newbie reporting

coolman

Hi all,

just join this forum today and hope to learn more from all the lau jeow (old bird). I do some simple reading and oredi got lost with all the terms u guys using.... reli a lot to pick up.

Currently still not driving a beemer but intend to get one in 1 to 2 months time, so taking this opp to do some research as to which is a better model to get.

Re: newbie reporting

coolman;445622 said:
Hi all,

just join this forum today and hope to learn more from all the lau jeow (old bird). I do some simple reading and oredi got lost with all the terms u guys using.... reli a lot to pick up.

Currently still not driving a beemer but intend to get one in 1 to 2 months time, so taking this opp to do some research as to which is a better model to get.

Hey buddy,

Welcome aboard. I m sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

As for all the jargons, take it easy; jux enjoy the journey.

BTW, the ride that you want should be a veri personal thing IMHO.

Some go purely for the adranaline rush, some for the awesome ride, others go for the safety features; but morst go for the engagement between the man & the machine, something which the bimmer has a lot to offer. Of course the blue n white emblem that stood out firm on your bonnet n boot says it all.

But really, take in to account both your want n need. A few questions to ask:

1. your budget
2. married or single
3. smooth ride, adranaline pump, or both
4. what is your driving style
5. do you want to mod moderately or extensively.

and the list goes on.

Cheers

kim_pioneer;445624 said:
Hey buddy,

Welcome aboard. I m sure you'll enjoy your stay here.

As for all the jargons, take it easy; jux enjoy the journey.

BTW, the ride that you want should be a veri personal thing IMHO.

Some go purely for the adranaline rush, some for the awesome ride, others go for the safety features; but morst go for the engagement between the man & the machine, something which the bimmer has a lot to offer. Of course the blue n white emblem that stood out firm on your bonnet n boot says it all.

But really, take in to account both your want n need. A few questions to ask:

1. your budget
2. married or single
3. smooth ride, adranaline pump, or both
4. what is your driving style
5. do you want to mod moderately or extensively.

and the list goes on.

Cheers

Bro,

tnks for the warm welcome....

1. your budget - max i will go is 160k
2. married or single - getting married next year
3. smooth ride, adranaline pump, or both - both
4. what is your driving style - currently driving a civic FD1, always go Sepang, so what u think?
5. do you want to mod moderately or extensively. - i think I have enough of that for my current car, so will just go moderate

I tried a 320i that day, a bit disappointed with the lagging of power. maybe a 323i will be better. Just a few things to chk bro:

1) My thinking is since spending so much getting the ride, isnt it better to get from agent, a bit worried on PI. Comments?
2) Shd i get a 320 and tune up the engine or shd i just get a 323?
3) last one is a bit stupid but.... is it better to get a 1 to 1.5yrs old car rather than a new one?

Hi Coolman,

Welcome in
Remember is Bimmer...................(not beemer)........

320i cant do much....323i, 190hp (ok) get the 325, 218hp (better).....335i 306hp (best)

Get from PML better unless the PI is a reputable Company.........

or you may wanna get a used 335i.....

married also can get a coupe......quite spacious unless you are camparing it to a MPV or SUV......

Happy searching.........

cheers

ac323;445627 said:
Hi Coolman,

Welcome in

320i cant do much....323i, 190hp (ok) get the 325, 218hp (better).....335i 306hp (best)

married also can get a coupe......quite spacious unless you are camparing it to a MPV or SUV......

Happy searching.........

cheers

AC is right. Go for A.D. rather than P.I. Currently they are giving S$18K + $ 2K for 3 series. They call it the overtrade but more can be squeezed out of the S.C. If you r really interested, I intro my S.C. to you. she eager to hit quota, so definetely willing to throw in more; but of course got limit one lah. :D

Jux help my buddy get his 318. Good deal, laughing all the way to bank:woottt:

My guess for 160K budget, with you civic trade in, go for 325(2 door). Shl cost you between 150K - 160K, depending on how this round of increase in coe affect PML pricing.

