Need 3 Series Driver Help

cordone19

hi bros driving 3 series,

i'm currently driving a wrx and i'm thinking of changing to a 2009 3 series like 320i. btw is the 09 320i and the latest model 320i the same design?

is it very expensive to upkeep the car as this might be my first continental car.

i'm a sales person and my income varies. but most of the times, i'm earning at least 3k. will be more if got sales.

saw from a dealer, he is letting go a 320i 09 model, and in terms of petrol my rex is like 7km/l so it's quite bad. is the servicing very expensive?

how much does a person needs to earn roughly to be able to upkeep a 320i ? i'm working monday to sunday and i dont spend alot of money, spend only on my meals. was thinking of getting a 5 yr loan and using my wrx as downpayment as i've finish paying my wrx installment.

thanks for the help as i dont want to regret my decision after buying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Need 3 Series Driver Help

No one but yourself can understand your financials better. 3K is barely enough to get on with life let alone owning a car. I strongly advise you to take a good hard look at your situation.

Have u test drive the car yet? I suggest u test drive first to see if u like it.

pengful;642577 said:
No one but yourself can understand your financials better. 3K is barely enough to get on with life let alone owning a car. I strongly advise you to take a good hard look at your situation.

No la, cos I'm single and my expenses very little. Plus I hardly spend on anything. I was thinking of since my car can sell now, whether should I change anot. Cos in sales life then income very hard to predict.

I've not yet test drive the car yet cos I wanna be 100% sure before I test drive. Else ltr test drive already more n more gian.

You'll be very sian going from WRX to 320. Then you'll turn to alcohol to drown your sorrows, and 3k/month won't be enough.

haha, I've enough of that car already. It's 6yrs old already haha.
Plus I don't drink don't smoke don't gamble no social life, work and work.

I'm just wondering how much is it needed a month to roughly upkeep the car? Dilemma sia, dunno to change or not.

great. save up and buy a used 335 or M3.
since your wrx is 6 years old. you got 4 years to do that.

cordone19;642585 said:
haha, I've enough of that car already. It's 6yrs old already haha.
Plus I don't drink don't smoke don't gamble no social life, work and work.

I'm just wondering how much is it needed a month to roughly upkeep the car? Dilemma sia, dunno to change or not.

That's impossible la. So ex, can only dream la haha. Cos I wanna make use of my car to pay the dpwnpayment now. So the advise is don't buy? Im thinkin of the monthly expenses will it be more than my WRX?

My comments coming from a ex scoobie and evo driver..

Why you're switching from WRX to a BMW..

You will feel the power loss.. and I have to admit that I couldn't stop knn'ing all the way..

Other wise, the maintenance is cheaper.. however some parts can be costly..

If you maintain your ride well, it'll be a good car for you.

Consumption is definitely better than WRX..

If you don't relax now.. then when? :dance:

Doing the expenses will require to know your driving style and driving needs (how much), so why dont you put the math for your current car here alongwith a comparison for a 09-320, and then guys here can tell you whether your math based on your assumption is accurate or not..
That is only if you are really keen, but it wont be easy in your budget I can tell.

Since u r in sales line, I think it does not make sense to drive E90. Once u hit 100k, a lot of stuff need to be replaced. In addition, there are a lot of nice mod around. Itchy backside, mod here mod there. I m not sure with all the mod, ur salary might not be enuf for Sunshine bread.

My opinion is that if u are in sales and clocking high mileage (wear & tear) BMW is not a suitable car unless u need to impress your customer but E90 320i is also a wrong car.....stick to Jap/Korean and save $$$ for investment...

Ya! These are the comments I need! Haha

Ok firstly I don't drive the car around for sales. I will drive to office and park there, at night drive home.

My current car is mildly mod so I'm driving like 50-50 normal n freeway.

The 3k is my if really really no business la, normal times I don't earn 3k but I decided to work with the 3k budget so that at least I got something to fall back on.

I've stop modding my car since 3 yrs ago. Cos I think it's a waste of money. So I won't be modding the 320 too.

