///m 135

Re: ///m 135

Mockngbrd;927725 said:
Wonder y still no coupe version yet ....

Will there ever be such a model? Maybe they don't want to affect sales of the M coupe.

T6;927721 said:
Have you test driven it Clar? I prefer the looks of the previous one series. Anyway, it is not worthy of replacing your M3 lah. As a third car maybe, but not a replacement car. Two frozen Ms in the garage looks better.

I was told by a fren in MA that he was gonna invite me to the M drive, but no sound no picture. The event came and gone, so no chance to test drive. Agree with u on the looks part. Those head lights are pretty offending and spoils the look of the new car. My wife had a 130i 5 door and it drove really well. It had an electric steering and compared to my 135i then, it was sharper and more responsive, but less feel-some. It was really nimble though, so i can imagine this new one would be significantly more so due to its superior power/torque to weight ratio. It's certainly a good candidate as a 3rd car. It's just that the new M3 is coming out soon...

T6;927727 said:
Will there ever be such a model? Maybe they don't want to affect sales of the M coupe.

Yes, i think i read it somewhere at Bimmerpost or something.

Mockngbrd;927725 said:
Wonder y still no coupe version yet ....
I read 2 months ago in an American car/magazine site (not a bmw community forums), that USA will only get e coupe version of the M135.

clar;927730 said:
I was told by a fren in MA that he was gonna invite me to the M drive, but no sound no picture. The event came and gone, so no chance to test drive. Agree with u on the looks part. Those head lights are pretty offending and spoils the look of the new car. My wife had a 130i 5 door and it drove really well. It had an electric steering and compared to my 135i then, it was sharper and more responsive, but less feel-some. It was really nimble though, so i can imagine this new one would be significantly more so due to its superior power/torque to weight ratio. It's certainly a good candidate as a 3rd car. It's just that the new M3 is coming out soon...

All the more coz new M3 coming you should hang on yo current one and replace it with the new one only after you hv seen and test driven it. There is no guarantee the next one wets you more than the incumbent.

clar;927732 said:
Yes, i think i read it somewhere at Bimmerpost or something.

Wow if that is coming, then worth a wait if just want a 3-door. But in the notchback version, if it does not look aggressive like the 1M, then no big deal. The current M135 appeals to me coz it comes in 5 doors. Will be a very good zippy daily.

clar;927682 said:
Dude, u keep saying M must be this and that. I agree, but M performance cars aren't M, so those things u said don't really apply.

Not exactly following your train of thought. If M performance cars aren't M, why do they deserve the M badge? I'm trying not to sound contradictory!

DrK;927743 said:
Not exactly following your train of thought. If M performance cars aren't M, why do they deserve the M badge? I'm trying not to sound contradictory!

They are known as M Performance or MPA for short. In Audi world, no one confuses a S from a RS too. But aiya at end of day just a badge. If good and price right then we will buy. If we don't like it, then we pass.

It is like when Porsche made the Cayenne. People criticized the existence of a Porsche SUV. But it turned out to be a money spinner for Porsche.

DrK;927743 said:
Lets differentiate them accordingly as BMW has kind of already done so, where both the M Cars and MPA has the ///M Badge.

M Cars = ///M or ///M1 or ///M3 or ///M5 or ///M6 or X5///M or X6///M or Z4///M or etc
M Performance Car = MPA (M Performance Automobile) = ///M50D X6 or ///M50D X5 or ///M135i or etc
Anyhow M car = BMW Cars with M-sports packages regardless of number of parts that is M-sported.

Ultimately the definition separating the 2 distinct Ms i.e. M-Cars and MPA is as follows;
QUOTE/UNQUOTE = The BMW M Performance Automobiles represent a new category of vehicle from BMW M GmbH. Based on current BMW models, they have been selectively refined in terms of technology and design using the expertise focused at BMW M. They therefore offer greater agility, precision and emotion in BMW M style.

:wavey:

Last edited by a moderator:

In other words or simply put, M Performance cars are for those who like the M style power (hp/torque) and styling (bodykit+accessories) but does not favor the harsher ride (track-ready M suspension, LSD, stiffness). Which I think is a good compromise for daily drive and a weekend trackie.

