• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

New 520LCi

Re: New 520LCi

eh, there are a lot of used 2005 520 2.2L L6 for sale in the market for less than 78K, i believe they would even let it go at 68-70K... look for low milleage, 1 owner kinda cars, should be pretty worthwhile to get, afterall, its a proper 6 cylinder 170bhp, not the L4 150bhp that is on the new 520...

gtr_Gtti;423040 said:
eh, there are a lot of used 2005 520 2.2L L6 for sale in the market for less than 78K, i believe they would even let it go at 68-70K... look for low milleage, 1 owner kinda cars, should be pretty worthwhile to get, afterall, its a proper 6 cylinder 170bhp, not the L4 150bhp that is on the new 520...

Think you are talking abt the 2005 523i? No way the resale market can do at below 80K.
I was quoted a Sep 2005 for minimum 85K at Republic, and when I tried to bargain for 80K, the sales guy told me to look for cheaper cars if I have a tight budget:furious:

Morover, if you add the transfer fee, change the tyres (usually they are already quite bald), and the follow up on maint, I don't think it's worth it.
I'm going for a new 520i whatever it is, some may call it under power, but tats wat I'm most comfortable to own for the moment:)

Luboil;423064 said:
Think you are talking abt the 2005 523i? No way the resale market can do at below 80K.
I was quoted a Sep 2005 for minimum 85K at Republic, and when I tried to bargain for 80K, the sales guy told me to look for cheaper cars if I have a tight budget:furious:

Morover, if you add the transfer fee, change the tyres (usually they are already quite bald), and the follow up on maint, I don't think it's worth it.
I'm going for a new 520i whatever it is, some may call it under power, but tats wat I'm most comfortable to own for the moment:)

Agree bro. Nothing beats owning a new car!

It's good to understand the market and make wise decision base on your liking.

Cheers and hope you get your new ride soon! :)

bonsoir;420444 said:
Exact sentiments la! my current ride is Mazda 3, 2 years old....if i don't get rid of it by may this year? new model coming out, bigger and wider, will surely plummet the price...

Bro your concern is unfounded cos usually the new model will cost more likely in the range of mid $60K compare to low $50K for the current ride. In fact, u r likely to benefit from it cos used car dealer will have to depend on the new car price or existing car paper value to offer u. My view is the earlier the New Mazda 3 launch the better for u. :)

Prices from PML as of yesterday = 320i(basic) = $109k, Sports = $117k, 520(basic)=$137K..

320i;423196 said:
Prices from PML as of yesterday = 320i(basic) = $109k, Sports = $117k, 520(basic)=$137K..

Bro, the price quoted means it is after over-trade off the list price right? It is not the so called $555 for 18 months scheme for the 520i rightj?

Hi Bro
For clarity. let me explain cos i went down to PML a few days ago and was quoted tis price for the 520i and it seems i am getting a raw deal compared to the pricing you providing here for the 520i. I was offered tis $170,800 (LIST PRICE) - $27,802 (OVER-TRADE) = S$142,998. i was given a further discount of S$2K after some discussion, which mean i got S$140,998. No loan was factored into this pricing but inclusive of trading in of my old car. Please kindly advise. Thanks

this is the price that PML has been holding on

320i;423196 said:

bglim;423205 said:
Hi Bro
For clarity. let me explain cos i went down to PML a few days ago and was quoted tis price for the 520i and it seems i am getting a raw deal compared to the pricing you providing here for the 520i. I was offered tis $170,800 (LIST PRICE) - $27,802 (OVER-TRADE) = S$142,998. i was given a further discount of S$2K after some discussion, which mean i got S$140,998. No loan was factored into this pricing but inclusive of trading in of my old car. Please kindly advise. Thanks

If you take the cash rebate from their loan, will knock off a few more Ks; but interest slightly higher tho. Do check with them left what color....understand it's selling like hot cakes :yikess: Not many colors left

320i;423196 said:

Hi, are those prices with or without financing?

No I think he is talking about 2005 520i. Up till early 2005, PML was still selling IL6 2.2 litre engine 520.

Luboil;423064 said:

320i;423259 said:
These are SE sell prices, nothing to do with financing......

The SE I met yesterday said $110K and below for basic 320i is only possible after discounting rebates from loan package. He offered me $115,800 based on cash payment without loan.

longhorn;423273 said:
No I think he is talking about 2005 520i. Up till early 2005, PML was still selling IL6 2.2 litre engine 520.

Ya...misunderstood it at first actually. Indeed there was this model, but I don't think can get anywhere closed to tat sort of price still.
Was quoted a Feb 2005 520i with all the M5 kit at $80K few weeks back. I think no way to knock it down to near 68-70K...

Anyway, I signed for a new 520i last nite liao. Got a good deal (at least in my opinion) cos I took one of the last few units from the pre-Sep batch tat are w/o the I-Drive gadget. :yummie:
Now waiting to join you beemers.............:)

ktnpl;423277 said:
The SE I met yesterday said $110K and below for basic 320i is only possible after discounting rebates from loan package. He offered me $115,800 based on cash payment without loan.
Ya for the 5201 i was offered $140,998 without loan. I wonder the difference is due to taking up the loan?

Luboil;423300 said:
Ya...misunderstood it at first actually. Indeed there was this model, but I don't think can get anywhere closed to tat sort of price still.
Was quoted a Feb 2005 520i with all the M5 kit at $80K few weeks back. I think no way to knock it down to near 68-70K...

Anyway, I signed for a new 520i last nite liao. Got a good deal (at least in my opinion) cos I took one of the last few units from the pre-Sep batch tat are w/o the I-Drive gadget. :yummie:
Now waiting to join you beemers.............:)

Luboil,

The IL6 520s are quite expensive due to the high spec (active steering included) and resulting high omv.
Think they were going for slightly above $200k then.
They have high scrap value therefore you cannot push the price down much.

By the way, what interest me is - you really manage to get a 520 from PML without i-Drive?
I found that 3 series without i-Drive does not have the centre screen with hood.
Do you have the screen then?

Even without i-Drive, i think you are not missing out much from a BMW, its all about the driving experience.
The sound system sucks, the aircon is not as effective as merc or lexus etc etc.
Welcome .......

Regards
Jason

Luboil;423064 said:

Actually hor,
the new 520, even tho it's a 4 potter...it's tweaked differently, it's 168BHP and not 156bhp like the 320 la....

So bro luboil! enjoy the ride and look forward to seeing u soon, i'm getting my ride this weekend...heehehe:yummie:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vc77store

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back