Nissan GT-R Officially Revealed

Re: Nissan GT-R Officially Revealed

Congrats man! AWESOME!

Congrats, push back one month very lucky already. Order now delivery Mar -May...

bimmerbum;283662 said:
I've recently put down a deposit for a new GTR. Originally scheduled to arrive end Jan but this has been pushed back a month as I decided on a different colour. I'm guessing there must be at least one other person on this forum who has a confirmed booking for the new GTR. Could you please drop me a PM. Would be good to compare notes and meet up with we collect our cars.

Me and a buddy have booked a DMG and Pearl White, arriving in Feb and April. Looking forward to meeting you :)

right now I heard that there are 2 issues:

1) Factory recall for presumably hardware changes to the DSG transmission.
2) lack of proper emissions certificate (some PIs lack it) recognized by LTA so car cannot be homologated in Singapore

So if you buy take care of this.

centurion;283771 said:
right now I heard that there are 2 issues:

1) Factory recall for presumably hardware changes to the DSG transmission.
2) lack of proper emissions certificate (some PIs lack it) recognized by LTA so car cannot be homologated in Singapore

So if you buy take care of this.

Tks bro, I will check it out. Where did you get the information from?

Shaun;283374 said:
Thanks Erik just pointed out that it is gearing limited. Which is good because that doesn't disagree with the drag-power top speeds which are beyond that. Achievable assuming power width is sufficient for appropriate gearing.

Any info on where the downforce figures the other guy quoted came from appreciated, along with whether they concur with other sources and what those are too.

Downforce figures:
Downforce... - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

ulysses;283819 said:
Tks bro, I will check it out. Where did you get the information from?
some GTR owners, and prospective owners close to PIs who HAVE the exhaust certification .... so info is biased, but do check it out. The word is the emissions cert will not be traded until .... Feb 2008.

ulysses;283820 said:

Thanks Ulysses, and congrats on your purchase.

Ah so it is from SCC, that makes me feel better in a way because their mag is always full of error.. not uncommon to find 5 or 6 glaring errors just 2 minute skimming. Will wait for more official numbers or for a higher quality publication to report.

yes the black one still at commonwealth. there is a group buy going on......i think its less than 290k. i hear u will get ur car in june.

You guys down south are so lucky... just unveiled and so fast you guys are getting it

22122007019ex5.jpg

22122007012bw1.jpg

wot you tokkin, my Malaysian friend? It's unveiled for you too! coz, if you want a nice expensive non CKD car nowadays, best buy from SG, take a weekend plate, take it back to Malaysia drive forever. road tax and insurance everything cheaper, you save so much money this way.

bimmerbum;283662 said:
I've recently put down a deposit for a new GTR. Originally scheduled to arrive end Jan but this has been pushed back a month as I decided on a different colour. I'm guessing there must be at least one other person on this forum who has a confirmed booking for the new GTR. Could you please drop me a PM. Would be good to compare notes and meet up with we collect our cars.

Hi,

My fren and I are planning to place a deposit with one of the PIs to order 2 units. Will appreciate it if you could sms me so that I could find out some info from you before committing the purchase.

Cheers,
Jeff 96942949

I ordered mine directly fromfactory since I have the contact saved quite a far bit even though I have most of the option except the carpet. Would have got it earlier if I did not changed the colour.

Mind to sms me and I would like to find out more from you .... thanks.

tasmandevil;283879 said:
Hi, my wife also ordered hers in pearl white, with factory reverse monitor and led lights. Initially wanted to go with the black edition as she liked the two tone seats but the premium edition was too good to miss as the price difference is a few k, but come w bose system n theft system. Eta march 2008.

Johnson... from 2 black cars changing to 2 white cars!:cloud9:
Looking forward for the white GTR in our carpk! Swee.. Recently has been lookin at the red GTR in the Motoring Mag.... Drooling over it....

benz61;284778 said:
I ordered mine directly fromfactory since I have the contact saved quite a far bit even though I have most of the option except the carpet. Would have got it earlier if I did not changed the colour.

never mind, u buy one for me, i will buy you the carpet swee2x hahaha

DoggieHowser;284993 said:

Translation from another forum...

