Hi Mate,
Lobang for 4D this weekend 1645.

Cheers

DSC02296.jpg

DSC02295.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Re: Official 2011 BMWSG Sepang Track Day thread

Damn, ulimate GTs...
one is 10 lappers one is 1 lapper....God is fair.

harold996tt;622545 said:
Mate, yeah will definitely change to 800 deg pads and use srf. But I still have little faith in the tranny and am not going to spend the 5k on a tranny cooler with no guarantees the tranny will be safe and still wait for the abs pump to fail or something else- the car is a time bomb waiting to happen if I track it the way I do the rs or Evo per Lester... And the car is still a heavy thing. Typically see Gtr drivers brake way before 200m because of the higher speeds the car will hit and the heavier speeds. No fun in just having a fast car on the straights that behaves like a beached whale around corners. Also the issue of significant understeer- will need to change wheel alignment and turn off tc. Think this is gonna really be just a boulevard cruiser... :(

Ok let me drive once, I ll brake at 200m.....
after all, we can only do ONE lap right so might as well optimize it..Phil says one

dave;622591 said:
Hi Mate,
Lobang for 4D this weekend 1645.

Cheers

hahaha... bet nothing comes out.

TripleM;622652 said:
Damn, ulimate GTs...
one is 10 lappers one is 1 lapper....God is fair.

KNN!!!! but think you are right....

totoseow;622550 said:
buy a SL ant brake at 150 la...

bro.... my salary not like yours ah!!!

TripleM;622655 said:
Ok let me drive once, I ll brake at 200m.....
after all, we can only do ONE lap right so might as well optimize it..Phil says one

200m before my house when i drunk ah. thanks smoothie taxi service.

Aye, your GTR be the reserve car during track day lo... like what a typical 'Top Gear backup car' during challenge series...

Racebred;619620 said:
Mar 6 TD: Reserves = S$4350 + RM2014,
Track fees = 41 paid cars (S$195 x 39 + 2 x RM450) + 5 extra drivers (S$45 x 2 + RM100 x 3),
Track rental = RM18000 @ 2.356 = S$7640
New reserve total = S$4405 + RM3214.

Total collection for May 7 Track day: S$195 x 39 + S$50 x 3 + RM450.

Therefore in summary: (S$12,160 + RM3,664) less RM18000 (S$7705.18 ) for track fee payment. (forex 2.33609)

Reserves as at this date: S$4,455 + RM3,664.

That's it for our club reserves accounting for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have 2 more issues for discussion.

1) Number of Sepang track days to book for 2012.

It is about time to start reserving dates for 2012. I believe the earlier we act, the better dates we can secure. We need not act now in May, but perhaps by the next time we go up to Sepang, which will be July 30. That will be a good time to start booking 2012 dates.

We have 5 dates for 2011. Is this number of track days okay, or do we want to up it to say 6? (meaning once every 2 months) Need your opinions.
Also, we do not know when the singapore track will be ready. I envision that we will have lesser Sepang track days when the SG track is up. But the question is when? Especially tricky when we have to book 2012 dates soon and lock them in.

2) Reserves for booking of SG track. I have a feeling that the track fees for the SG track could be possibly within the range of 2-5 times what we are paying for Sepang now. Should we slowly raise our reserve levels, perhaps by charging a small margin of say $10-$50 per car, to cater for this eventuality.
Also, is there a role to play for BMWSG for our local track? If they hold open track days, then people can just go anytime, diminishing the usefulness of a closed track day that BMWSG does. If there are no open track days, then all the more BMWSG need to cater funds for closed track day reservations.

Just some forward planning on my part. Although the events are far away, preparations and decision need to be made perhaps around now, for reaction time and smooth running. I will not make any decisions here. You guys vote/ discuss/ opine, then I will facilitate.

Shawn

Racebred;637919 said:
2) Reserves for booking of SG track. I have a feeling that the track fees for the SG track could be possibly within the range of 2-5 times what we are paying for Sepang now. Should we slowly raise our reserve levels, perhaps by charging a small margin of say $10-$50 per car, to cater for this eventuality.
Also, is there a role to play for BMWSG for our local track? If they hold open track days, then people can just go anytime, diminishing the usefulness of a closed track day that BMWSG does. If there are no open track days, then all the more BMWSG need to cater funds for closed track day reservations.

Just some forward planning on my part. Although the events are far away, preparations and decision need to be made perhaps around now, for reaction time and smooth running. I will not make any decisions here. You guys vote/ discuss/ opine, then I will facilitate.

Shawn

1) premature to discuss increasing reserves without knowing the exact fees, if the track operators require a down payment like SIC, if there will be open track days, if the track will be completed at all....

besides, you received near full payment for this may track day within what, a week of starting the thread? reaction time may not be such a big issue afterall.

2) people who track at SIC may not necessarily wish to track at our local circuit, given the potential higher cost. therefore the current contributors to the reserve fund may not be the subsequent beneficiaries. in other words, different circuit + different costs + different drivers = separate reserve fund needed.

