MB Kompressor versus BMW straight 6

Sport mode n normal Drive mode got different mah? where got the same? Sport mode RPM needle moves faster n can drag to abt 6750rpm whereby Drive mode needle is more like crawling to higher Rev n gear changes at abt 5000rpm. Isnt it? :thinking:
Hey got some 'enlightening tips' share wif us leh(so i can go revenge on tat champane gold c200 kompressor again) :)

nope, absolutely no diff to ignition timing, fuelling trims, any other power differences. What it does is to ONLY hold your gear longer, and sometimes allow you to rev higher.

The trick with driving a auto is adaptation...

Drive it in the same manner consistantly and the car will pick up the style of driving.

When I was still driving the auto, when i full throttle, the car will definitly downshift one gear and when i do a kick down, the car will downshift to the lowest possible gear....

The diff with Sport mode or not is that when kick down button depressed, the car goes to lowest possible gear, revv to redline then change gear, but only when the button is keep on depreseed, which i think a lot of ppl dare not do... The moment u let go of the button, the car will go back to cruise and upshift when it think deems fit usless u have been driving aggresively for the last couple of day...

As for Sports mode, the car will upshift at redline when it realised that the pedal travel is brisk and as long as the pedal is depress considerably, the car will only change gear when redline

Although in the last tech talk, the german confimrs that S mode is nothing but to pull the car to redline, stretching the gear change point, we have confirm over many occasion that in a GTEC run, the car pulls a 0.1 to 0.2 sec faster than compared to D mode....

Lastly, for those not so aggresive driver who don normally redline their car, u will realised that even when ur car is in S mode, the car might not even redline and gear is changed as u r prob in the super economy mode of the adaptation value....

From my understanding, the car has got 6 adaptation mode for driving style. Think of it from 1 - 7 with 3 being neutral and 1 being super ku niang and 7 being hiong...

When u clear your adaptation, the car goes back to normal (3) and if u continuously drive in very lightly, the car will go into the economy mode (1) and move off the car from 2nd gear... The new 745 moves off in 3rd gear in this mode :)

For ppl who drive their car more aggresively, seeing the redline every one hour, the car will pick up the behavior and move to the more aggresive mode (7), changing gear more readily, allow the car to pull to redline before gear change without even going into the Sport mode...

On the later cars, where electronic throttle is used, the car will also pick up the pedal travel time and u will see that if u put ur foot briskly down, the car will take it that u r doing a overtaking manouver and drop to lowest gear even without having to pedal to metal. The advantage of this is response time but at the same time, there have been complains that the car changes gear erractically when driven by some lady who happens to be just stretching their legs hahahah !!!

:thumbsup:

piggyboyz said:
On the later cars, where electronic throttle is used, the car will also pick up the pedal travel time and u will see that if u put ur foot briskly down, the car will take it that u r doing a overtaking manouver and drop to lowest gear even without having to pedal to metal. The advantage of this is response time but at the same time, there have been complains that the car changes gear erractically when driven by some lady who happens to be just stretching their legs hahahah !!!

Piggy, when u wrote "later cars" care to elaborate? Are u referring to the new 7 series and 5 series? Tx.

Alvin666 said:
Sport mode n normal Drive mode got different mah? where got the same? Sport mode RPM needle moves faster n can drag to abt 6750rpm whereby Drive mode needle is more like crawling to higher Rev n gear changes at abt 5000rpm. Isnt it? :thinking:
Hey got some 'enlightening tips' share wif us leh(so i can go revenge on tat champane gold c200 kompressor again) :)

Bro, you kenna kompressor also ah? what happened leh? hehehe

piggyboyz,

Hey bro,

Thanks for the informative post. i can testify that much of what you said holds true, especially the downshift part. But thing is, sometimes my car responds erratically. I have used brisk pedal work before and my car overtook like some turbo freak. I have also encountered instances when the brisk pedal movement doesnt work - I need to let go, and whack the throttle again before it shifts to the lowest possible gear. Sometimes, I can kick down and it goes only 1 gear down.

So my question is, how long does this adpation last? I recall when I came back after malacca, my car was super super responsive. Fantastic. Off the block, overtaking, pick-up - feel really fit. But now seems to have "normalised" a bit, even though my driving is still quite aggressive (although I dont redline always). And how long do you need to drive "redline-style" before it adapts again?

What are your thots?

hahaha the best is use 2 keys to start your car. Label 1 of them "sunday driver" when you cruise around. Label the other one "Track God" and use them according to mood. Then your adaptation wouldnt be mixed up.

The Mixmaster said:
SMYUEN said:
DJ, your car fully AMG-ed ?????? Supercharged?

