Need help deciding: 320I or 323I

Re: Need help deciding: 320I or 323I

Hi bro, that's pretty decent liao.... Think about what the 520i used to be... Note that the face-life 5 series will be launched mind this year....

eldwin;174266 said:
Jase,

Thanks. But actually my SE quoted me a price slightly better than $166. :)

I know some other bro here got a better package. Cheers!!

eldwin;174266 said:
Jase,

Thanks. But actually my SE quoted me a price slightly better than $166. :)

I know some other bro here got a better package. Cheers!!
Hi eldwin,

Yah, the $166 is the opening price. You can def tear it down from there. I know of ppl who paid lower but since I wasn't getting a 5 (it's nice to dream about it though), I didn't explore further. I also know of ppl who paid more (quite unfortunate, IMHO). Anyway, all the best in your hunt. Hope you get a great deal :)

Alex, once again sorry, i know it is :offtopic:

Jase;174282 said:
Hi eldwin,

Yah, the $166 is the opening price. You can def tear it down from there. I know of ppl who paid lower but since I wasn't getting a 5 (it's nice to dream about it though), I didn't explore further. I also know of ppl who paid more (quite unfortunate, IMHO). Anyway, all the best in your hunt. Hope you get a great deal :)

Jase, thanks.

mobilefriend;174280 said:
Hi bro, that's pretty decent liao.... Think about what the 520i used to be... Note that the face-life 5 series will be launched mind this year....

That is true :laughlik: .... I went to the website and look at the new 5 but cant really tell any physical different!

Hubba;174267 said:
The new 523 engine & the new C Class 180/200 is much more powerful then their current spec range. Knowing the rivalry between the 2 makes, u will see one-upmanship in price & features.

Hubba, tks for pting out that new 523 is of a different spec....will try to read up if i can find some time.

Alex Yap;174185 said:
now havta work out the finances hahaha...3 yrs or 5 yrs or 7 yrs loan.....

if you can afford to do a 3 yr loan, I would suppose money is not a big problem for u...in that case, the choice is clear...IL6...:yummie:

Alex Yap;174275 said:
Just wondering anyone have a good insurance to recommend? Or should i take PML's insurance? SE said better in terms of service coz all claims will be processed by PML.

depemds on your wants - Mitsui Sumitomo offers a new car for old replacement if its wrecked badly within the first 24month, zero excess. premium's around $1200 for 35yrs, 50+5 NCD. otherwise, MSIG (previously Aviva as processed thru PML) is around $900 for the same person, $500 excess.

gadgets;174403 said:
if you can afford to do a 3 yr loan, I would suppose money is not a big problem for u...in that case, the choice is clear...IL6...:yummie:

depemds on your wants - Mitsui Sumitomo offers a new car for old replacement if its wrecked badly within the first 24month, zero excess. premium's around $1200 for 35yrs, 50+5 NCD. otherwise, MSIG (previously Aviva as processed thru PML) is around $900 for the same person, $500 excess.

i am 33 this march...first time buying a car.....driving experience 10+yrsi was quoted $1800+ by my SE for the inhouse insurance...she said cannot get outside insurance...i don think so right?

also this is for the 323i

By right you shld be able to. Only thing is that this will mean less commission for your SE and she could well has factored that in when she give you the discount. But anyway, just tell them to either match what you can get outside or insist on buying on your own.

sorry, made a mistake with the 2.0litre roadtax ... updated it for the benefit of anyone who might be asking the same question later...

the insurance i took (which was more expensive) was the one with first year one to one exchange for total loss :) ...

Alex Yap;174275 said:
HI thanks for these figures. They were pretty helpful.

Just wondering anyone have a good insurance to recommend? Or should i take PML's insurance? SE said better in terms of service coz all claims will be processed by PML..

I was thinking...got good got bad la...since cannot overclaim ?? Any idea?

ferd;174192 said:
what ever your choice is just make sure your wallet is happy with it... capex and opex are 2 very different monsters.... 10k difference for capex is alright... after all its one time...

