My F30 issues

Re: My F30 issues

Mine faced a series of problems only 2.5 years into the ride.
Coolant system leaked twice. Some engine sensor faulty. Yesterday Drivetrain malfunction warning came on and the whole car vibrated and lost power. SA said most likely misfiring. Still in workshop. Really Damn:drool:

Luboil;1126349 said:
Coolant system leaked twice. Some engine sensor faulty. Yesterday Drivetrain malfunction warning came on and the whole car vibrated and lost power. SA said most likely misfiring. Still in workshop. Really Damn:drool:

oh no...:(

Luboil;1126349 said:

Yours is 316i? Worrisome indeed. I just sold my vag car coz the time spent at workshop is next to tine spent at home sweet home otherbthan working. After 5 yrs of ownership( change x 3 clutches , change 2 mechatronic and 1 new gearbox)thought I managed to get out of the frying pan and hearing this is preparing to be into another wok of boiling oil. Hope alls good. Already have the toktok sound on ASS. Now I code it off as default so not really an issue. Still pending pml to get back to me.on the key fob rubber gasket disintegrated issue. Called once after visiting still no news. PML does not llive up to their company name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luboil;1126349 said:
That's a lot of issues. You should really tekan your SA :angry:

averllia;1126374 said:
Yours is 316i? Worrisome indeed. I just sold my vag car coz the time spent at workshop is next to tine spent at home sweet home otherbthan working. After 5 yrs of ownership( change x 3 clutches , change 2 mechatronic and 1 new gearbox)thought I managed to get out of the frying pan and hearing this is preparing to be into another wok of boiling oil. Hope alls good. Already have the toktok sound on ASS. Now I code it off as default so not really an issue. Still pending pml to get back to me.on the key fob rubber gasket disintegrated issue. Called once after visiting still no news. PML does not llive up to their company name.

Welcome to BMW - Buy More Worries. :p

If want less worry, buy jepun car. Sigh.

Ah yang;1126419 said:
316i common issue. My buddy 316 coolant leak twice n oil leak also. Gb spoil when car at 20k km. Recently juz repair on leaking coolant. Few days back he told me coolant low again.

:shock: :shock: i jus touch 19k...!!!

When I got my car new (1 week old), I encountered aircon blowing hot air (A/C button green light on, not on auto mode with temp set at 20 degrees), auto recirculating mode and wanted to send in to PML. Noticed that the hot air does not come on immediately but after 5-10 mins of driving. Fed-up, I fiddled with the aircon by set on auto, adjust fan speed e.t.c. and the problem disappeared. It no longer blows hot air (didn't manage to send in PML afterall), always on auto mode with fan speed 2, 20 degrees. I put it down to the car not acclimatized when I first got it. Guess with so many electronics, bound to have some of these issues, though I hope it will not put me off.

may i ask, if there is 316i air con vent blowing to leg when at control panel is showing forward direction ??

machaim like 2 direction, 1 leg 1 forward.

ob3lix;1127425 said:
may i ask, if there is 316i air con vent blowing to leg when at control panel is showing forward direction ??

Yes....mine does that too

ob3lix;1127425 said:

I believe that is only if your aircon is on auto, else when previously mine was manual (auto light not on), it does not blow at feet.

palin;1127428 said:
I believe that is only if your aircon is on auto, else when previously mine was manual (auto light not on), it does not blow at feet.

Still does.....also sometimes when it is in M mode.....on n off can still smell outside air coming in.

F30BKSP;1127429 said:
Still does.....also sometimes when it is in M mode.....on n off can still smell outside air coming in.

That's unusual and if M mode instead of A, you should not be able to smell outside air else I believe some PML programming may be needed.

palin;1127428 said:

nope.. i dun on AUTO..

palin;1127430 said:
That's unusual and if M mode instead of A, you should not be able to smell outside air else I believe some PML programming may be needed.

Yeah....that's what i thought too....but feels like it will slowly cut off the outside air...so still ok....Too lazy to bring the car for checking....also worried about more problematic after programming...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back