Nissan GT-R Officially Revealed

Re: Nissan GT-R Officially Revealed

i want one

DoggieHowser;267471 said:
Pricing is ard S$300-320k. S$320k would be for the premium edition (with Thatcham alarm, Bose sound system, leather seats etc)

Not sure abt the new GT-R but with the older one, you probably had better luck getting diagnostics done at some of the better known garages than with Tan Chong.

I know that lead tuners from Jun, MINES and Top Secret are all working on their own R35 GT-R projects and having their own diagnostic computers, as long as the PI/workshop has the right connections to the same tools, and a back-end arrangement with the Japanese factory/dealers for warranty, it should be acceptable. I know that with the Evo 9s who had issues with the magnesium fin turbos, I know of PIs who got replacement units.

Having an AD doesn't always mean problem-free cars either. I know of friends with brand new S-class and 7-series all having issues that are still not resolved.

Still every bit of assurance is great. Just make sure you get the details from the PI.

Many thanks DH much appreciated

TripleM;267472 said:
Base model ard 298k
Black premium model ard 308k

If u wish to find out more, u can look for Lee at GarageR. She just came back from Japan with some catalogue to show:)

Many thanks.

DoggieHowser;267509 said:
Sounds like a real steal, but probably includes the usual Ts & Cs. Heard of one PI with OMV of ard S$70+k to sell at that price. Not sure if it is the same one.

Care to share who it was?

timechaser;268014 said:
Care to share who it was?

Dunno.. it was in the papers. Just heard abt OMV over the rumormill

timechaser;268013 said:
Hey Rashed - if you are swapping that gorgeous XK - send me a PM ;)

Thanks TC. No, not swapping, love my car too much and it's only 12 months old! I was just thinking that this GT-R seems to be a technological 'tour de force' which simply must be had if any of the reports I've been reading are even mostly true. You have in effect a Nissan - yes a Nissan - that can quite literally snub its nose at the so-called European aristocrats. That includes my car - even with a special sports pack specially installed in the Coventry factory before it was shipped out (giving me an obscene 0-100kmh time- which is still half a second slower than the GT-R if the performance figures I've been reading are true). I find this little Japanese car simply astonishing - and fascinating. My only concern is that I am a comlete ignoramous when it comes to dealing with parallel importers here and so am uncomfortable going that route. I look forward to seeing how things develop with this car locally.

You might have to wait a long time though. Last I heard from Nissan (I am similarly skeptical of going PI to some extent) was that they had no plans whatsoever to bring the car in here.

I hear what you are saying about the performance figures. Given a 4 seconds estimate, I take it you have the XKR, and not the XK? :) Cant tell you how envious I am!

timechaser;268025 said:
You might have to wait a long time though. Last I heard from Nissan (I am similarly skeptical of going PI to some extent) was that they had no plans whatsoever to bring the car in here.

I hear what you are saying about the performance figures. Given a 4 seconds estimate, I take it you have the XKR, and not the XK? :) Cant tell you how envious I am!

Thanks TC. Yes, that's right with some "hidden extras" [cleared with LTA]. But I specifically requested Malayan to ensure that I don't get any of those hideous grilles, metal bits and badges that look so tacky on a Jag (and in my view hurts the flowing look of the car). That's also why I went for a conservative colour (liquid silver). In fact they only thing that might give the game away externally (if someone is bothered enough to look) are the special rims, tyres and brakes.

By the way, I thought the GT-R 0-100kmh time was 3.5 secs. I get 4 on mine every Sunday morning!

Yup - the GTR is 3.5

The "4 estimate" was for your car - which indicated the XKR.

Part of me always keeps wishing I hadnt moved here from the UK! Cars were bluddy cheap there!!!

timechaser;268028 said:
Yup - the GTR is 3.5

The "4 estimate" was for your car - which indicated the XKR.

Part of me always keeps wishing I hadnt moved here from the UK! Cars were bluddy cheap there!!!

I certainly second that. The cost of my car in the UK (with all the extras) would have been about GBP80k. I can't tell you what it came to in S$ by the time it got here (in case my wife reads this thread and leaves me once and for all) but let's just say I try not to think about it.

I was driving a CLK55AMG in the UK before I moved here, and my next upgrade wouldve been an AM (the wife was convinced, loved it etc. etc.). Here - cant even dream abt it.

Out of curiosity and if you dont mind sharing privately - mind sending me a PM with the cost?

Cheers ;)

timechaser;268061 said:
I was driving a CLK55AMG in the UK before I moved here, and my next upgrade wouldve been an AM (the wife was convinced, loved it etc. etc.). Here - cant even dream abt it.

Out of curiosity and if you dont mind sharing privately - mind sending me a PM with the cost?

Cheers ;)

CLK55AMG - nice. PM sent.

I believe a number of Porsches here are also from parallel import so it isn't unheard of :)

And I am not sure even if TC were to bring this in, they would have the right expertise to maintain and service the vehicle. There are pretty limited Nissan certified centres even in Japan that can handle the GT-R. A couple of the PIs here have access to tuning houses that can do the electronics and diagnostics part so that may end up a more convincing (at least to me) alternative :) But that usually means you probably want to stick to those PIs (with more realistic OMV and correspondingly higher selling prices) than some of these untested ones with low OMVs and lower tags.

You know, I wasn't sold on the Jag XK(R) from the initial photos.. but in the flesh the car looks a lot better, definitely more presence than the photo conveys.

DoggieHowser;268110 said:
You know, I wasn't sold on the Jag XK(R) from the initial photos.. but in the flesh the car looks a lot better, definitely more presence than the photo conveys.

Drive it. That's all I can say.

timechaser;268114 said:
Drive it. That's all I can say.

Cool :) hand me the keys.

I promise to be gentle.

:lol2:

TripleM;267472 said:
Base model ard 298k
Black premium model ard 308k

If u wish to find out more, u can look for Lee at GarageR. She just came back from Japan with some catalogue to show:)

Went to see Lee regarding my ride (not the GTR of course :D) and she showed me the pics and shared with me bout their experience of physically seeing the car for the first time and getting a lot of good info during the show.

Honestly...this is going to be one car thats going to give Nissan a big big name. A must have IMO...but for me if i could afford it...its gotta be the manual...wonder when.

Lee should have ordered 1 unit for herself! Test drive perhaps? :D

We are selling the R35 GTR Base model for $265k with COE.

* Terms & Conditions applied

I also like this car alot..........slurp........

'The Great White'

MazzyMan;268513 said:
Honestly...this is going to be one car thats going to give Nissan a big big name. A must have IMO...but for me if i could afford it...its gotta be the manual...wonder when.

Lee should have ordered 1 unit for herself! Test drive perhaps? :D

I can see it coming..Godzilla returns! I can't get it off my mind, honestly.

Yeah she did order one for herself. Not for test drive but I reckon she wont mind to take you for a spin. Maybe get the bro to drive haha..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back