335 (4 door) shl be abt 190K - 208K depend on the model of car you trade in so I guess is not within your current range. Of course 2 door is higher price; abt 25K to 30K more

If you looking for 325(4 Door) then cheaper, between 142K - 150K,depend on your trade in again.

Please note price is already nett, but you may get a little more, plus a few add ons; depending on your relation with the S.C. The listed price is higher by at least 18K more.

Another buddy mod his 325, from 218hps to over 300hps:whatthe: ; cost him about 30k to do it. It's all about stacking. Part of the 30K involve an added chip on his computer board.

actually, unless you want to swim in big depre. like new owners after 1-2 years.
1.5-2 years old is a good sweet spot to start shopping.

i'd advise you to do the numbers for both - new vs. used.
then your answer will emerge

ac323;445627 said:
Hi Coolman,

Welcome in

Happy searching.........

cheers

ha ha bro sori sori ok now i know its BIMMER..... not BEE mer. paisei lah

Yup i do agreed that a 320 cant do much since its just the basic further more it's flooded in the mkt with so many 320, which i dont like. Of cos 335 will be the best best best but money aso best best best....

Is coupe also spacious? for 2 adults ok lah but if wz my mum and if got kids liao than may need more space. But i reli like a coupe....woh that feeling is good man.......swee.

kim_pioneer;445630 said:
AC is right. Go for A.D. rather than P.I. Currently they are giving S$18K + $ 2K for 3 series. They call it the overtrade but more can be squeezed out of the S.C. If you r really interested, I intro my S.C. to you. she eager to hit quota, so definetely willing to throw in more; but of course got limit one lah. :D

Jux help my buddy get his 318. Good deal, laughing all the way to bank:woottt:

My guess for 160K budget, with you civic trade in, go for 325(2 door). Shl cost you between 150K - 160K, depending on how this round of increase in coe affect PML pricing.

335 (4 door) shl be abt 190K - 208K depend on the model of car you trade in so I guess is not within your current range. Of course 2 door is higher price; abt 25K to 30K more

If you looking for 325(4 Door) then cheaper, between 142K - 150K,depend on your trade in again.

Please note price is already nett, but you may get a little more, plus a few add ons; depending on your relation with the S.C. The listed price is higher by at least 18K more.

Another buddy mod his 325, from 218hps to over 300hps:whatthe: ; cost him about 30k to do it. It's all about stacking. Part of the 30K involve an added chip on his computer board.

Bro tnks for your info, u sure the listed price is higher by 18k???? :oooops: :oooops:

My SE give me the deal for a 320 for a 2009 model is 8k over trade but if i take a late 2008 model can plus another 6k, than add on 1k cash or voucher, that's it man.....shit!!!!:shakehea:

Bro the 325 (4 door) u quote price looks ok leh, can pm me the lady SE..... hope she can provide me with more discount......:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

niteblu;445956 said:
actually, unless you want to swim in big depre. like new owners after 1-2 years.
1.5-2 years old is a good sweet spot to start shopping.

i'd advise you to do the numbers for both - new vs. used.
then your answer will emerge

Bro i totally agreed with wat u said, that's why i do hv consider before getting a 1.5 to 2 yrs old and let others take the first 2 yrs deprn. But the new facelift reli catch my attention :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anyway bro tnks for the advise, will reli consider wisely

coolman;446000 said:
Bro i totally agreed with wat u said, that's why i do hv consider before getting a 1.5 to 2 yrs old and let others take the first 2 yrs deprn. But the new facelift reli catch my attention :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anyway bro tnks for the advise, will reli consider wisely

Hey bro, Jux my 2 cents worth; if you r buying a car for performance, 2 yr car may not be your cup of tea. How the previous owner handles it, how the owner n passengers treat the car, millage, accidents that r not reported(trust me, got many case), the money you need to spend on touch ups, losing 2 years of COE, warranty coming to an end etc are actually trade off for the depreciation. :juggle:

Of course, there are personal reasons like; who was the last owner, what they did to and in the ca:yikess: r, engine's condition(more on safety for the family) etc.

