My F30 Mod today

Re: My F30 Mod today

I think i'm slow, but today finally figured out how to pair 2 phone concurrently to the car (one main phone & one additional phone). It could be an added feature from recent software upgrade, not sure. But I tried searching for this for the longest time and finally gave up and thought this is exclusive to the 5-series!

kon;902504 said:
I think i'm slow, but today finally figured out how to pair 2 phone concurrently to the car (one main phone & one additional phone). It could be an added feature from recent software upgrade, not sure. But I tried searching for this for the longest time and finally gave up and thought this is exclusive to the 5-series!

Bro kon... Even though can pair up to 4 devices but only 1 active at any 1 time right?

if I'm not wrong, you can have 2 phones active at the same time for incoming calls. But for SMS it will only show for the primary phone connected.

u mean can display sms on screen?? wow ... thot oni f10 haf tis feature:confused:

u mean can display sms on screen?? wow ... thot i read somewhere oni f10 haf tis feature:confused:

jjg;902580 said:
u mean can display sms on screen?? wow ... thot i read somewhere oni f10 haf tis feature:confused:

Ya.. I think that is called BMW Office and at least my F30 also dun have that feature.. But F10 upwards have...

wlkoh;902545 said:
Bro kon... Even though can pair up to 4 devices but only 1 active at any 1 time right?

Couple of months ago, no matter how i try i can only pair with 1 phone.

Yesterday accidentally discovered I could turn on "additional phone"... turn that on, now i could pair 2 phone concurrently... one as the main phone, the other as additional phone, i.e. it will receive phone call only. But it's a one button affair to swap them around, so no biggy. At least now both phone can use the in-car bluetooth... YAY!

Connected Drive - Office, for email & SMS, no luck yet.

wlkoh;902545 said:

Yesterday accidentally discovered I could turn on "additional phone"... turn that on, now i could pair 2 phone concurrently... one as the main phone, the other as additional phone, i.e. it will receive phone call only. But it's a one button affair to swap them around, so no biggy. At least now both phone can use the in-car bluetooth... YAY!

Here's how I do it, go to the Bluetooth menu (where you pair your phone with your car), click on the option button (the one on the bottom right), scroll all the way down to bluetooth option, you will see 2 selection there.

- Bluetooth
- Additional telephone

kon;902629 said:

Bro ,
Dun bother the feature was locked by BMW Asia , all cars from PML do not have this feature . I asked them the last round i send my car for checked .

MoMo_BoY;903056 said:
Bro ,
Dun bother the feature was locked by BMW Asia , all cars from PML do not have this feature . I asked them the last round i send my car for checked .

F10 have Office, so is whether BMW Asia want to "give" or not, and to think the amount of margin they make from us... haiz... really no incentive to be "loyal" to the brand.

kon;904181 said:
F10 have Office, so is whether BMW Asia want to "give" or not, and to think the amount of margin they make from us... haiz... really no incentive to be "loyal" to the brand.

Kon , not the brand but the dealer in this case .

My F30 Mod today

AADC;904516 said:
bro kon, do you know if the display name of the paired device can be changed? thanks.

The display name is depends on your phone and u can change the profile name on your idrive

Hi Bro,

Hi ALl,

By chance I come across this mod posting.
\'m looking at the following few items, pls let me know if anyone is dekit or selling them.

1. Performance Exhaust with cert
2. CF Mirror
3. GT Brembo BBK
4. 18" Prodrive rim
5. cf bonnet
5. M design side fender

My ride is a E90 - 325i [Black],
pls contact me at 9829 1188 - YANG

You'd have better luck on an E90 thread. Almost everything you listed from an F30 won't fit an E90.

998;905040 said:
Hi Bro,

Hi ALl,

\'m looking at the following few items, pls let me know if anyone is dekit or selling them.

2. CF Mirror
3. GT Brembo BBK
4. 18" Prodrive rim
5. cf bonnet
5. M design side fender

998;905040 said:
Hi Bro,

Hi ALl,

2. CF Mirror
3. GT Brembo BBK
4. 18" Prodrive rim
5. cf bonnet
5. M design side fender

Yang, are you asking to put F30 parts into your E90 by asking on this F30 post? Now I know why you pm me with the subject heavy mods.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back