it's all about milking the owner

135i base model
135i m sport package
135i performance package
M135i
1M

lolz ... sibei luan

Ahbengdriver;925302 said:
I still dont understand and wonder why a line of M-performance non-M cars are made. So what do I get if I buy an M135i ( and the name is so freaky confusing and long)? Engine tune for higher power, better brakes and better suspension?

Re: ///m 135

wt_know;925304 said:
it's all about milking the owner

135i base model
135i m sport package
135i performance package
M135i
1M

lolz ... sibei luan

133i??? detuned 135i?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I still dont understand and wonder why a line of M-performance non-M cars are made. So what do I get if I buy an M135i ( and the name is so freaky confusing and long)? Engine tune for higher power, better brakes and better suspension?

This is what you'll get from M135i which you don't get from 135i... This is what I'm told only so don't flame me...

AGILITY
POWER
EMOTION

And I do agree you get all of the above with the M135i...

You also get a car that looks a VW golf .....

frankcos;926648 said:
This is what you'll get from M135i which you don't get from 135i... This is what I'm told only so don't flame me...

AGILITY
POWER
EMOTION

And I do agree you get all of the above with the M135i...

This is called bastardization of the M brand. Think Audi.

Currently don hav non M 135 for new 1 series I think

The latest of Evo magazine ranked the new 135m// very highly. In fact it was short-listed for the Evo car of the year alongside the 12C and Huarya. There is something about the drive and value of this 135m// which is worth considering.

Having said that, I'm dead against the bastardisation of //M. This racing division seems to have lost its vision amid the quest to boost PnL. Forget about all the 1Ms, X5M, X6M etc which in my opinion aren't purely derived but rojak. For me the pinnacle of //M came with the rare edition of M3 CSL.

DrK;927644 said:
Forget about all the 1Ms, X5M, X6M etc which in my opinion aren't purely derived but rojak.

Yeah Clarkson also said the 1M is like a turkey curry on Boxing Day... made from leftovers :errr: But to me it follows closely what ///M is all about - not the engine (even if it's a mighty V8 ), not how quickly it goes, but fantastic handling.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-m-owners/57129-best-1m.html

DrK;927644 said:
The latest of Evo magazine ranked the new 135m// very highly. In fact it was short-listed for the Evo car of the year alongside the 12C and Huarya. There is something about the drive and value of this 135m// which is worth considering.

Having said that, I'm dead against the bastardisation of //M. This racing division seems to have lost its vision amid the quest to boost PnL. Forget about all the 1Ms, X5M, X6M etc which in my opinion aren't purely derived but rojak. For me the pinnacle of //M came with the rare edition of M3 CSL.

It is not bastardisation if you equate it to the S series in the Audi range. It is good for those who do not have budget for M or no wish to plough money down on a M car. It is currently priced slightly higher than a Golf R and way lower than a RS3. So it is quite attractively priced. Just not good looking which turns away many.

T6;927651 said:
It is not bastardisation if you equate it to the S series in the Audi range. It is good for those who do not have budget for M or no wish to plough money down on a M car. It is currently priced slightly higher than a Golf R and way lower than a RS3. So it is quite attractively priced. Just not good looking which turns away many.

Totally agree with u, Andy! If BMW had simply given it some go-faster body kit/bumper, and some lame ass decals and call it M135i, i would certainly call it bastardisation. In this particular case, they seemed to have given it enough to elevate it from the normal series cars and slot it right in the middle below M cars. I really don't see anything wrong with that. I am perfectly happy if BMW makes tons of $. I will always judge them based on what they churn out in the M range. The next M3 is the acid test. If they don't deliver, i will simply vote with my feet.

T6;927651 said:

Hmmm I'm not sure. Pricing aside, ///M brand should reflect purity and excellence in drivability as well as sheer pleasure. Not always a pure racing pedigree but has the elements to jump on both sides of track and road with versatility. It should be a brand which spells exclusivity and innovation. In the past, ///M was lauded for its great engines, then the amazing chassis and handling, then come the MDCT and more recently a proven forced induction engine again in the new M5. The real ///M route should be about all these exciting ideas.. not squeezing in half-baked or borrowed concepts from existing models, slap it with a ///M badge and call it XXX///M. Where is the originality? Where is the passion? Where is the exclusivity?

Unfortunately to bridge gaps in sales among rivals like Audi and Merc, BMW jumped into this bandwagon of diluting ///M brand.

DrK;927661 said:
Hmmm I'm not sure. Pricing aside, ///M brand should reflect purity and excellence in drivability as well as sheer pleasure. Not always a pure racing pedigree but has the elements to jump on both sides of track and road with versatility. It should be a brand which spells exclusivity and innovation. In the past, ///M was lauded for its great engines, then the amazing chassis and handling, then come the MDCT and more recently a proven forced induction engine again in the new M5. The real ///M route should be about all these exciting ideas.. not squeezing in half-baked or borrowed concepts from existing models, slap it with a ///M badge and call it XXX///M. Where is the originality? Where is the passion? Where is the exclusivity?

Unfortunately to bridge gaps in sales among rivals like Audi and Merc, BMW jumped into this bandwagon of diluting ///M brand.

Dude, u keep saying M must be this and that. I agree, but M performance cars aren't M, so those things u said don't really apply.

DrK;927661 said:

Dude, u keep saying M must be this and that. I agree, but M performance cars aren't M, so those things u said don't really apply.

clar;927682 said:

///M not impressed with the cloth seats.....

I went to the M Power Drive Experience last weekend and drove both the M3 and M135i on a sort of auto-test circuit. The M135i feels quicker, more agile and a lot more fun than the M3. If you see beyond the badge moniker its really boils down to the drive. Go for a test drive, you'll have a clear impression than on paper. Considering the specs, 320hp and 450Nm on a 1.4ton hatch is not push over even its non ///M

Last I heard, the demo M135i were all sold. You'll see them on the road pretty soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have to say, i like the M135 a lot. It's just that i can't bear to part with my M3. I am not concerned with where it sits in the product range. I agree, we really should give it a lot more credit.

clar;927714 said:
I have to say, i like the M135 a lot. It's just that i can't bear to part with my M3. I am not concerned with where it sits in the product range. I agree, we really should give it a lot more credit.

Have you test driven it Clar? I prefer the looks of the previous one series. Anyway, it is not worthy of replacing your M3 lah. As a third car maybe, but not a replacement car. Two frozen Ms in the garage looks better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexjamesalex21
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back