323 roadtax is $2300 pa
323 insurance also higher coz 2.5 litre engine?
323 does about 7+ km per litre (mostly city driving)
323 servicing also more expensive coz 2 more spark plugs and more engine oil needed ?

320 roadtax is $1550 (instead of $1800) pa ?
320 insurance might be a little cheaper
320 does about 8+km per litre (mostly city driving)
320 servicing is 4 spark plugs and maybe 4.5 litre of engine oil?

whichever your choice is, the upside is you still get to collect the Shell Petrol's Ferrari model cars fairly quickly .... :) And congrats in advance on getting your car!

ps: figures might be a little off, but i think you get the picture...

I am below 33 yrs old and insurance before NCD is $1200+ for my E90 323i. I did not get PML in-hse insurance because they cannot match what I sourced outside. :)

Anyway what I am paying for my BMW is not considered cheap already; my Merc is even lower!

Alex Yap;174417 said:
i am 33 this march...first time buying a car.....driving experience 10+yrsi was quoted $1800+ by my SE for the inhouse insurance...she said cannot get outside insurance...i don think so right?

also this is for the 323i

Anyone have any idea about resale values for the 323?
320 resale values now seem to have dropped, a question of supply and demand I guess. One thing for sure is that quite a few people are selling their 320 because of the lack (or perceived lack) of power.

Test drove the 335 over the weekend and am quite impressed by the power when you need it, but the ease of drive at low speeds. If you're stuck in traffic all the time along CBD then it doesn't matter, but on the highway it is appreciably different.

Heard that the Govt may be lowering the tax structure for cars soon... may be good to wait a couple more weeks if not desperate.

so you got your 323 at 134 K alex ? with 18 inch rims ?that's great !

so what is the final verdict? 323 can be had for 134K incl. 18" rims? if so that's really quite a good deal! but are these the ones without the cruise control & folding mirrors?

My SE told me the latest price is around $128k for the 320i and $143k for the 323i with Cat E COE at $11k. Not sure why the $11k disparity between Dec'06 and Feb'07. Guess they needed the quota then.

Is this a recent price? These were the prices I was quoted about a month ago but I was recently told that the prices have gone up by about $1-2k (or more) depending on the car.

The 323i are more expensive now because its specs are slightly different from the earlier batches. Eg, the current ones come standard with bixenon.

Perhaps that's why. But isn't the xenon ard $4k if you get it fitted at PML? Maybe there are cruise control, folding mirrors or bodykits thrown in.

the 320's price 'went up' (actually the older stocks were 'cheaper') by 4k recently when they added cruise ctrl, split arm rest, folding mirrors, chrome exhaust and through loading.

That's not what I meant. I was referring to the new 320is. I got my 320i about a month ago with all the new features you mentioned but since then, I was told that the price of this particular "breed" of 320is has also gone up by about $1-2k. I think it's meant to compensate for the drop in COE.

Yah, new MY07 come with folding mirrors, wood interior, thru-loading rear seats etc too.

aneoac;178838 said:
Perhaps that's why. But isn't the xenon ard $4k if you get it fitted at PML? Maybe there are cruise control, folding mirrors or bodykits thrown in.

Jase;178874 said:
That's not what I meant. I was referring to the new 320is. I got my 320i about a month ago with all the new features you mentioned but since then, I was told that the price of this particular "breed" of 320is has also gone up by about $1-2k. I think it's meant to compensate for the drop in COE.
isnt it ironic to increase the price in order to compensate for drop in COE? i mean the other jap/ korean makes are dropping prices by 1-3k and here PML is doing the opposite:screwedu:

I don't think it's ironic for PML considering that previously (when COE was around $12-13k) they only charged $10k and absorbed the rest. I would expect them to raise their prices a little to compensate. It's no biggie since the ultimate cost of the car would now be lower due to the drop in COE.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uk88ceo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back