The new 3rd gen GT-R, CBA-R35 has parted with the Skyline name(2:00-)
Mizuno:We wanted to protect the GTRs essential heritage DNA; a rareness which bundles practicality and high preformance; it has been carrying since the 1st gen. Although the GTR has supercar performance, we wanted it to be multifunctional.

I mean "multi" in the car having stability/quickness racing at the Nur, allowing passengers to talk normally even at speeds of 300km/h, allowing you to enjoy performance driving even in the rain or snow, and at the same time allowing you to use the car practicaly on trips.

We also wanted to introduce a new "multi" in things like performance, build quality, aftercare, which are essential in making cars and customer hospitality. Simply put, we wanted to make a multi-performance supercar enjoyable for "anyone, anywhere, anytime".

-Impression on general roads(3:25-)
Kurosawa:Car is set to normal mode and feels a bit harsh, but it's not bad for this kind of (super)car. Lets set the dampers to comfort...doesnt change much, but its better than normal. I'm running on Sendai highland raceway's access road which is horrible, so being able to run like this here should be pretty good on normal paved roads.

K:I was a bit worried about wandering steering but it's not bad. Considering the car has 255/20 tyres its actually pretty good. It isnt the best sounding engine since its a V6 but its pretty quiet for its kind. Riding on these roads the seats are superb, rigidity is excellent, and the aerodynamics are great, stability is high. Nissan has nailed it and is a masterpiece.

-How can a 1740kg car run the Nur in 7:38? (6:00-)
Mizuno: Consequently, the car needs 1740kg to be this quick. To run the Nur in 7:30's - I'm saying 30's right now, I might be saying else next year (*Spec-V is scheduled in 2008) - the weight of 1740kgs is a must. Conventional transaxle had the engine and transmission coupled in one by a torque tube. But usually in a car there is a time lag between when you turn in and when the weight is applied to the rear tyres.

The ideal time gap is 0.2 seconds, and in order to achive that the engine and trasnmission were seperated apart.
The car uses the weight of the engine to turn the front tyres, while the transaxle weight is used when the rear tyres start gripping 0.2secs later. That is why we decided to use an independent transaxle system that seperates the engine and transmission connected by only 2 propeller shafts.

Since this is basically a FR car(*it only becomes AWD when necessary), in order to run quickly at the Nur, to run a fast 0-100km/h, its necessary to have the rear tyres gripping and applying coirrect force to the rear tyres. We first made the rear trasaxle specs needed to reach our goals, and then decided the engine spec/weight to balance the rear, which is the uniqueness of our Premium Midship package.

Kurosawa gives go in R-mode(5:23-)
K:OK, so I keep this(VDC switch) in this mode?
M:There are 3-modes for the VDC. This is the normal mode(less front torque, traction control:high) for normal users which you just ran the last lap, and when this light is red it's in R-mode(more front torque,traction control:low) which applies more front torque than the normal mode.

M:When you push down 2x, this is VDC off mode which cuts traction control. If you can, could you try a lap or two in R-mode and then at the main straight turn the VDC off.
K:Oh, so you can change the settings while running?
M:yes you can. Use them as you like.

Kk, this is fast.

In R-mode, with less traction control kicking in, the amount of traction steering increases allowing smoother and faster cornering. And now the VDC off mode. Thought the car shows a bit of oversteer, the limits are high. Even in the Sendai-Highland curciut infield section which is tough for heavy cars, need for turn-in angle is low and the car is stable. The car whips through the corners sensationally. A lap time of 2:03:90 was acheived in R-mode.

K: Well in these limited conditions, Id say there arent many negative things about it. For a car thats 1740kgs, it really stops, turns well and the traction is good. If the car handled traction better during the up's and down's of the curciut, it would become even better. But I'd have to say you guys seemed to have done a great job, better than I thought and I think the car is great.

