Ohlins suspensions

Re: Ohlins suspensions

panaracer;1034687 said:
hi, other than the above suggested shop, u can aso give a call to GAN MOTORSPORTS, 90080805.
they brought in n fix 3 sets of ohlins on my Evo X frds.

call n inquire. tell ah gan tat evo forum say got discount one.

Hoe seh bo pana.cl7 westsiders here ... Should say ex cl7

totoseow;1034674 said:
and stop fking calling me senior!

Ok young master ...

i just ordered the Ohlins Road & Track setup for my M3 but the part number is BMS I40. Heard many reviews that this setup has the most comfortable ride of any coilover setup due to the DFV technology (dual flow valve), and still able to perform well on track.

Will post a review in a couple of weeks when it comes in if you are interested. For the BMS I00, the RRP is US$2599, so the local agent pricing is quite competitive at SGD$3690 especially when you factor in shipping costs, and best part they have it in stock so no need to wait at all.

My set RRP USD$3159 but local agent quoted $53xx. So with shipping its still cheaper for me to indent myself.

I was seriously considering KW clubsport also but many said Ohlins will be far superior. At around $1k more than the KW I decided to try the Ohlins. I see the photo already lao nua

8583875617_4e7cb7aeeb_b.jpg

oh yah forgot important thing to note is the KW clubsport comes with front camber plates built in, The Ohlins have to buy separately which will add another $500-600 but I already have that and able to transplant over to the Ohlins.

Btw each servicing is 600-1200 !!!

50k for normal drive and 20k for track

Servicing ? And 600-1200 each time !!
Ok, in that case i will vote for KW.

BTW, KW need servicing or not ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason8822;1034750 said:
Servicing ? And 600-1200 each time !!
Ok, in that case i will vote for KW.

BTW, KW need servicing or not ?

All coilover needs servicing !!

Red_Bean_Bun;1034756 said:
What do they do in a coilover servicing ?

Never went service before but according to fk or bilstein my last 2 brands, was said to replace n service internals to chk oil leaks, bearings etc ..

yeah all coilover need servicing
by mileage 80k i change car liao ... heng ar ... no $$ to service coilover ... humble

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;1034762 said:
yeah all coilover need servicing
by mileage 80k i change car liao
heng ar ... no $$ to service coilover ... humble

doesnt quite match.....................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Looks not too important ... Important is the feeling on road n how it take corners...
Lastly is the cost factor.

Any seniors could guide how to coil a good coil ? From 1st car till now I only know hearsay this good n read reviews... Is there some numerical data to compare ? Or just personal liking ?

To me all feel the same on SG road. Only on track can feel difference.

SG road how to stress the coilover ? Too many road imperfections .......

SUPAN;1034808 said:
Looks not too important ... Important is the feeling on road n how it take corners...
Lastly is the cost factor.

Any seniors could guide how to coil a good coil ? From 1st car till now I only know hearsay this good n read reviews... Is there some numerical data to compare ? Or just personal liking ?

SUPAN;1034731 said:
Hoe seh bo pana.cl7 westsiders here ... Should say ex cl7
Hey! I'm fine. Of course hoe say la! If not how to tcss here?
Cheers!

Actually it's precisely due to the fact that there are road imperfections that you will be able to see how a good set of suspension can absorb the bumps best. A racing suspension with high spring rate and damping will make your teeth shatter as you go over the bumps. This is where I heard the the ohlins will excel over anything else. Many have reviewed that it is the most comfortable after aftermarket suspension setup they have ever tried. Bear in mind I said aftermarket because of course stock suspension is always going to be most comfortable.

If all the roads are smooth 100% with no bumps then cars will not need suspension.

JuzMe;1034788 said:
Came across these pix to further poison you!
View attachment 55012View attachment 55013

Hi can pm me where u got these ? Or order from ?
Was quoted 3800 incl installation plus delivery.

Understand abv is Swiss set. Got Japan manufacture set going 800 cheaper.

True ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back