I just noticed there were 45 people on the 7th May trackday list. I forgot, but how and when did the trackday grow from 40 cars to 45 cars?
Is it just me, or when you look at the cars out on track, does it seem that beyond the official list of 45, there is a second non-stated list of perhaps 5 or so cars? How are cars/drivers classified to be put on public list vs private list?

When people sign up for a trackday understanding that there are 40 cars, and they encounter say 50 cars, do they feel that that's not what they signed up for? Or do we state a tolerance like 40 cars +/- 5 cars so everyone signing up understands from the start?

TIA

Hi Shaun, usually the list is longer coz there are people who put the name down but have not paid during the registration period. The 40 slots are for the 1st 40 cars that paid up. And they then turn up at the track. I have no unofficial list. :)

Unless I am counting wrong off the list, weren't there like 43 paid, then there's Lung, you, Jeremy (if he could have woken and driven up), etc. so wasn't there like 45 with a potential 46?

Hi can you point out the additional 3? I didnt know Lung was coming. If Jeremy came he would be having coffee with Lung I suppose. Usually I dont take part in the track day because I have no time to. This track day there's only 1 latecomer so I could leave the table earlier, and this time I had employed a lot more help in conducting the orientation. So I had time to try out my car for 2 stints. I'm very sorry for that. I'll surely be voted out during the election.

hahah there's no election and you do a great job.. anyway it's understood in all clubs that organizers track for free lah (like in TCC, etc)

I'm wondering about non-organizers who are not on the list and how they get in without being on the list. Of course I'm not trying to make trouble for Jeremy or Lung, but just thinking about the open list moving forward. Like how did lung get in if he didn't pay beforehand? Jeremy he paid you? Or Jack?

For the sake of car counts how about everyone, paying or not, go on the list that makes up the 40? Then people signing up encounter what they expect? What does everyone think? Cheers

i think we operate on a friendly basis. bcos of my work i cannot commit until last minute. i was prepared to take my chances. i hv spoken to RB b3fore. the understanding is that, if it gets too crowded and people r not comfy.
RB has the right to reject me. on a personal note, suppose if a stranger turns up etc with nobody vouching for his driving, its fine for organisers to reject. otherwise im inclined to accept a few more cars. however if suddenly another 20 cars show up and we do not know about then its another story,

lets say we r friendly and i think thats how RB works. i suggest u talk to him on a personal level about it and accept that his responsibility is not an easy one. i will never put him in a position to accept me just because im a friend.

Ah ok..at no point have I ever thought that anyone would have an easy time organizing an event for 40 cars and drivers.

I think that in friendly situations and since Shawn is such a friendly person, that it will almost always end up "ok just one more". And just one more x6 = 6 more, and so on. It is always more difficult to say no to friends you've known for years, wealthy people with nice cars, strong personalities, etc. esp one to one and if they really are insistent. A complete newbie stranger, with no aggression, no power of influence, is much easier to turn away. So to avoid subjective calls made by one judge (the organizer), I just feel that all participants, old or new, personal friends or not, should be subject to the same sign up system as understood by all and as stated on the thread.

I also ask because there are other a few other trackday organizers that state 50, end up 70, etc. and it's a fairly slippery slope as everyone has a few good friends they want to pull in last min.

Mate I hope I'm not offending you or anyone else by suggesting this.. I'm just looking forward. Obviously I do not want to offend friends and clients like you and Lung, or Shawn.

All only my opinion... maybe the regular trackers can vote on this?

Cheers :)

I don't think its acceptable that the number goes beyond the original stated number of 40 cars.

I was not one of the first 40 to pay for the March 2011 track day and as a consequence I was flatly refused entry onto the list of participants. What, are we applying means testing to BMW TD participants now??

the way BMW sg forum and its track days have been run has always been on a friendly basis. its for this reason i believe many of us prefer to surf here n track with bmwSG.

my friends r here. my friends track here....so im happy to be here. i believe i speak for alot of people who goes to bmw track days. thats also the same reasons why you lot who takes tracking and lessons on bmwsg track day seriously choose to come to our track days.

as much as possible, we would want to set quotas. im totally for that. on the other hand, if we r to apply means testing and all that...and think just because we pay our money we deserve to be totally accountable to.....then i guess bmwsg track days will no longer be a friendly place. we might as well run it for profits.

we shud continue to hv rules....but we dun wanna b like the pap govt...

and to be fair, gerald s2k is also not on the list right? not just lung or jeremy.

gerald, not trying to piss you off either mate.

===

Anyway, I am prepared to do this for Lung, Jeremy, Gerald - and that is every trackday I will just go ahead and buy their slot for them first and put them on the list officially. If they can make it, great. If they can't, I will sell it to others, or if no one wants it, hope that the trackday is full enough that Shawn can refund me. If no refund is possible, then I will take the loss or try and work it out with them. This way it saves them the hassle while keeping the list clear... on?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back