Mercedes C-Class or BMW 3-Series?

Mercedes C-Class or BMW 3-Series?

• Mercedes Benz C-Class

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMW 3-Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Mercedes C-Class or BMW 3-Series?

i choose the merc becos the rims are so so so much better looking then the STOCK E90..and the bodykits of the merc is so nice..AMG type of car..i like..BUT! but..when it comes to handling,BMW comes to me..:D

The new C-Class is a key- model for Mercedes-Benz, as it makes a really important percentage of the total sales. It is not the technological showcase, S-Class is, but it is one of the vehicles to make the brand profitable. Apparently, for cost reduction purposes, it will share the same technical platform with the larger E-Class, but it will be tuned for a much more sharper driver response. Mercedes-Benz intends to make the new C-Class for the very first time a true sports saloon, and not a smaller answer to the E. This intention is justified by the major success recently seen by the sporty BMW 3-Series.
The official unveiling will be held at the Geneva 2007 Motor Show with sales starting shortly after. The station wagon is suppose to arrive six months later, in the fall of 2007. Sharing the same platform and design tendencies will be the new CLK coupe and cabriolet.
It’s a clear thing that the new Mercedes-Benz C-Class will directly target the BMW’s E90 3 Series. Like the rest of the medium luxury sedans, the C-Class was never able to match the BMW success. The previous generation brought the battle closer with new engines, sport suspensions and sporty styling revisions. All these changes have helped, but the C-Class was still no match for the 3 Series. It was good against the Audi A4 and Lexus IS, but not great.
Mercedes design sketch

The new C-Class is not expected to grow much in size and the styling will also not make a radical change. As seen on test prototypes the front lights seem to have a more square appearance in contrast with the curvaceous lines of the previous model.
The rear-end design is expected to feature elements from the latest S-Class, translated in a sportier general feel. As you can see from the renderings provided by our designers the car will have a more athletic and sturdy stance. All of these will e mixed with the current tendencies of maximizing interior room and comfort.
The sophisticated air suspension or the Active Body Control will not be offered due to cost reduction reasons. The expected power-units will be the basis direct injection 4-cylinder 1.8-litre with power ranging between 150 and 190 bhp. The 2.5- and 3.5-liter V6 will offer 210 and 270 bhp respectively. The top AMG 5.4-litre is expected to be updated in order to match the Audi RS4 and future BMW M3, and will offer about 400-410 bhp. Also available will be the 3.0-litre diesel and the new Command operating concept found in the new S-Class, but in a simplified version. 4MATIC AWD system is most likely to be available as well.
Prices are expected to increase slightly, but they will not make a big departure from the current models

*************E90 DOESNT COMES WITH QUAD PIPES :laughlik: **********************:woowooo:

but then again..am i posting the right model? lol..theres so many C Class..

hitmee;186102 said:
plus merc got no forum in sg. :)

Not true. Here is the link to the MercSg forum - SGMercedes - 2uned.com - but not quite as active as BMWSG.

The other day, someone from the BMWSG forum asked me about my Mercedes gang. Then, someone from the MercSG forum asked me about my BMWSG gang.

The Mixmaster;186164 said:
Not true. Here is the link to the MercSg forum - SGMercedes - 2uned.com - but not quite as active as BMWSG.

The other day, someone from the BMWSG forum asked me about my Mercedes gang. Then, someone from the MercSG forum asked me about my BMWSG gang.
haha yea..i was abt to post that forum too..that 1 not so much abt merc..but they created one themself..lol:lol2:

between the 2, although I think the bmw is uglier, it still drives better than the merc. so in the end, I gave my vote to the bmw.

it was sort of like choosing between an ugly with a really nice personality and character or a super model who is about as shallow as a puddle... seriously, think about it....

C-class gets my vote!

More aggro stock but for both cars, once u mod them with kits & rims, they would look hot!

Azrielsc;186171 said:
C-class gets my vote!

More aggro stock but for both cars, once u mod them with kits & rims, they would look hot!
agree..:yummie:

Bimmer for hubby/bf...C-Classe for the wifey/gf...not happy can 'swap partner'...car swinging...yea yea~

6971.jpg

Stil aint feelign it but i guess drive and quality has improved since. My dads e240 sux a55 big time. Clunky gearbox and cheap plastic. Hope this one at least does MB some justice.

I like the E90 handling... Definitely much better the the merc... However for the interior, the BMW sucks big time.... The merc is much much better....

As for service, I still think C&C is more professional.....

hot freakin' damn, Elmariachi. That' s the fiercest DTM racer I've seen! Reminds me of the 190E Evo DTM racers of old.

Merc is definitely back in form. !!!

Yeah, the E90 is a weak attempt to look non-Bangle. Kudos to Merc! I have read in mags that said the C Class is as good as the 3-er except that the 3-er drives a wee bit better. But if prestige is the name of the game, the Merc reigns, at least in its league..

Yeah, BMW lost its nerve when it came to the 3-series E90. They should have backed Bangle all the way. After all, he started the trend towards inorganic cars which LOOK like metal, not organic shapes.

1 vote for the new C :) BMW are good at handling and driving, like everyone said, it's driver's car. But Mer is passenger's car, mean...for "boss's car" keke...also, BMW interior for all models are somewhat lose to Mer's, look too simple and common. For E90, the front look is sexy, but the back look not really nice, somewhat like a Toyota Vios's back. Overall, i just wish i could own either one of them keke

Come on, if that thing had a X on the front instead of the star, you'd swear it was some new domestic-only Toyota. Bland isn't the word for it.

beemer any day pal ...

merc ... ??? the less said the better ......

Suipalucsea;186517 said:
Come on, if that thing had a X on the front instead of the star, you'd swear it was some new domestic-only Toyota. Bland isn't the word for it.
You actually meant you hated it because it looked like a Toyota + Lexus?:lol2:
Come on, look at the progressive design cues on the IS, GS and LS...or the Mark X you are hinting at :singsing: A lot of my friends say my E90 looks like a Toyota Vios or the very old Hyundai Accent from the back...Again, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you can be forgiven for being biased.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back