Mobil 1 Engine Oil: Best place to purchase?

Re: Mobil 1 Engine Oil: Best place to purchase?

motorknut;425928 said:
what davidtch said.
also, from what i've read, LL-04 only for use within EU. It's been said that it depends on the fuel quality in the country, dunno if anything bad will happen if used with singapore petrol. can try asking PML i guess.
Wif lower sulfacated ash, isn't is good for ur engine? I would like to try Castrol Edge Sports 0w-40.

wysiwyg;425946 said:
I wanted to go for a oil servicing after clocking 10k km.

Did some research.

Mobil 1 OW40 is sold at Esso for $115; That works out to 28.75 per liter.
This oil is made in Singapore, imported to HK and somehow landed back in Singapore.
???

I wonder what's the big difference as compared to the Mobil 1 0W40 sold by MX trading ,1 quart (946ml) for $13.50, other than the country that the oil was produced.
???

I decided to try one of the non pml workshop recommended in this forum.

The Mobil 1 service package for 6 cylinder engine cost $213.35 before GST.
This includes oil, oil flilter, OWS engine flush and engine protector.
I though it was a good deal.
For Mobil 1, i think d 1 sold @ MX Trading is d cheapest + it is LL-01 (who cares if u r not going to exceed 10k OCI). In addition, the extra oil is 0.5L rather than 1L.

spidey3;425539 said:
What's the diff btw BMW LL-01 and BMW LL-04? If the latter is the latest specs then does it mean we shld only get those with tat stamp?

Anyone has any feedback on Amsoil 0W30 and whether it's better than Mobil 1 0W40 for 320 4-potters? Heard it's pretty smooth...

I am using AMSOIL SS 0w-30 on my 335i now. Had it filled and went all the way to Cameron Highlands....Super.

Ok heres the catch. The engine sounds noisier now after just 2k km :laughlik: . NNB(part 5):lol2:

davidtch;426032 said:
Wif lower sulfacated ash, isn't is good for ur engine? I would like to try Castrol Edge Sports 0w-40.

low ash sounds good, but my concern is that all material i've found states the oil should not be used outside of EU. and some add that the fuel quality in some regions combined with LL-04 can cause problems? I don't really know why lah, but i also dunno how Asia fuel quality is. And if that's the risk, i'd rather stick to LL01 (which at least guarantees it's full synthetic)

Other thing i read was the TBN seems lower in LL04 oils. But i guess that comparison is only fair if we were comparing similar oil from same producer eg: Castrol 0W-40 EDGE LL01 versus their LL04 Edge (sport?) version.

wysiwyg;425946 said:
The Mobil 1 service package for 6 cylinder engine cost $213.35 before GST.
This includes oil, oil flilter, OWS engine flush and engine protector.
I though it was a good deal.

that sounds like a good deal, think i know where u went. Quite a big discount from their usual charge for engine oil. If the oil is Mobil1 0W-40 think it's a decent deal, but maybe not if it's the Mobil1 5W-50 stuff. Taht one is typically cheaper anyway.

motorknut;425928 said:
what davidtch said.
also, from what i've read, LL-04 only for use within EU. It's been said that it depends on the fuel quality in the country, dunno if anything bad will happen if used with singapore petrol. can try asking PML i guess.

Not sure but dun think e petrol origin shld matter. Anyway, I did ask PML. The reply is it DOESNT bother them whether ur oil is BMW LL stamped:uhhh: All they care abt is whether it's of the right viscosity ie 0W30 or 0W40...

For me, i'm sticking to those thats BMW-LL approved.

Ahbengdriver;426035 said:
I am using AMSOIL SS 0w-30 on my 335i now. Had it filled and went all the way to Cameron Highlands....Super.

Ok heres the catch. The engine sounds noisier now after just 2k km :laughlik: . NNB(part 5):lol2:

Oh. Bought 5W40 and after reading tat Amsoils lean a tad twds heavier side, was contemplating waiting for the 0W30s stock for replacement.. guess i shldnt?

I was told servicing cost about $200 for 10-12k. Does that already include the engine oil or need to pay additional for the engine oil?

Just got my ride back from PML yesterday. Feels good with Castrol 0W40 LL-04 oil bought from ES....

Hi,
Find this discussion interesting. Can someone advise the location or contact details of this MX Trading? Can't seem to find the info within this thread.

Cheers,

firedance;434823 said:
Hi,
Find this discussion interesting. Can someone advise the location or contact details of this MX Trading? Can't seem to find the info within this thread.

Cheers,

MX Trading tel: 63446330, they open after 6pm....

320i;426934 said:
Just got my ride back from PML yesterday. Feels good with Castrol 0W40 LL-04 oil bought from ES....

How muchie is that castrol?

motorknut;426249 said:
low ash sounds good, but my concern is that all material i've found states the oil should not be used outside of EU. and some add that the fuel quality in some regions combined with LL-04 can cause problems? I don't really know why lah, but i also dunno how Asia fuel quality is. And if that's the risk, i'd rather stick to LL01 (which at least guarantees it's full synthetic)

Other thing i read was the TBN seems lower in LL04 oils. But i guess that comparison is only fair if we were comparing similar oil from same producer eg: Castrol 0W-40 EDGE LL01 versus their LL04 Edge (sport?) version.
I don't think LL04 oil will cause any problem to our cars outside Europe. I have been using Amsoil 5W40 european formula thats LL04 certified for a long time. No problems with it. Engine runs great and clean.

hi everyone, newbie here. any feedback on torco sr5? price and performance wise? will be under pml warranty?

futron.sim;436269 said:
I don't think LL04 oil will cause any problem to our cars outside Europe. I have been using Amsoil 5W40 european formula thats LL04 certified for a long time. No problems with it. Engine runs great and clean.

thanks for the feedback, good hearing positive stuff on the LL04.

i m using BMW SAE 0w40 LL-04 from Eng Soon. Its 'Low Ash' version also.

So far not bad. Lot of ppl say 40wt oil is better for our hot climate esp. car stuck in jams all day... better protection...dunno how true.

Hi, newbie here,am driving a E92. Need to head for my 1st servicing very soon. Need advise.

Should I buy my Mobile 1 0W40 LL01 or LL01 oil? Where's the current offer now?
How many liters should I buy?
PML accept if we buy our own Oil filter?

How much will PML charge for 1st service if I leave all to them?

Thanks.

Update for location of MX Trading. In case those of you are thinking of going there.

They shifted to New Frontier Building on Ubi Ave 3 on #02-29. The building is just beside Autobacs.

Cheers

Hey everyone,

Shop N Save is selling mobile 1 engine oil (0w40) @ only S$9.99/quart, the promotion end tommorrow :)

Violin;704499 said:
Hey everyone,

Shop N Save is selling mobile 1 engine oil (0w40) @ only S$9.99/quart, the promotion end tommorrow :)

Hi just to check.. Every shop n save? Or those bigger one ONI?
Hdb neighborhood shop n save have?
Thanx for the clarification

Violin;704499 said:
Hey everyone,

Aiyo ... Missed the singapore great sale !! any bro know which place still selling m1 with $9.9 ?? Vy desperate to buy now lei .. Totally out of stock Liao !!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawer13login

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back