My car has arrived!

Re: My car has arrived!

bm323;686851 said:
hi, what engines did you have for your E39 and E60, and how are their steering and handling compared to the F10?

I personally didnt have the E39, was my dad's car.. It was the 2.2 In line 6 engine that produces 170 BHP

My E60 was the 523I with similar output.

I had driven the E39, both my dad's and a friend's 528I.

Beautiful cars with crisp handling.. steering was responsive and at that time, interior was way classier than the Mercedes that my Mom was driving.( Audi was never in the picture then)

The E60 felt much more like a JDM. everything is very light but still nevertheless very responsive. I thought the E60 had a bit of a identity crisis. Didnt really like the centre console.

The F10 has gone back to the Bavarian root. The handling is much more responsive and compose yet provide a very classy / comfy ride like a 7 series

I would say the F10 is much of a mature E39... and definitely a class better than the predecessor it replaced.

helbreath;686856 said:
Congrats on your new ride!

I am also currently on 18" and have already ordered my 20" rims. May I know what tires you using? I think the extra road noise may be due to tires. I think the OEM rims even with RFT are comfortable and relatively quiet, I hope it won't suffer too much w 20".

I also have the aluminium trim. It gives the interior a more sporty look but I am afraid it will scratch more easily.

Thanks

I am on 245/30/20 front and 275/30/20 rear
Bridgestone S001.

Yeah... I think mainly is the tires, Wanted Michelin but haven't got the size.

I hope the tires will quiet down after it is run in..

Actually the Brush aluminium has a matt finished, so it will be more resistance to scratch, if there are any, should be less obvious.

hitmee;686862 said:
where are the photos????

Bro Hitmee!! Pictures for you..

DSC08975.jpg

I was always given to understand that the E60 steering was "heavier" than the F10, which felt "light". I test drove the 535 and felt that the steering was rather light compared to my E60, but then again it could be due to the F10 not lowered. The E60 vs F10 looks is very subjective lah. You have 1 Million people saying E60 is the best sporty looking 5 series ever and then you will get another million responses saying F10 is much better. To each his own as long as you like your car and can't wait to go down to the carpark and look at your car.

MW;686912 said:
I was always given to understand that the E60 steering was "heavier" than the F10, which felt "light". I test drove the 535 and felt that the steering was rather light compared to my E60, but then again it could be due to the F10 not lowered. The E60 vs F10 looks is very subjective lah. You have 1 Million people saying E60 is the best sporty looking 5 series ever and then you will get another million responses saying F10 is much better. To each his own as long as you like your car and can't wait to go down to the carpark and look at your car.

cool... I am heading down to the carpark and wash my baby again now!
hahaa...

No matter which series you are driving, as long as you like/love your ride, it will always be the ultimate machine to you...

Nice rims time for a drop... Kwv3 coil over fits the bill...:)

Enough with the teasing...

Here are two full shots pictures:

DSC08978-1.jpg

DSC08974-1.jpg

No plans to lower it yet...

Was thinking about M Sport kit but will decide later..

Looking at the pictures, i am wondering if i made a bad choice for my rims. I ordered matte black rims for my sophisto grey (dark graphite) ride. I think at night the rims will just disappear into the body.

tomace;687310 said:
Nice rims! Are those 19'' or 20'' ??

20 mate...

Bro SY recommendation....
Couple of SMSes exchage,
8 hours later, I am out of Top 93 with an invoice....:ultrasho:

helbreath;687312 said:
Looking at the pictures, i am wondering if i made a bad choice for my rims. I ordered matte black rims for my sophisto grey (dark graphite) ride. I think at night the rims will just disappear into the body.

You ordered the same wheels?

I saw a set of Matt Black fitted on a white Lexus IS.
Looks nice..

I think the black/ machine face and Chrome lip will looks good...

ckbmwe60;687348 said:
You ordered the same wheels?

I saw a set of Matt Black fitted on a white Lexus IS.
Looks nice..

I think the black/ machine face and Chrome lip will looks good...

I got these in matte black

Black and white combo is very safe. But just worried dark graphite and matte black on my ride got too little contrast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back