Overhaul Transmission - Sep 2006 E90 320 PFL

Re: Overhaul Transmission - Sep 2006 E90 320 PFL

I don't think is so simple. I ever that out the arm rest console and put insulation and fix back. The rattle sound have gone away a few weeks later the sound came back. Now i suspect is the gearbox mounting, this weekend i going back my workshop check it out.

ok guys with center console rattle, i think i could have solve my problem the problem, it could be the red wire under the gear shif that rattle. try open up the gear shif and wrap up the red wire. should solve the problem, will monitor on this.

canuck78;945211 said:
Possibly something loose or not fixed perfect, gotta take out and eliminate one by one.

Or it could be frictional noise (caused by parts to parts abrasion), this one can go auto-bac buy the dash anti-friction spray.

Hi Bro,

Possible to PM me the contract? Thanks.

I get that when traveling at 80kmh and then I switch to reverse gear ......

Scottycoco;836124 said:
After changing the solenoid. Jerking before stop solved. But now there is a cranking sound when gear change from 2-3 gear (40-60 km/ hr). Any bro can advise how to solve this .

Today I was cursing around 100km/h and suddenly I fetch a jerk and the car seem like loose power, then the rpm shoot up and the jerk come again. After a while the gearbox fault code came up, does anyone encounter this problem?

Bring to workshop and do a tranny reset, and prays that it holds.

If after numerous reset doesn't work, then your tranny up lorry and only solution is to overhaul it (possibly the valve body since it's hunting up and down at high speed some-more).

Anthony Lim;947581 said:
Today I was cursing around 100km/h and suddenly I fetch a jerk and the car seem like loose power, then the rpm shoot up and the jerk come again. After a while the gearbox fault code came up, does anyone encounter this problem?

i try to change atf and reset,after 2weeks ,comes back again.

Sounds like major issue ... get it chk by expert liao ...

Problem solve. Change the valvetronic and megatronic now car is smooth and powerful.

Anthony Lim;949996 said:
Problem solve. Change the valvetronic and megatronic now car is smooth and powerful.

bro,can tell us wat is the damage? why need to replace valvetronic?wat is that

Valvetronic is the vanos motor, motor worn off and engine no power so need to replace.
Total damage is about 4k+

bro,any signs or systoms to show that the valvetronic is spoil.wat is the cost of the valvetronic

Systom is fuel consumption is higher and no power. Sometime the engine check light will come out, when you do a obd scan at the workshop It will tell you what need to be replace.

thanks bro for sharing

Anthony Lim;950007 said:
Valvetronic is the vanos motor, motor worn off and engine no power so need to replace.
Total damage is about 4k+

4k+ for valvetronic replacement sounds expensive!!

The motor is about $340.... labour depends on where you do it.... I had the intermittent CEL light issue a while back. Valvetronic motor replacement and cleaning up the camshaft did the trick for me... no more CEL now...

Last edited by a moderator:

lkm;950037 said:
4k+ for valvetronic replacement sounds expensive!!

read again ... it is total damage
valvetronic ie: motor and sensor ($1k) + mechatronic ie: solenoid + valvebody ($3k)= $4k+ is ok

wt_know;950038 said:
read again ... it is total damage
valvetronic ie: motor and sensor ($1k) + mechatronic ie: solenoid + valvebody ($3k)= $4k+ is ok

I think it is my turn. When I was accelerating, rpm could go up til 3K+ but the car was moving like a tortoise.
Something like driving your car with handbrake ON or even worst...Going to find master next week, hopefully can find out the real problem and change whatever is necessary. So far no CEL....and it doesn't happen all the time.. Headache

Just wondering any bros here actually drive without a need to overhaul/recon their trans beyond the quoted 120k km? :errmm:

pengful;782806 said:
Pretty fast hand, fast leg the workshop I must say. Dropped off at around 11 am and picked up at 5.30 pm... half a day's work!

One thing that is obviously missing is the JERK! Car no longer jerks when coming to stops but because I have been feeling those jerks for so long, no jerks feel so unreal. The transmission runs smooth now, no intermittent breaks between gear changes and no ERROR CODES! Then again, I will continue to monitor for a few more weeks. It is like a huge stone taken off my shoulders as I had always feared that the transmission will kaput and leave you in the middle of the road when you least expects it. With the money spent, I will not look at the new 3 or 5 until the next few years (I hope) or until the COE comes down to a reasonable level, like $15K for Cat B. What goes up must come down, right?

Before I left the workship, I was shown the old innards of the transmission assembly; seals, clutch, solenoids, oil pan seperator panels, etc, which were either hardened or worn out. At least, all that were replaced with new ones. Warranty given was 6 months but they will extend another 6 months if you go back for an oil change before the 1st 6 months is up.

That's all folks. If you need the contact, pm me.

Hi Bro,

Can PM me the workshop. My transmission kaput and have to get to it replaced...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaajilicomph1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back