Nissan is a liar! - Porsche

Re: Nissan is a liar! - Porsche

Darth Vader;385128 said:
test drive both cars and see which one better,no need to get so technical.its not rocket science and we are not buying it to fly to mars.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You can see some scorching Sepang times if you are heading up to the track on the coming BMW trackday... Can judge whether Nissan was lying or not there...

there is no reference stock 997 TT there on the same day... and some of the GTRs are not stock :D Sepang is a very different track vs Nring too

I watched an extended interview in HD off my Gran Turismo TV yesterday (comes with GT5 Prologue) and the Polyphony boss interviewed Suzuki in Japanese with english subtitles.

According to Suzuki, when he set the 7:38 time they were not doing time attack, just a normal test run, like any other. They were trying for car setup - to `get the car in control'. After 1,000 laps in the n-ring he got this 7:38 time and he decided - finally the car is under control.

The entire 7:38 was shown on GT TV. Entire one. Seemed like `almost perfect' lap and true enough a better time was done later.

I saw the clip a few times, Suzuki was not evasive. The words were true. Their philosophy seemed to be, `the fastest suspension settings for n-ring is the final setting for production'. So indeed, the car is tuned for n-ring, for first shipments at least they used the n-ring suspension settings, but I think later they changed the settings to softer. And during all the testing I believe that no racing stuff was used, they tried to tune towards production car only. They seemed to be so tired of pounding round the ring, waiting for that magic time where the suspension and conditions tuned to the perfect time.

And the 7:38 seemed like a BIG LEAP from the other times they set, and remember, they did a thousand or more than a thousand laps to get the 7:38. Porsche probably did 20 or so. In the n-ring it is possible for everything to click and you get a super time. Suzuki attributed the fast paddle shift as the main contribution to a fast time on the ring, because the vertical G made it difficult to shift any other way, including sequential.

So all in all, I think porsche was wrong. They underestimated the Nissan effort to set a good time. For P, seems like their star Rorhl only tries like a few laps before signing off, nobody there dreams of taking a thousand laps for a certain car.

So Nissan's 7:38 seems to me TRUE, but it was indeed a most expensive effort.

hmm yah.. the longer and more technical the track, the more difficult it is to string together the perfect lap. Wonder how many laps the ZR1 made heahh

Shaun;385384 said:
hmm yah.. the longer and more technical the track, the more difficult it is to string together the perfect lap. Wonder how many laps the ZR1 made heahh
definitely not 1K laps. Only the japanese are capable of such mind numbing doggedness.

That being said, in the future, only this kind of doggedness for setup and frequency of lapping, will give you that kinda time. Plays to the Japanese strength.

If you break it down.. 1K laps equates to easily 128 hours on track, not including any sort of tweak time or anything like that.. wow. If you add just 2 hour of tweak time for every few hours out on track, its easy to reach over 200 hours total.

The GTR just set 1:09.46 at the TG Australia test track.

Tested so far:

911CS PDK 1:11.69
Lotus Elise 1:12.28
BMW M3 (manual) 1:13.40
CLS63 1:13.72

Eagerly awaiting some of the other supercars' numbers there. :eek:

the `good' tyres are 1 second per minute faster than the `bad' tyres used by Porsche.

If the Editor of Road and Track is correct, fresh orange to Porsche.

The R&T guy was saying 1-2 seconds per minute.. that's a lot

axl;385628 said:
The GTR just set 1:09.46 at the TG Australia test track.

Tested so far:

911CS PDK 1:11.69
Lotus Elise 1:12.28
BMW M3 (manual) 1:13.40
CLS63 1:13.72

Eagerly awaiting some of the other supercars' numbers there. :eek:

Simi Nissan is a liar....I say teck kok kia su buay kee.
911s cost double or triple as compared to GTR and handling/performance "almost equal" to GTR only still want to KPKB.
Now TK kia kong simi LJ wei...wrong tyres...I think that big mouth TK CB kia is engine-near instead of engineer, 911TT second best for now. Next round build a better car to beat GTR @ 1.5X GTR's cost (jipoon handicaps or gives chance to teck kok) then lim peh salute to him. Good is good..lau yah is lau yah...can not lie one!
GTR rules......

arsenal62 said:
Simi Nissan is a liar....I say teck kok kia su buay kee.
911s cost double or triple as compared to GTR and handling/performance "almost equal" to GTR only still want to KPKB.
Now TK kia kong simi LJ wei...wrong tyres...I think that big mouth TK CB kia is engine-near instead of engineer, 911TT second best for now. Next round build a better car to beat GTR @ 1.5X GTR's cost (jipoon handicaps or gives chance to teck kok) then lim peh salute to him. Good is good..lau yah is lau yah...can not lie one!
You sounded like Bobby Tay. No, you sounded like Tobynik. No, rex7_vtec? Orh Lulu? Who are you?

Frankly, whether Nissan is a liar or not, not important. What is more important - is the Nissan GTR still a good car even assuming Nissan lied?

kenn Nissan probably didn't lie outright, and Porsche didn't lie outright.

Simple as Road and Track put it: `don't put much credence in manufacturer's lap times, and even less so if manufacturer's lap times of another manufacturer's car'

Arsenal is a laojiao lah, this is his normal style.

Buy whatever that pull/attract ur heart and still does not burn your wallet totally unlike the stock mkt nowadays.

As long as u like what u purchase what others pple view or think is just plain bullshit to me.

Got money, I will get both GTR + 911 Turbo Cab.

Cayman GT3 RS with no compromises to 911 owners.. if they ever get around to making one :)

Skip the PDK option.
Tick the PASM option
Tick the Sports Chrono option
Tick the PCCB option
Tick the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup option

*shivers*

Heck, it'd probably give the 430 a big run for its money in PDK guise.

Yes to Cayman GT3 RS! ~400 hp in a liiight car would be lovely :D

Shaun;385813 said:
Yes to Cayman GT3 RS! ~400 hp in a liiight car would be lovely :D

Amen.

To someone who asked whether the GTR was a nice car or not - the only crib I have with the GTR is the weight... so a lighter car with 400hp, might not be faster than the awd GTR around the track but will certainly "feel" faster!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back