PML's after sale service (or lack of it)

Re: PML's after sale service (or lack of it)

Hi Guys,

Please be extremely careful of purchasing pre-owned car with PPSL, i was shocked today when i found out that the car that i had purchased less than a month with PPSL and was informed that it is accident-free. Come to realise that, it had an accident before which was informed by PML Salesperson. Totally dissapointed with such services which was supposed to be premium and reliable. As you can see from the above that i have experience a lot of issues just less than a month of purchasing the car.

Seems many of us been through really tough time with pml as I did before .. Think I should not had blamed myself again for buying a pml car as this is what pml always say " it's normal " and it's normal to go through all theses normal experience with them .. Lucky I have no more warranty with them and need not look back again ...

DSB;1088371 said:
If tio TOTO can consider the X5 M50d from MA...
If tio Toto, I say bye bye to this little red dot.

Humphreyjp;1088536 said:
Hi Guys,

Please be extremely careful of purchasing pre-owned car with PPSL, i was shocked today when i found out that the car that i had purchased less than a month with PPSL and was informed that it is accident-free. Come to realise that, it had an accident before which was informed by PML Salesperson. Totally dissapointed with such services which was supposed to be premium and reliable. As you can see from the above that i have experience a lot of issues just less than a month of purchasing the car.

Sorry to hear...

But again, OT... Because we are talking about after sales at PML.

davidtch;1088523 said:
The best solution is:
S E L L

Otherwise, go to MA. Or get 1 of site sponsor to diagnose the problem & asked PML to fix it.

The trouble was isolated to the engine rear main seal (aka crank seal) thanks to a chief mechanic from a BMW dealer in US. They had to replaced several RMS for N55 engines from 2011-2012 which involved removing the entire transmission. PML replaced the belt/pulleys despite me telling them its got nothing to do with the belt and pulleys. I wonder how BMW Asia feels about having to 'pay' for replacement parts that shouldn't have been replaced.

According to PML, this is 'new' to them although I've heard other BMWs with N55 engines in Singapore making similar howl/squeal during idle.

Some folks asked how it sounds like. Here's a video of the noise the car makes on a bad day when the engine is literally howling:

BMW X3 F25 - Leaking Rear Main Seal in N55 engine on Vimeo

[video=vimeo;98838753]https://vimeo.com/98838753[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

I almost gave up my BMW until I discover that there are very good BMW workshops (sponsers here) in Singapore. So I always paid them for diagnosis and go back to PML to claim warranty. No sweat. When the warranty is over, you can go to any reputable sponsers here and you will find that your BMW will not Bring you More Worries.

The number of times WS misdiagnose for us to pay for parts we don't need - countless........

At least you did your own research ..... You are being a nice guy ....... Perhaps get the other WS to help provide some guidance for you to talk to PML next time ........

DSB;1088568 said:
The trouble was isolated to the engine rear main seal (aka crank seal) thanks to a chief mechanic from a BMW dealer in US. They had to replaced several RMS for N55 engines from 2011-2012 which involved removing the entire transmission. PML replaced the belt/pulleys despite me telling them its got nothing to do with the belt and pulleys. I wonder how BMW Asia feels about having to 'pay' for replacement parts that shouldn't have been replaced.

According to PML, this is 'new' to them although I've heard other BMWs with N55 engines in Singapore making similar howl/squeal during idle.

Some folks asked how it sounds like. Here's a video of the noise the car makes on a bad day when the engine is literally howling:

[video=vimeo;98838753]https://vimeo.com/98838753[/video]

Got the car back. No more squealing during idle (for now) but theres a different noise (like metal grinding) when the car is stopping. Sending the car to a workshop that isn't run by monkeys next week.

All I can say is, save yourself the after sale nightmare of having to deal with their workshop antics, DON'T BUY A BMW FROM PERFORMANCE MOTORS. Save the $30-50k and get a PI unit. The kind of premium you pay PML you can spend it on lots of aftermarket goodies for your car.

My PI bmw is also N55 engine and it is almost 3 years old now with zero issues so far. The saving was a very substantial 40k when i bought it brand new and like what you say i am glad i didn't buy it from PML after hearing all the horror stories here and from my friends.

DSB;1088698 said:
Got the car back. No more squealing during idle (for now) but theres a different noise (like metal grinding) when the car is stopping. Sending the car to a workshop that isn't run by monkeys next week.

All I can say is, save yourself the after sale nightmare of having to deal with their workshop antics, DON'T BUY A BMW FROM PERFORMANCE MOTORS. Save the $30-50k and get a PI unit. The kind of premium you pay PML you can spend it on lots of aftermarket goodies for your car.

On a separate note, anyone have anything to say about Eurokar's service? In particular their 5 years warranty and maintenance for porsche.

Last edited by a moderator:

DSB;1088473 said:
Granted intermittent issues are harder to resolve, but somehow PML service centre staff just don't seem motivated enough to want to fix the problem nor is there any urgency to do so (with the exception of a demand letter).
if they try to solve it,more work for them. so many just take the easy way out

DSB;1088473 said:
Granted intermittent issues are harder to resolve, but somehow PML service centre staff just don't seem motivated enough to want to fix the problem nor is there any urgency to do so (with the exception of a demand letter).
DSB;1088473 said:

playstation76;1088703 said:

Quite apparently thats what they're trying to do... and deliberately sitting on the car for days to discourage customers from sending their car in to troubleshoot issues. Such silly antics only drive more people towards other brands or PI dealers.

DSB;1088707 said:
Quite apparently thats what they're trying to do... and deliberately sitting on the car for days to discourage customers from sending their car in to troubleshoot issues. Such silly antics only drive more people towards other brands or PI dealers.
such antics will not affect their sales unless the media report it.recently papers report that vw cars suck, this will definitely affect sales

I find eurokars service not bad at all ......

helbreath;1088702 said:
My PI bmw is also N55 engine and it is almost 3 years old now with zero issues so far. The saving was a very substantial 40k when i bought it brand new and like what you say i am glad i didn't buy it from PML after hearing all the horror stories here and from my friends.

On a separate note, anyone have anything to say about Eurokar's service? In particular their 5 years warranty and maintenance for porsche.

How is Wearne's after sales service? Test drove the Jag XF 2.0t today. Damn elegant car and power not bad. 241bhp.

Red_Bean_Bun;1088727 said:
I find eurokars service not bad at all ......

Nice to know... considering the Macan Turbo after this X3...

pengful;1088812 said:
How is Wearne's after sales service? Test drove the Jag XF 2.0t today. Damn elegant car and power not bad. 241bhp.
Wearnes is super. Sales rep actually picks up and delivers my wife's Ford Focus for every servicing. Don't get this kind of service for my BMW which costs twice as much. Sigh...

Wearnes thus far has the best after sales having owned cars from VW, Audi, Volvo and now PML's BMW. Amongst all these Conti brand, I can safely say that PML's after sales is the worst based on what I have experienced thus far.

Like I tell most of my family and friends, BMW is a wonderful car to drive but PML (represented by the staff) is the worst dealers I have ever dealt with! As a result, if I were to change in the next couple of years, unless there is a new dealer (maybe MA?) or PML's service improves, it will be the last BMW for me :|!

pengful;1088812 said:

Wow; Macan Turbo is a beast! I contemplated the Macan S and in fact placed a deposit for it back in Feb but canceled after careful consideration of what type of car I wanted - not a SUV but more a coupe! Launch has been scheduled first week of July so you get to see it soon!

DSB;1088821 said:
Nice to know... considering the Macan Turbo after this X3...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back