///m 135

Re: ///m 135

frankcos;933160 said:
that sounds about right... i highly doubt it can be listed at $275K, as that's the cost of a brand new 1M when it first launched.

if indeed it is $275K, top-up a bit and purchase a second hand M3, as what alvin say!

Probably now Higher COE...........???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

///m 135

frankcos;933160 said:
that sounds about right... i highly doubt it can be listed at $275K, as that's the cost of a brand new 1M when it first launched.

if indeed it is $275K, top-up a bit and purchase a second hand M3, as what alvin say!

Dear All
Frankcos is right, the listed price is $250K for 5 door and $245K for 3 door.

M-Nut;933162 said:
Dear All
Frankcos is right, the listed price is $250K for 5 door and $245K for 3 door.

good deal at great price, is a steal... go get... before COE shoots to $100K... but don't worry, no carbon emission surcharge, as M135i is considered neutral...

MUST BUY!

Too many Ms...spoil the broth...now we are looking at M4, M2 (some speculation)..man the list goes on.. M6 Gran Coupe...*faint*

Niva;934852 said:
Too many Ms...spoil the broth...now we are looking at M4, M2 (some speculation)..man the list goes on.. M6 Gran Coupe...*faint*
Since there is too many ///M, buy Alpina loh. Alpina only got B3S, B5, B6 & B7. If u don't like B, u can also buy D3 & D5.:)

davidtch;934865 said:
Since there is too many ///M, buy Alpina loh. Alpina only got B3S, B5, B6 & B7. If u don't like B, u can also buy D3 & D5.:)

Lol! Pwr...

Niva;934852 said:

agree to me the whole idea of diluting the M brand is so that they can charge higher for non M cars n yet make them w mass produced non M parts. Eg. the E9x M I think >80% of the parts are specially made for M only.

So by calling it M135 etc etc, they push up the price yet the parts cost not as expensive to make as they are shared w lower end models. Helps the bottom line of BMW thats all. Long run it may gradually kill off the M brand purists n they may end up looking at porsche or whichever brand hasn't abused/diluted the brand image.

Purists never really like the direction of just about anything. The funny thing is that today's so called "purists", aren't even that pure in the eyes of purists of generations ago. I keep hearing about diluting this and diluting that. Like Life in general, it's probably not abt right or wrong, but to do with Haves and Have-Nots. The manufacturer with the established brand or lineage would seek to capitalize on it while those without, would lan lan stay put. Did i hear somebody say Porsche not diluting their brand image? Porsche used to make only impractical sports cars. To survive, they started making cheaper Boxster and followed by Cayenne and Panamera and made them all look like frogs. That's not diluting the 911 brand image? The only car company that keeps things exclusive are among the Dodo and T-Rex now. Car companies need to pursue different directions for varying reasons and also to keep their bottom line healthy. If they stay the same, trust me, people would be accusing them of being lazy and complacent.

lol... it's like complainers will always complain.

good post

clar;946792 said:
Purists never really like the direction of just about anything. The funny thing is that today's so called "purists", aren't even that pure in the eyes of purists of generations ago. I keep hearing about diluting this and diluting that. Like Life in general, it's probably not abt right or wrong, but to do with Haves and Have-Nots. The manufacturer with the established brand or lineage would seek to capitalize on it while those without, would lan lan stay put. Did i hear somebody say Porsche not diluting their brand image? Porsche used to make only impractical sports cars. To survive, they started making cheaper Boxster and followed by Cayenne and Panamera and made them all look like frogs. That's not diluting the 911 brand image? The only car company that keeps things exclusive are among the Dodo and T-Rex now. Car companies need to pursue different directions for varying reasons and also to keep their bottom line healthy. If they stay the same, trust me, people would be accusing them of being lazy and complacent.

lol... it's like complainers will always complain.

good post

clar;946792 said:

Wait for A45 AMG
better design and goodies...

yep..cheap road tax..

Dear all, newbie here. Am looking at 135i. Was wondering why the current M135i is using the 8 speed auto and not the DCT. Besides the gearbox difference, is the engine the same?

Thanks.

newkid_;949173 said:
Dear all, newbie here. Am looking at 135i. Was wondering why the current M135i is using the 8 speed auto and not the DCT. Besides the gearbox difference, is the engine the same?

Thanks.
It is a diluted ///M. That's why no DCT :)

I see, thanks for the uber fast response. I also noted that the engine power and torque is higher in the M135i compared to the earlier model. Is it just the tuning that makes the difference or are there changes to the engine and turbo?

newkid_;949180 said:
I see, thanks for the uber fast response. I also noted that the engine power and torque is higher in the M135i compared to the earlier model. Is it just the tuning that makes the difference or are there changes to the engine and turbo?
In essence, this car is NOT a ///M. ///M car is nvr about high powerful the engine is. It is all about the ability to drive it confidently.

newkid_;949180 said:
... M135i compared to the earlier model.

Which earlier model, the vanilla 135?

I think the earlier model I was referring to is the coupe version with the DCT, I hope I am correct.

I am not particular about the M badge. Just wondering between the M135 and 135i, which offers a better spec.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlifeinteriors
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back