Nothing against 2nd hand cars, jux my personal preference to share.:lol2:

kim_pioneer;446033 said:
Hey bro, Jux my 2 cents worth; if you r buying a car for performance, 2 yr car may not be your cup of tea. How the previous owner handles it, how the owner n passengers treat the car, millage, accidents that r not reported(trust me, got many case), the money you need to spend on touch ups, losing 2 years of COE, warranty coming to an end etc are actually trade off for the depreciation. :juggle:

Of course, there are personal reasons like; who was the last owner, what they did to and in the ca:yikess: r, engine's condition(more on safety for the family) etc.

Nothing against 2nd hand cars, jux my personal preference to share.:lol2:

bro tnks for advise. of cos those u mention is wat i hv on mind as well but was thinking it's still within the 3 yrs warranty so shd still be ok right? but just hv to wait which factor is more impotant.

Hi Coolman,

new car better (lower interest rate over used car).........

cheers

ac323;446046 said:
Hi Coolman,

new car better (lower interest rate over used car).........

cheers

Bro current PML interest is 2.68 and i saw from sgcarmart those used car interest aso 2.68, so no different leh

coolman;446045 said:
bro tnks for advise. of cos those u mention is wat i hv on mind as well but was thinking it's still within the 3 yrs warranty so shd still be ok right? but just hv to wait which factor is more impotant.

From wat I understood, on 3rd yr, a lot of things no warrenty liao. Better check the warrenty carefully.

Therefore unless you are the mod mod type or the really familiar with engine n performance type, it may become a hazzard. Why you think so many want to sell after 2 to 2.5 years:yikess:, plus after 2 plus year sianz liao:lol2:

another thing that u might want to consider... if u r those that just can't live without performance modifications (which would void pml warranty), a second hand (2-3 years old) might be a better option. for a brand new car from pml, u are always paying a premium for the warranty.

with the money that u save from the depreciation of a brand new car, u can either go for a higher end model or even give the car a makeover with new bodykit etc.

my 2 cents...

coolman;446049 said:
Bro current PML interest is 2.68 and i saw from sgcarmart those used car interest aso 2.68, so no different leh

I think you better check with the used car company. Minimum 2.9, up to 3.65, depend on year n amt. 2.68% maybe 2 years lah:bullshit: Be veri careful

I remember my friend kena once. Dealer advertised 2.5%, call up say 2.88%. Test drive until shiok shiok want to sign liao then say the bank offering 2.88% don't approve; another finance company approve, and its the only one that approve:bullshit: , the interest is 3.5%.

Some of these dealer really Chao Cheeze Pie. Oop, sori for the language used. But really pissed off that time:angry:

kim_pioneer;446050 said:
From wat I understood, on 3rd yr, a lot of things no warrenty liao. Better check the warrenty carefully.

Therefore unless you are the mod mod type or the really familiar with engine n performance type, it may become a hazzard. Why you think so many want to sell after 2 to 2.5 years:yikess:, plus after 2 plus year sianz liao:lol2:

Bro we seems to belong to the same cat of pple.... after a few yrs tired of our ride and need to change liao...:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Kaiser;446051 said:
another thing that u might want to consider... if u r those that just can't live without performance modifications (which would void pml warranty), a second hand (2-3 years old) might be a better option. for a brand new car from pml, u are always paying a premium for the warranty.

with the money that u save from the depreciation of a brand new car, u can either go for a higher end model or even give the car a makeover with new bodykit etc.

my 2 cents...

ha ha bro not much mod for me liao, current ride mod too much till my gal every now and than also nag and nag.... ears cant stand it liao. So with the new ride just min mod will do, that's why initially i thgt of getting a turbo ride but now thgt of setting down and may as well get a better one with power and comfort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9tools
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back