I think its a great thing and a better reason for BMW to push the full-fledged M cars to even more hardcore tuning than current since there's a M Performance division to address to non-hardcore-racer looking for a sportier ride kind of audience base.

I tried the M135 at the M power experience too and was most impressed. The handling was superb. Power was ok, not like the scary crazy M5 but most adequate.

Last edited by a moderator:

sandman369;927832 said:
Cloth seats more grip u know

Alcantara mah. I will put on those batman performance seats haha.

clar;927730 said:

Thot of trading in my 130i (urs previously) for this. Very tempting indeed, considering i prob b driving only on weekends as Mrs drives it on workdays. Like the fact that 5drs comes in handy when u need to fetch pax. Increased rear seat legroom over Exx models a great welcome. Did not test drive but adjusted driver seat to my setting & immed jump back to verify rear legroom. Thumbs up!

Not the hardcore trackie type so an MPA type will suffice for me. Alcan fabric not in favour w wifey but small matter la. Saw the 3dr AW in coral red leather @ MA thou not my liking. Would opt for the full alcan works: flat bottom steering and interior trims bits looks good fr the net. Front does look funny still but better w the "M-sport makeup" anyways i m not gonna stare @ it all day. Perhaps of concern is the smallish 52L tank needing frequent topups. Not been getting >400-420 clicks b/4 !fuel! Liteup on the 130. The M135 should not fare any better as its got a ~55hp bump but a more efficient 8 speeder + start/stop tech helping.

egg2;927860 said:
Thot of trading in my 130i (urs previously) for this. Very tempting indeed, considering i prob b driving only on weekends as Mrs drives it on workdays. Like the fact that 5drs comes in handy when u need to fetch pax. Increased rear seat legroom over Exx models a great welcome. Did not test drive but adjusted driver seat to my setting & immed jump back to verify rear legroom. Thumbs up!

Not the hardcore trackie type so an MPA type will suffice for me. Alcan fabric not in favour w wifey but small matter la. Saw the 3dr AW in coral red leather @ MA thou not my liking. Would opt for the full alcan works: flat bottom steering and interior trims bits looks good fr the net. Front does look funny still but better w the "M-sport makeup" anyways i m not gonna stare @ it all day. Perhaps of concern is the smallish 52L tank needing frequent topups. Not been getting >400-420 clicks b/4 !fuel! Liteup on the 130. The M135 should not fare any better as its got a ~55hp bump but a more efficient 8 speeder + start/stop tech helping.

Good to know that the faithful 130i is still serving your family well :) My wife misses that car. She hates driving the M3 cos the damn car doesn't move when u take your foot off the brake pedal unlike traditional automatics. The M135 sure sounds like a good option for your family. Agree with u on the smallish fuel tank. Depending on your driving style, it could get a lot worse with the M135. However, if your wife drives it gingerly during the weekdays, it could actually be more frugal.

clar;927921 said:
Good to know that the faithful 130i is still serving your family well :) My wife misses that car. She hates driving the M3 cos the damn car doesn't move when u take your foot off the brake pedal unlike traditional automatics. The M135 sure sounds like a good option for your family. Agree with u on the smallish fuel tank. Depending on your driving style, it could get a lot worse with the M135. However, if your wife drives it gingerly during the weekdays, it could actually be more frugal.

Whitey as my wifey calls the 130i puts a smile everytime i m behind the wheel. Heck if $$$ no object @ all i would keep the 130i + get the m135!!! :)
me seated in whitey feels a little small. Seat adj to lowest i still feel like the roof's a little near.

egg2;928173 said:
Whitey as my wifey calls the 130i puts a smile everytime i m behind the wheel. Heck if $$$ no object @ all i would keep the 130i + get the m135!!! :)
me seated in whitey feels a little small. Seat adj to lowest i still feel like the roof's a little near.

My wife names her cars too and called the 130i Xiao Bai :thumbsup:

Matching the M3 around the Ring. No shit!!!

[video=youtube;mfbvmahnIS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfbvmahnIS8[/video]

The next M3/M4 better be at least 20 secs faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexjamesalex21
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back