M5 vs CLS 55 AMG Black

Re: M5 vs CLS 55 AMG Black

Harry1;198925 said:
Thanks very much for the recommendations. I will definetly change the exhausts / headers first. BTW do you mind sharing what the 3.91 differential does to the car? Sorry am not too familiar here with this mod. Is there a workshop here you can recommend that can bring in the parts and install ? Perhaps you could pm me? Thanks very much again

The Final Drive ratio of 3.91 will make your car accelerate faster but it will limit your topspeed and u will be required to change gears alot more often. Fuel Consumption is likely to be higher too..Basically what it means is that the drive pinion must rotate 3.91 times to make the ring gear rotate one time. The higher number means more rotation on the pinion.

I believe the stock M5 has FD ratio of 3.62 which is the same as the E46M3.
3.91 diff is quite popular amongst M3 guys in the US, some even went for 4.1!
This set up is more suitable for track use.

Check this link from TMS :
Turner Motorsport: Product 33127768525

What u need to do is to lighten your ride a bit first and seems to me that the exhaust has to go first. Then you change to lightweight forged rims :)

and yes,
M5 has been paired with some supercars and can beat some of them but not exactly in a sprint..more of a longer stretch.

Have you seen the Kellener tuned M5 ( that adds about 30bhp) equals stock 997 Turbo? Check out the M5Board.com

Harry1;198895 said:
Wah pak, just saw this... tell you what how abt we plan for this weekend?

Shaaz - Boleh this weekend sounds good. Just pm me. Are we on for this Saturday breakfast then? Who else is joining and where shall we meet?

Harry1;198897 said:
Pak - Boleh this Saturday breakfast ?

Bisa pak, i'll PM u my number. We'll organize from there.

Harry1;198901 said:
Hi ArSe77aL,

Welcome to the forum. Immediately after I got home after our friendly drive, I was so awed by your piece of art that I had to post this as a topic to find out if anyone knew more about your car and what mods you had done. It was really gracious of you after totally obliterating me that you gave a smile and a thumbs up! I was so devastated that as TheNew7 said, I am thinking of selling the car and getting a GT3 hahaha!

I am very suprised that you say the M5 is as fast as a 05 Gallardo - based on paper specs the Gallardo hits 60mph in 4.3secs and the M5 in 4.8secs.

Do you mind sharing where you got the ECU and other upgrades done. I do think that a free flowing exhaust would really help with the power uplift. Just that I am not sure which workshop would be the best to mod my M5.

Thanks again and hope to catch up with you sometime soon.

Harry1

ECU - i would say we try DMS for the time being.

Exhaust- Contact Barry pak, he'll get you the exhaust, headers etc... few more things we can get too.

ArSe77aL;198917 said:
Yes, I would definitely put my money on an M5 against a 05 Gallardo. On paper they are 4.3 sec (due also to AWD) but in reality u hardly ever race from 0-100kmh. From any other speeds the M5 is the same or faster.

As for tuning the guys I use from Eurohaus don't come down very oftern so I'm not sure if it can be done. I have used DMS before but problem with them is that they only have 1 program for each car. I like a tuner to be able to customise a map for your car based on your mods and DMS don,t seem to have that capability.

Try getting a set of exhaust/headers and a 3.91 differential first. It should make a huge difference without needing an ECU. remap. U can check out Evosport, Eisenmann and Dinan websites for these parts.

Dude, i thought DMS could give u a custom tuning, share abit more with me man.. im about to take the plunge soon.. hur hur...

Harry1;198497 said:
Then who does this guy use ?? BTW is the CLS his only ride. Am sure that he has many other exotic rides?
Yup,
Jag XJR , Golf GTI , T T .

Harry1;198497 said:
Then who does this guy use ?? BTW is the CLS his only ride. Am sure that he has many other exotic rides?
Yup,
Jag XJR , Golf GTI , T T . CLS .

Harry1;198497 said:
Yup,
Jag XJR , Golf GTI , T T . CLS AMG .

shaaz;199014 said:

PAK THANKS ALOT - SORRY WILL NEED TO RESCHEDULE PLS SEE MY PM.

ECU - i would say we try DMS for the time being.LETS TRY THIS FOR STARTERS

Exhaust- Contact Barry pak, he'll get you the exhaust, headers etc... few more things we can get too.

GOOD LETS GO WITH BULK PURCHASE THEN. WHICH TUNING HOUSE IS BARRY FROM?

Harry1;199214 said:
shaaz;199014 said:

PAK THANKS ALOT - SORRY WILL NEED TO RESCHEDULE PLS SEE MY PM.

ECU - i would say we try DMS for the time being.LETS TRY THIS FOR STARTERS

GOOD LETS GO WITH BULK PURCHASE THEN. WHICH TUNING HOUSE IS BARRY FROM?

What Barry does is imports them, so depending what he has to offfer and what you're interested in. SMS me, i pass you his contact, then you guys can go shopping.. ahaha.

