Ohlins suspensions

Re: Ohlins suspensions

SUPAN;1021158 said:
??? Y kw club sports ? Good ?

awesome......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

tomace;1020475 said:
SUPAN, wont go wrong for Ohlins. Those available or popular ones are only entry level series.

Speak with them if you wish to go deeper.. From what I know, they can customise a set fits your driving lifestyle.

MTL (as ac323 always say) Cheers ~~ :)

ohlins can customise a set of coilover just according to the driver? can i ask if its customise settings or the entire set?
thanks..

sammo;1021178 said:
ohlins can customise a set of coilover just according to the driver? can i ask if its customise settings or the entire set?
thanks..

From what I know, Upper level are able to customise accordingly to driver's driving lifestyle.

I may be wrong thus best is to speak with them. Last known is close to 15k for a customise set for Swift Sports. :eek:

tomace;1022230 said:
From what I know, Upper level are able to customise accordingly to driver's driving lifestyle.

I may be wrong thus best is to speak with them. Last known is close to 15k for a customise set for Swift Sports. :eek:

But Supan always drive max 3k rpm.......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

supan what r u driving? this is serious $ stuff. oem for lambos. what r u after? u buy this assuming money no object. otherwise its better off with one of those KW clubsport stuff.

the ohlins r specially designed for very high temp use. high loads from cornering Gs. + actuators.

do u really need them?

In BMWMINI-SG, there is/was group buy for Mini.

S$3960 for e92+++

Basic model ... Worth it ?

KW V3 already close to $3k, ohlins worth it imo

SUPAN;1034644 said:
S$3960 for e92+++

Basic model ... Worth it ?

the straight answer is no. unless u r cornering n braking under serious loads...which in that case...with better rubber and a top notch suspension + suspension joint etc...u will warped ur chasis in no time if u r driving that way...

but to hao lian....its always worth it if u hv the money.

totoseow;1034648 said:
the straight answer is no. unless u r cornering n braking under serious loads...which in that case...with better rubber and a top notch suspension + suspension joint etc...u will warped ur chasis in no time if u r driving that way...

I tot ohlins can be comfortable when you are not pushing hard ?

And chassis really will warp if kenna tortured a lot ?

that's why I say if u r cruising aroun...then u dun need this.

last time when I first started tracking...everyone wanted semi slicks or full slicks...cos they push time down. there were a few friends who did that...but I always thought I wanted to modify driver first...so I never did.

one day I sawan acquaintance car who tracked more than anyone else. his bonnet lines ngaps cudnt close.....the tires he tracked on gave him so much lateral grip that his chasis had warped. the tires r made to corner high G forces....but the car chasis cudnt keep up. that's the logic.

totoseow;1034652 said:
that's why I say if u r cruising aroun...then u dun need this.

last time when I first started tracking...everyone wanted semi slicks or full slicks...cos they push time down. there were a few friends who did that...but I always thought I wanted to modify driver first...so I never did.

Ok, i get what you mean

totoseow;1034652 said:
one day I sawan acquaintance car who tracked more than anyone else. his bonnet lines ngaps cudnt close.....the tires he tracked on gave him so much lateral grip that his chasis had warped. the tires r made to corner high G forces....but the car chasis cudnt keep up. that's the logic.

Wow, that's serious ..... haha
I had this idea that our cars body is much stronger than the force generated by even the best tire, i was wrong.

totoseow;1034648 said:

Thanks senior advise.

Kw v3 then would be a better choice ?

they prob are quite strong now....but prolonged track use on racing tires n suspension will eventually twist ur cars chasis. I think any of those bilsteins ke clubs sports shud work. im just telling u to save money..if u dun drive like u r racing whole day...go for ohlins...if no object.

also explaining to u why they r expensive....strong. cant take heat from engine bay..etc...way more than we need in normal road cars.

to add....if I modify road cars again for some track use....in my life. in the following order.
1. lighter wheels. 2. suspension. 3 brakes. 4. exos for sound....no touching of engine.

totoseow;1034660 said:
they prob are quite strong now....but prolonged track use on racing tires n suspension will eventually twist ur cars chasis. I think any of those bilsteins ke clubs sports shud work. im just telling u to save money..if u dun drive like u r racing whole day...go for ohlins...if no object.

also explaining to u why they r expensive....strong. cant take heat from engine bay..etc...way more than we need in normal road cars.

to add....if I modify road cars again for some track use....in my life. in the following order.
1. lighter wheels. 2. suspension. 3 brakes. 4. exos for sound....no touching of engine.

Thanks senior guide.

On prodrive rims, brembo gt 6/4, Fmic, cp, performance exos so now need a decent suspension b4 going for m3 undercarriage.

I go for a depth comparison for the basic ohlins vs kw v3 then decide.

Thanks a million for the guide.

if u wanna track it..go for the best suspension....n thenu realize tires cut u 3 seconds! n then u realize proper driving training u spend 2k...u improve 10 seconds! haha...if u wanna get to that stage call me...I will guide u to the best guy in town for 2k....and another 1k for race logic. after that.,...M3 u do 2:35

hi, other than the above suggested shop, u can aso give a call to GAN MOTORSPORTS, 90080805.
they brought in n fix 3 sets of ohlins on my Evo X frds.

call n inquire. tell ah gan tat evo forum say got discount one.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back