New 420 bhp Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

Re: New 420 bhp Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

bleachberu;285061 said:
TripleM,

I think you're probably right. The silver 996GT3 in the mkt now is still priced higher than a comparable turbo. Having said that, 996 turbos took a big hit in general, for some reason. Perhaps over production? In any case, a great car and looks good value now. I wonder if the 997 Turbos will share a similar fate?

Congrats on your GT3, fantastic choice! (mine too although the GTR at close to half the price appeals to my wallet)

Cheers,
B

Key is, don't ever by Porsche Turbo brand new. And if you are in the mkt for a used one, wait till you see a 2yr old one at least....damn good value for money, a daily super car money can buy.

I was in the mkt for such car ( well obviously a 996 Turbo ), didnt agree on the price tho I was already advised by my fellow ex turbo owners that my bidding price was a tad too high but never mind...

So after some thots, forget it...firmed up my decision on the 997GT3.

centurion;285082 said:
the 996 had the fried egg headlights, and I'm sure that played a part to depress all residuals throughout the 996 and 986 range.

it's a broken fried egg la!

Thanks.Was actually into the final stage of discussion wif the sales rep from Stuttgart on the 997 turbo.As heart is still on the GT3 therefore till today didnt commit to anyting yet.Seen quite a number of used F430 & gallardo too.But intention is to get someting tat is appropriate for daily drive.

Centurion,

Haha...yes, agreed the broken fried eggs probably contributed!

TripleM,

Thanks for the tips. If I do get a 996 turbo, will pm you for tighter pricing guidance. It seems however, the standard 997S cars are starting to see a fall off in values too, more so in the next 12-18mths as Porsche ramps to >100k production numbers. A big jump in interior build quality btw the two...

I think the GT3 suits you better mate! (and a much better 'investment' than the turbo judging from what you said) Looking fwd to the pics!

Cheers,
B

yeah, like something with 3......not 3-some hor.

TripleM;285128 said:
yeah, like something with 3......not 3-some hor.

3some your yellow, jaundice KKJ....i m gonna chiet u left right center.

u dont laugh, i ll drag you to S.A showrm once MkII GT3 PDK version is confirmed...

u can own this first then change to German camp again.......

German camp again? Bugger never left the italian camp (second car does not count!)

Best analogy for the turbo vs the GT3 is very high end Japanese designer kitchen knives.

Both are super high quality kitchen implements.

But the turbo is the meal cleaver while the GT3 is the sashimi knife.

i love sashimi.....how r u les....happy NY.

Happy New Year to you too!

Sigh. Am sports car less and starting to feel withdrawl pangs. The R32 is great but I get to the carpark, hop out, lock it and walk off. Not lingering backward stares of lust....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back