I was thinking of paying 1k for installment monthly, Petrol wise I think my current car very bad so that's not a problem. Maintainence wise, my car is doing every 5k servicing.

Nomally 100k need to change what? Timing belt etc? The car I saw only is 30k mileage. Is the 09 model and the current model the same model? Or facelifted again.?

The good thing is my sales is I drive van so my usage is from hotel to office back to home. Sometimes I go out, else I'll plan to let my mum drive it.

My insurance is 50%

Ok don't say Robot with super CPU never help, even though I still think you should test drive the 320 before you decide (see Oilman and boboshooter's posts on page 1).

Rough cost estimates are:

Road tax - $1100-$1200 pa (can't remember, but you can calculate from onemotoring)
Insurance - $1500 - $2k p.a. based on your age?
Petrol - $300-$400 a month?
Loan - $12k pa
Parking - ?
Regular oil servicing - $500 pa

Above comes out to rounhly $20k a year.

So that's around $2k a month.

Edit ok just saw your post that the car only has 30k km mileage and under warranty. In that case you are quite safe, ignore my paragraph below:
For replacement of wear and tear of a used bimmer, factor in at least another $3k (at least hoh), for e.g. pumps/gaskets/pipings may leak, aircon coil may leak, door/windows motor may kaput, tyres may wear out, rotors/pads may wear out, shocks kaput, etc.

boboshooter;642593 said:
My comments coming from a ex scoobie and evo driver..

Why you're switching from WRX to a BMW..

You will feel the power loss.. and I have to admit that I couldn't stop knn'ing all the way..

Other wise, the maintenance is cheaper.. however some parts can be costly..

If you maintain your ride well, it'll be a good car for you.

Consumption is definitely better than WRX..

If you don't relax now.. then when? :dance:

The power loss really very jialet? I drove the 523 before I think the car very heavy and the pickup like alil problem.

cordone19;642609 said:
Nomally 100k need to change what? Timing belt etc? The car I saw only is 30k mileage. Is the 09 model and the current model the same model? Or facelifted again.?

The good thing is my sales is I drive van so my usage is from hotel to office back to home. Sometimes I go out, else I'll plan to let my mum drive it.

My insurance is 50%

The 09 model should b the LCI e90 already. you can check the exterior hood, front fascia n taillamps ..... if power is not ur concern n fanancialy ok why not follow ur heart...?? :)

R335;642613 said:
The 09 model should b the LCI e90 already. you can check the exterior hood, front fascia n taillamps ..... if power is not ur concern n fanancialy ok why not follow ur heart...?? :)

I know the bonnet is got the line one and the tail lamp dont have the big White light.

I'm just afraid if gt sudden repair or always got problem then it's not a wise choice. Cos subaru always mod then always gt problem. So if a stock 320 don't mod, will it be alot of problem also?

Plus the bro above say. The replacement for the casket, Aircon all these, does it happen to a BMW very often?

davidtch;642597 said:
I m not sure with all the mod, ur salary might not be enuf for Sunshine bread.
How about Gardenia? Can afford? :nehnehhh:

cordone19;642611 said:
The power loss really very jialet? I drove the 523 before I think the car very heavy and the pickup like alil problem.
Don't know which 523 you are referring to, and what you meant by "alil problem".
Assuming it's the F10, below are the figures:
523:
Power204 bhp
Torque250 Nm
Kerb weight1,725 kg

Power156 bhp
Torque200 Nm
Kerb weight1,465 kg

hmm, i dunno abt the model. i know its those normal 523i 08 version.

oh the lil problem i am referring to is because, i guess i am used to the turbo feeling, thats why i feel the 523i like got difficulty in picking up. but after 100km/h i think it's pretty impressive.

the 320i for the 09 version is call what model ?

also does just adding a sprint booster helps? i'm more concern with the servicing and the reliabilty of the car. cos i am not sure if BMW will always have this spoilt that spoilt? or will it be durable and can safely reach the 100 000km mileage then change parts then can again hv not much of a problem for the next couple of years? :ehhh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back