-Are there any changes to the AWD system(3:53-)
M:We not only use the system for transfering torque from rear to front, but we use it to force the car turn the way it's steered. By combining the low center of gravity from the PM package with the all new AWD, we are now able to make the car turn in by using the driving force/torque.

M:With the Z, it was using the original AWD unit and getting the best out of it but still it was basically a FR car at the corners so the car had cornering Gs of 1.2-1.3G, whereas the new GT-R has additional inertial force from controling the center of gravity .The R35 can pull 1.8Gs on normal circuits and over 2Gs at places like the Nur. In terms of GTRs cornering Gs, you can see it's a foot in the area of racing cars.

Its time to check the GTR's abilities at a curcuit.With the car having excellent weight distribution and low center of gravity thanks to the PM package, the GT-R turns corners faster than an ordinary FR car. With the mission/damper/VDC all set to normal, Kurosawa goes on the curcuit for a check run.(its been 6yrs since his last run @Sendai)

(0:42-,K=Kurosawa M=Mizuno)
K:I'm going in....oohhh, the course is still wet(from yesterday's snow).

K:This is a well developed car... If the car was a bit more nimble through the left-right turn...but I can sort of understand the car torque steer....
Traction steer is a new cornering performance given to the R35 GT-R. Due to the excellent turning/acceleration ability, the car enables you to step on the gas and turn before reaching the clipping point.

K:hmmm...and the brakes are good too. The car is heavy at 1740kgs but they stop the car well.

Time of 2:07:05 achived on normal mode settings.
M:How was the car, how was the rigidity?
K:It didnt seem to have a problem here(Sendai), I dont know how it'll do at the Nur.
K:But the left-right combination turn after the chicane.....the car understeers badly. It would be better if there was more front grip when the car was going uphil, that could help counter understeer.

M:When traction control kicks in, the car get off the throttle and loses front torque which was actually helping the car turn in, hence the understeer. But with the normal settings, for normal drivers and driving around the city we think that this is better, having a bit of a safty margin.
K:yeah, I understand.

M:Now when the car is in R-mode or with VDC off, the front should have torque which should pull the car around the corners, sort of like the car assisting you with the torque.
K:I dont really know the course yet, so I'd like to save the rest of my comments for later.

VIDEO 3

(0:00-)
K:IWell, Nissan claims this car is a "Multi-perfomance supercar" which may seem to be a greedy, but overall I think they can claim so. What I was surprised most is that the road/tyre noise was reduced(from the previous GT-R?). This is a FR based AWD car and though the car felt like a FR most of the time, riding the GT-R through the west part of Sendai-highland I noticed that there was a bit of nasty understeer through the left-right uphil section.

K:I did tell the Nissan people about it, and with this high-tech AWD I wished it would have killed a bit of the understeer. In those conditions, the car felt like a AWD car with AWD-ish understeer showing up and it didnt feel that great. Thats a point I would like the them to refine. Also, personally, since I've drove a lot of cars at the Nur, if I had the chance I'd like to drive the GT-R there too.

BestMotoring's well known high-speed camera shots(2:34-)
To film the new R35 GT-Rs flat out run, we've pulled out a R33GT-R(*550hp fulltuned, ADVAN A048 265/35R18(GS) tyres) tuned by AutolandYamagata, a well known tuning company for Sedai-Highland raceway, as a camera car. The R35 GT-R was fitted with stock Dunlop RFTs. We told Gan-san that the camera car would adjust the gap so he just go flat out, but we never knew what was going to happen.

Kooooops. hey, I almost caught up with you....
Uh, Gan-san? We cant film you if you pass us ya understand? The camera car goes ahead braking into the corner, and we should get a great closeup shot of the R35.......errrr, the new GT-R passed the full-tuned camera car? So we had to give up our high-speed camera shots.....Gan-san goes on and dows his time attack of 2:02

That's about all the translation I've done. I'm too lazy and havent checked my work, sorry if I missed anything or if I screwed up. And I wont be doing anymore, obviously because I'm too lazy
icon_razz.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back