MB Kompressor versus BMW straight 6

SMYUEN said:
jaskin said:
SM... Our 325 cars not very fast lah. although they are lot faster than most cars on the road ;)

Haha. that I realise. Want speed = EVO EVO EVO!!
But I also realised there are lots of innocent looking corollas ad mazdas that fly.. Scratching my head to decide the best way to make mine do the same.. heeheeehee

:)

Dude, remember in our PM? Hehehe can't beat them on the straight? Just kill'em in the corners and late brakings :thumbsup:

rex7_vtec said:
SMYUEN said:
jaskin said:
SM... Our 325 cars not very fast lah. although they are lot faster than most cars on the road ;)

Haha. that I realise. Want speed = EVO EVO EVO!!
But I also realised there are lots of innocent looking corollas ad mazdas that fly.. Scratching my head to decide the best way to make mine do the same.. heeheeehee

:)

Dude, remember in our PM? Hehehe can't beat them on the straight? Just kill'em in the corners and late brakings :thumbsup:

yo bro!

Yeah man.. I remember!! Didnt have a chance to do much lah. Firstly got passenger in my car, then traffic quite heavy, and got stupid comfort taxi in the way..hahaha. Was reminded by my passenger to be "guai guai". Caught up in the end when traffic cleared. She suddenly decided to stop 2F2F, so thats it loh! Wah.. you have seen her freaking pick-up. I was catching up behind her at a traffic light and I had momentum somemore, but she was starting off the block. Even then she just phewwwww...

:laughlik:

Arsony said:
SMYUEN,

Seriously doc, what you tokking about silent pullers??? I kinda expect most mercs to be able to perform on the straight run whatever their badges say.
I mean if you put in a supercharged high displacement engine in any car, of course it pulls lah!!! Try taking it on the turns... then the excitement starts!!!

Was having a bit of fun with this CLK 230 Kompressor , fully Carlsson kitted with equally hiong driver just the other night (before that stoopid blue evo driver got arrested for trying to be funny after hitting a TP!!! Anyone got that story? Happened on Nat Day eve.)

The MB came into PIE directly on my left and started blowing exhaust and soon it was on baby!!! Honestly, it was freakin' fast and I had trouble keeping up. But after we both exited Eng Neo, I left him way behind...

I think it's not fair to judge a car's performance based on just one situation alone... honestly different cars are made to perform in different environment and I think you just wandered into HIS playground. I mean, imagine him going against a cooper S at 99 turn. You think he'll drive the same??? Dont think so....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT freaikin fast

Hey senior doc,

Long time no see. Didnt know Kompressors are so ferocious on the straight. But you are right - such things are situational. You had trouble with a CLK 230 Kompressor? Hmm... bet you makaned him at eng neo! Hahaha.

These kompressors are something huh!

Why bother to get 2nd hand details from forum when u can have the 1st hand one from our friend here, especially so when the incident only happen outside his office hahahaha !!!!!

And Doc Yuen,

Have u ever occured to you that it might not be the Merc that is fast ??

Even a 320i overtook you wor hahahahahaha !!!!!!! Ur revv at 5k how to keep up wor... J/K ah :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

piggyboyz said:
And Doc Yuen,

Have u ever occured to you that it might not be the Merc that is fast ??

Even a 320i overtook you wor hahahahahaha !!!!!!! Ur revv at 5k how to keep up wor... J/K ah :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wah buay tahan liao.. even own bro also suan me. Life is meaningless. :verysad: :verysad:

It actually did strike me maybe i was slow. or maybe i just dont know how to get the right gear to stick in. Sigh.. 5K not enuf uh? must red line?

That 320i driven by mad driver mah. so different. Also he fully modded - got more goodies then mine. And his is sedan so lighter. And he got 1 less passenger. And he go sepang before. I will go learn the puglistic secret then when we go cameroon ...heh heh heh..

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Doc,

U got switch to "sports" mode or engage steptronic boh?

MRacer77 said:
Ryan, what story about EVO buang TP??
Hmm,

Some incident involving a evo speeding on orchard, being caught by police and being roughed up. Some people not happy etc.

I don't know the exact details, but it's all in the Evo SG forum @ Delphiforums.com

MRacer77 said:
Cannot seem to find it anymore leh.. but aiyah... nevermind... Thanks.

Think its been deleted and probably for good measure too. Lots of flame going on in there. Basically conflicting reports - some "eyewitnesses" said the chap was beaten up by TP till he puked. Differing opinion over street racing and what have you.. Not a very pleasant read anyway... lots of flowery language and fiery posts..kekeke

in essence, some EVO driver decided to race down mandarin hotel driveway, got stopped by TP, in the process banging down a TP bike, tried to run away, got hauled out by TP, beaten up, handcuffed and arrested, in full view of many people, some who took shots on their mobile phone camera. All the ingredients for a hot debate.

T6 said:
Doc,

U got switch to "sports" mode or engage steptronic boh?

Kick down.. but forgot to change mode. haha

Racebred said:
so long as kickdown button is pressed, sport mode or normal mode makes no diff leh

Yah loh.. but your few enlightening tips which you told me not too long ago, I have put into practice. Hmm.. quite good. Must teach me some more tricks huh.. I find it odd, at certain rev range when i floor the pedal, my car really flies. Sometimes, it like tak boleh jalan. ??? :screwedu: :screwedu:

SMYUEN said:
Racebred said:
so long as kickdown button is pressed, sport mode or normal mode makes no diff leh

Yah loh.. but your few enlightening tips which you told me not too long ago, I have put into practice. Hmm.. quite good. Must teach me some more tricks huh.. I find it odd, at certain rev range when i floor the pedal, my car really flies. Sometimes, it like tak boleh jalan. ??? :screwedu: :screwedu:
If in doubt, and you want to get the best maximum torque at any current speed. Just keep clicking down (-) and hold your gear and floor the pedal to the metal. hahahahaha

SMYUEN said:
With the manual (tiptronic/steptronic) settings, it's fairly safe as it doesn't allow you to shift to a lower gear if you're travelling at a higher speed than the gear allows.

E.g. if you're at 150km/h (e.g. 5th gear) and you try dropping to 3rd, it'll upshift back to 4th for you, bypassing the 3rd. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back