Harry1;199214 said:
WHICH TUNING HOUSE IS BARRY FROM?

Nipples Motorverken.

TripleM;198973 said:
The Final Drive ratio of 3.91 will make your car accelerate faster but it will limit your topspeed and u will be required to change gears alot more often. Fuel Consumption is likely to be higher too..Basically what it means is that the drive pinion must rotate 3.91 times to make the ring gear rotate one time. The higher number means more rotation on the pinion.

What u need to do is to lighten your ride a bit first and seems to me that the exhaust has to go first. Then you change to lightweight forged rims :)

True, but in Singapore reducing your top speed from 300+kmh to 280+kmh is not really gonna affect you in anyway (I could be wrong though!). And what I like about this mod is that it gives you the best bang for your buck without having to worry about voiding your warranty with the dealer.

Shaaz and Harry, I'll send you guys a PM about DMS when I have time. Also, just found out that there's someone else in Singapore who has done a really good job tuning an M5.

ArSe77aL;199430 said:
Also, just found out that there's someone else in Singapore who has done a really good job tuning an M5.
if the m5 job was done about 2 weeks ago, i know whom you are talking about - he had some help

ArSe77aL;199430 said:
True, but in Singapore reducing your top speed from 300+kmh to 280+kmh is not really gonna affect you in anyway (I could be wrong though!). And what I like about this mod is that it gives you the best bang for your buck without having to worry about voiding your warranty with the dealer.

yeah agreed, completely.

We hv met before at one of the vag meet ups. I was the person u asked me about the Volk Prog ME rims.

TripleM;198973 said:

Thanks dude - yes I agree that the first thing I will need to change is the exhaust. Dont think that I'll change the rims la.

I think in terms of mods, I'll do the following:
1. Exhausts - Am thinking between Eisenmann, Dinan or Hamann
2. Header - Evosport
3. Differential - 3.9.1 Rear Dinan (some guys on the m5 board seems to have a real "whining" problem). This mod may be on my last to do list.
4. ECU - DMS or ??

My biggest concern in undertaking these mods is that there is no support here in Singapore if anything happens (touch wood)!!!

Dude - If I dont sell my car and you manage to get a M5 in the very near future, we do the mods together la :)

shaaz;199240 said:
Harry1;199214 said:
What Barry does is imports them, so depending what he has to offfer and what you're interested in. SMS me, i pass you his contact, then you guys can go shopping.. ahaha.

OK thanks pak. Does he also install them (and offer warranty)? :) U shopping for your car as well then?

ArSe77aL;199430 said:

Shaaz and Harry, I'll send you guys a PM about DMS when I have time. Also, just found out that there's someone else in Singapore who has done a really good job tuning an M5.

ArSe77al - Thanks alot dude. Would really appreciate if you could share who has done a very good job in tuning an M5 in Singapore. Thanks again. :)

u guys have wicked cars ... gosh the description alone rocks! :) hope to be able to see you all on the road one day.. have seen a couple of M5s, but no CLS AMG yet.. maybe I need to drive more! haha

Harry1;199456 said:
Thanks dude - yes I agree that the first thing I will need to change is the exhaust. Dont think that I'll change the rims la.

I think in terms of mods, I'll do the following:
1. Exhausts - Am thinking between Eisenmann, Dinan or Hamann
2. Header - Evosport
3. Differential - 3.9.1 Rear Dinan (some guys on the m5 board seems to have a real "whining" problem). This mod may be on my last to do list.
4. ECU - DMS or ??

My biggest concern in undertaking these mods is that there is no support here in Singapore if anything happens (touch wood)!!!

Dude - If I dont sell my car and you manage to get a M5 in the very near future, we do the mods together la :)

The only support u really need is really the ECU tuning..
The rests are just mechanical hardwares so if they damaged then u just hv to replace them like wear and tear items.

I am still not a believer in engine tuning for BMW. Prefer to keep the ECU stock.

rodneys tongue has a 4.91 differntial...very fast. nic say one.

xkrim3;199439 said:
if the m5 job was done about 2 weeks ago, i know whom you are talking about - he had some help

Yes, I think its the same one. My friend told me he got this top Italian tuner in to help him tune the car and that the car is very fast. Any comments from the owner?

TripleM;199444 said:
yeah agreed, completely.

We hv met before at one of the vag meet ups. I was the person u asked me about the Volk Prog ME rims.

Hey bro, I remember you and your awesome M3. Perfect wheels and overall look to you car, very tastefully done. I remember you telling me about the Ground Control suspension too, your car must be a monster on the track! Hopefully I can catch your car in action someday

ArSe77aL;200458 said:
Yes, I think its the same one. My friend told me he got this top Italian tuner in to help him tune the car and that the car is very fast. Any comments from the owner?
i couldn`t get my car tuned by him `cos there were a few mechanical issues to sort out then. pity. his trip here was a one-off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hgo909com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back