Overseas Drive - Malacca 31st Mar 2007

Re: Overseas Drive - Malacca 31st Mar 2007

Hi Cec,nice to meet you at the meet up,not much preparation for your car if you have all along maintain it quite well,just a routine check by the mechanic will do.But for me,tyre must be in good condition,brakes component must be in good cond too.Cheers

ok, thanks. i'll get my tyres checked before the trip.

Oversea Drive - Malacca on 31 Mar 07

01. Babe
02. Jin Teck
03. Coolacid
04. Rex7vtec
05.lexibabe
06.Mockngbrd (Proceed to KL - Traders Hotel)
007.RaptureM3
08. Dave ( 1 nite malaka)[/quote]
09. Cec (need walkie talkie)
10. SEI + Terry (1 car)
11.nurburging (bringing a friend along)

01. Babe
02. Jin Teck
03. Coolacid
04. Rex7vtec
05.lexibabe
06.Mockngbrd (Proceed to KL - Traders Hotel)
007.RaptureM3
10. SEI + Terry (1 car)
12.nicholastan91(dunno which car to follow..might be SEI or M_POW3R)

01. Babe
02. Jin Teck (need walkie talkie, return on 31/3)
03. Coolacid
04. Rex7vtec
05.lexibabe
06.Mockngbrd (Proceed to KL - Traders Hotel) (need walkie)
007.RaptureM3
10. SEI + Terry (1 car)
12.nicholastan91(dunno which car to follow..might be SEI or M_POW3R)

lexibabe;186330 said:
so are we going to stay overnite anywhere?

Hi lexibabe.. guess not many of us will stay overnite.. except mock and dave i guess..

Its really nice to see more ppl going.. :) As for wat to check abt the car.. i guess engine oil, brake fluid, radiator coolant and tyre pressure.. if you are not sure whether your car is in good condition, may be a proper check by the mechanic will be good.. guess tats about it.. anyone pls advise if i miss out anything.. :yummie:

Will update u guys more info tomorrow once the list is confirmed ya.. time for me to source walkie talkie... hee.. anyway... see u guys this sat... :laughlik:

so the leisure or f&f still on or not? LOL

babe;186510 said:
Hi lexibabe.. guess not many of us will stay overnite.. except mock and dave i guess..

Its really nice to see more ppl going.. :) As for wat to check abt the car.. i guess engine oil, brake fluid, radiator coolant and tyre pressure.. if you are not sure whether your car is in good condition, may be a proper check by the mechanic will be good.. guess tats about it.. anyone pls advise if i miss out anything.. :yummie:

Will update u guys more info tomorrow once the list is confirmed ya.. time for me to source walkie talkie... hee.. anyway... see u guys this sat... :laughlik:

hmm... what abt those who are not driving down? how?

Terry;186562 said:
so the leisure or f&f still on or not? LOL

haha... someone just told me yesterday nite that he doesn't dare to follow Terry or Sei.. they r not F&F.. they r TFTF....haha.. go and guess who tat person is.. i heard there are a lot of road works going on now at NS highway..3 lanes can go down to 1 lane.. so i will advise all to drive safe.. if u want to F&F.. u might want to stay at the back of the convoy or leave the convoy and drive on ur own.. we will meet halfway for morning break and meet lunch at malacca.. cos some might not be comfy to drive at that kind of speed... :)

lexibabe;186579 said:
hmm... what abt those who are not driving down? how?
hi lexibabe.. i am asking around right now.. will let u know later ya..

just curious.. r u guys interested to stop at JB for dinner? taman sentosa? thy got very cheap and nice seafood and bak kut teh but at a hawker centre.. not sure u guys interested.. if yes.. i will plan it into the itineary...

taman sentosa the hawkers there all chop singaporeans,don;t think is cheap,if really wana have seafood,i can recommend afew place where its situated at the seaside,or we can opt to go around taman pelangi area where there's a japanese restaurant offering buffet at RM40,cheap compare to here.Just my 2 cents worth of suggestions,you decide,babe.

UPDATE!!!

Itineary

8AM: Meet at Raffles Marina
Briefing
8:30AM: Move off
Toilet/Kopi break at Machap
11:30AM: Exit Ayer Keloh to Malacca town
Sightseeing/Shopping
3:30PM: Move back to Singapore

I have attached a map (in case you don't know where is raffles marina). We will have Peranakan food for lunch, there is a very big carpark behind. After lunch, we will do some sightseeing, can go either Afamosa or visit antique shops. Then teabreak eat chengdol and go local shop buy pineapple tarts and etc. We will move off around 3PM and should reach around 5pm. As for dinner at seaside restaurant or drive directly back to singapore, we will discuss on tat day, seems like diff people have diff view.

Things to prepare before the day

1. Check your car (Engine Oil, radiator coolant, brake fluid, tyre pressure)
2. Pump Petrol (at least 3/4 tank)
3. Bring Ringgit (Toll charges should be ard RM$70 total and food/shopping depends)
4. Bring Walkie Talkie (fully recharged)
5. Bring passport

I have managed to secure 4 extra walkie talkies. And some ppl r asking what kind of speed we are doing, we will do some breifing on tat morning and how we are going to do the convoy ya..

Anything else that i miss out?

01. Babe
03. Coolacid
04. Rex7vtec
05.lexibabe
007.RaptureM3
10. SEI + Terry + Nicholastan91 (1 car):D(M_POW3R not going)

01. Babe
03. Coolacid
04. Rex7vtec
05.lexibabe
007.RaptureM3
10. SEI + Terry + Nicholastan91 (1 car):D(M_POW3R not going)
11.nurburging (bringing a friend along
12. Jewell_sg ( All e way 2 KL) (don't know which hotel) ( need walkie)

Jewell_sg;186852 said:
I think we should stay in same hotel when we r in KL. Is convenient for every1.

Hi Jewel

only u and mock r going KL, he is staying at Traders Hotel.. :)

abit late to secure Traders now without paying rack rate...

shall i say...its full now...

spacer.gif

hahaha you guys are 1 day early...

Pre-race demonstration run for BMW Sauber
BMW Sauber drivers Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica will get behind the wheel of the F1.07 in the Malaysian city of Malacca on Sunday as part of the team’s build-up to the following weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix.

Heidfeld and Kubica will come together with their BMW colleagues in the historic old town and will demonstrate the team’s 2007 Formula One machine on the Malacca trade fair site.

The run marks the start of busy week of PR commitments for the BMW Sauber duo. As well as the obligatory interviews and photoshoots, they will be visiting the park behind Kuala Lumpur’s famous twin towers where, on Wednesday evening, the BMW Sauber F1 Team Pit Lane Park will open to the public.

Over the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend, BMW Sauber test driver Timo Glock will take the F1.07 for a spin in the Pit Lane Park, giving local fans another chance to witness up close a current Formula One car in action.

Calling Nurbingring1388,

u r most familiar with the place, need your help... pilotsnoopy will be coming down from KL joining us to Malacca, where is the best place to meet him? After Ayer Keloh Exit? he doesn't know the way to Malacca town, so we have to meet him somewhere near the expressway.

What time is he meeting us?From KL he can exit Ayer Keloh,after the toll,there's quite a few prominent landmark to meet,the zoo is the first,follow by jusco shopping centre.we can contact each other on that day.Cheers

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back