long time. Those indicators like MACD, Stochastics and RSI are all useless. But on the right side of the V-shape curve, the shape of these indicators will help to decide on the sizes of bets. It helps in execution, not overall reading.

For portfolio views, it takes a bit of research.

For trading views, I think most of us can get 60-70% of the trade correct. But that's not the trick. The trick is to get these 60-70% of the trades very profitable, and at the same time make sure that those 30-40% of the scratched/losing trades, the losses are minimal. That is not easy for many.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back