My comments on my 2 weeks F30 328i

Re: My comments on my 2 weeks F30 328i

sktng;904112 said:
59Kph per 1000 rpm at 8th gear

Ha?? So at 7,000rpm redline you've crossed 400kph?

totoseow;904105 said:
u think what? bicycle ah?
Lorry also got 10 gears le.

Oilman;904113 said:

u know in the M3...it actually cruises at 60kmh in 7th too. blardy gearings. good for driving slowly. once u hit a track or even try to overtake n drop gears..u just keep mucking around with the paddles. v annoying. low torque. drop 2-3 gears just to achieve some torque when a 6 speed GB wud hv been just fine.

totoseow;903994 said:
1. Perfect ZF 8 speed transmission, seamless shift at town or highway driving, gear ratio is impressive (at 8th gear, 59kmh per 1000rpm). Cant wait to crusie at NSHW.

who the hell needs 8 gears? short ratios....ah peh driving style? better put p-plate

Who the hell will invent 8speed if it is not needed.

Oilman;904113 said:

Low rpm cruising is to my liking that's all. By the way it will not reach 7000rpm at 8th gear, you must be nut to say that.

totoseow;904116 said:
u know in the M3...it actually cruises at 60kmh in 7th too. blardy gearings. good for driving slowly. once u hit a track or even try to overtake n drop gears..u just keep mucking around with the paddles. v annoying. low torque. drop 2-3 gears just to achieve some torque when a 6 speed GB wud hv been just fine.

Track car is a total different story from a daily road car.

Congrats on your new ride. Yes, F30 328i is indeed a good car. You can call upon the power when you need it, no problem when overtaking on the highway. Just tap the throttle and the car will response. The 8-speed is really commendable. :)

sktng;904128 said:
Low rpm cruising is to my liking that's all. By the way it will not reach 7000rpm at 8th gear, you must be nut to say that.

Dunno man, haven't driven cream-puffy cars with so many gears before.

totoseow;904116 said:

Totally agree with toto.

8speed GB nice & smooth during relax driving... (on par with CVT) but when sudden over taking, have to either step more to up rev or tap 2-3 clicks on e ( - ) shift. :eek:

I kinda agree with tomace... I drove the F30 328i for the whole day @ sepang during the BMW driving experience training. engine is impressive, 8speeder is good for daily drive but for some enthusiastic drive really i prefer the taller gears on the 6 speed which I think was perfect as a transmission less the jerky shifts. suspension was too soft, even when on sport setting. steering too light also.

oddly my F10 steering doesn't feel as light (maybe car heavier). but i do find myself downshifting two gears on the 8spd when i want to overtake.

Last edited by a moderator:

i wonder how many shift up to 8th gear while driving on manual mode especially in city

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;904457 said:
i wonder how many shift up to 8th gear while driving on manual mode especially in city

actually after one of the bros mentioned / asked me in another thread, i did take notice how i shift...

shift usually based on feel, never really look at gear unless slow speed (so i don't accidentally shift into gear 1/2) but after looking @ dashboard, i find that i do go up to gear 8 during city drive. some roads can hit 80kph.

they made the 8th gear for new EU standards. cut emissions. save petrol etc etc. basically ah pek driving. i find it annoying to drop 3 gears.

sound like a taxi! absolutely irritating!! the most irritating thing about my F30 320i.

my start/stop function miraculously stopped functioning after a month or so...perhaps the car is "smart" enough to know that i dont like it as i kept switching it off.

sktng;904126 said:
Who the hell will invent 8speed if it is not needed.

I reckon the 8-speeder is to relieve them the DCT issues esp like Audi's mechantronic failures, and the ability of the torque convertor to be strengthened for high torque purposes.

8-speed with closer ratios makes the fc better if u drive the same way, WOT wise all being equal - nothing much, but zipping round town is quite useful.

Anyway just enjoy it cos no other options except MT hahahhaa :laughlik:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88rehab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back