*fainting spell....*

Doc

For the moment, I am keeping quiet about what is under my bonnet. Otherwise, I got no chance to "makan" Piggyboyz on the road. Let's just say that I think I got more horse power but Piggyboyz got more "balls" power. :(

Your rims are fugly...

The diff with Sport mode or not is that when kick down button depressed, the car goes to lowest possible gear, revv to redline then change gear, but only when the button is keep on depreseed, which i think a lot of ppl dare not do... The moment u let go of the button, the car will go back to cruise and upshift when it think deems fit usless u have been driving aggresively for the last couple of day...

Wah....Where to find the kick down button ah??? :whattheh: Looks like I have a lot more to learn about bimmers...

SMYUEN said:
i can testify that much of what you said holds true, especially the downshift part. But thing is, sometimes my car responds erratically. I have used brisk pedal work before and my car overtook like some turbo freak. I have also encountered instances when the brisk pedal movement doesnt work - I need to let go, and whack the throttle again before it shifts to the lowest possible gear. Sometimes, I can kick down and it goes only 1 gear down.

So my question is, how long does this adpation last? I recall when I came back after malacca, my car was super super responsive. Fantastic. Off the block, overtaking, pick-up - feel really fit. But now seems to have "normalised" a bit, even though my driving is still quite aggressive (although I dont redline always). And how long do you need to drive "redline-style" before it adapts again?

What are your thots?

First off, it's obviously true cos it's not make up by me one... It's part of the Simen MS43 software thingee...

And as for the NS trip, the car will usually feel quite perky for a couple of days since after the trip, u prob drive like a gu niang again hahahaha !!!!! But this is true cos the car no longer sense that u are doing WOT all the time, and plus that over time, the carbon will build up again and the car will be more larthargic again unless u do short blast of WOT once in a while...

SMYUEN said:
jaskin said:
SM... Our 325 cars not very fast lah. although they are lot faster than most cars on the road ;)

Haha. that I realise. Want speed = EVO EVO EVO!!
But I also realised there are lots of innocent looking corollas ad mazdas that fly.. Scratching my head to decide the best way to make mine do the same.. heeheeehee

:)

Dun discounts garden varity of the Jap saloon...some are silent killers.

Have you seen AE86 Levin smoking 330ci before ?

Ghostrider said:
SMYUEN said:
jaskin said:
SM... Our 325 cars not very fast lah. although they are lot faster than most cars on the road ;)

But I also realised there are lots of innocent looking corollas ad mazdas that fly.. Scratching my head to decide the best way to make mine do the same.. heeheeehee

No, but i personally witness a black 1.6 lancer glxi makan a 330ci before! haahahhahahahahahahahahah

also got another normal lancer eating M3 also ahahahah

Bro, you kenna kompressor also ah? what happened leh? hehehe[/quote]

Was at lornie heading Hm, Then tis c200 crusing bside, slowly cuting to my lane(tink the driver too relax n nt concentrating) Then i sound my horn to alert him n i accelerate. Wow he ramed the pedal n chase up. And i tried to ramed my pedal also but too bad at tat time my obit is still under serious tunning. My car do nt behave like a 330 anymore, more like a 318! :( Since then i have been to fine tune n test run n etc wif bernard until recently everytin is superd liao. Did a 210 at LCK (cemetary there). Bernard said shld go malaysia to run as it able to hit 220-230!
So nw waiting to meet tat c200 again! :evil:

Bro,

330i can hit 250kph without sweat la..... My neighbour's 330i does that with his whole family on board when he heads back home...

piggyboyz said:
SMYUEN said:
i can testify that much of what you said holds true, especially the downshift part. But thing is, sometimes my car responds erratically. I have used brisk pedal work before and my car overtook like some turbo freak. I have also encountered instances when the brisk pedal movement doesnt work - I need to let go, and whack the throttle again before it shifts to the lowest possible gear. Sometimes, I can kick down and it goes only 1 gear down.

What are your thots?

First off, it's obviously true cos it's not make up by me one... It's part of the Simen MS43 software thingee...

And as for the NS trip, the car will usually feel quite perky for a couple of days since after the trip, u prob drive like a gu niang again hahahaha !!!!! But this is true cos the car no longer sense that u are doing WOT all the time, and plus that over time, the carbon will build up again and the car will be more larthargic again unless u do short blast of WOT once in a while...

whats WOT?
:screwedu:

ryan said:
Ghostrider said:
SMYUEN said:
jaskin said:

No, but i personally witness a black 1.6 lancer glxi makan a 330ci before! haahahhahahahahahahahahah

also got another normal lancer eating M3 also ahahahah

Are you guys serious? normal lancer can eat M3???? whats AE86 Levin ??
Then we might as well buy lancer...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back