PML's after sale service (or lack of it)

Re: PML's after sale service (or lack of it)

the slogan is ... 1 time is not enough ... please send in several times ...

Last edited by a moderator:

clifford2828;1091256 said:
Hi Guys,

I came across this thread and really couldn't agree about the after sales service of PML. My horror experience with them starts from the very 1st month of owning a brand new car.

My car has been having a loud "tok" sound from the rear since a few weeks of ownership and when I brought this to their attention. I did not believe I was buying a car from a BMW authorised agent when they pushed the problem to all the things I have installed to the car.

They can hilariously say that the sound came from my baby seat (previously was on my Audi A7 and not a single problem!) and my car has been into their workshop for nearly a month now without providing me with any solution and where the problem came from). And after I myself have verified with them it does not come from my child seat, the next they pushed it to my after market rims and say because its out of BMW specifications!!!

Again, I then have to prove to them again that the rims are not the problem and the GM still have the guts to send me a black and white stating that the sound came on because of my after market rims. My car has visited their workshop for a total duration of 4 times and nearly a month (now still there)!

Even if there are still many people buying cars from authorised agents but I always believe that word of mouth are way stronger than branding especially in Singapore, our cars are considered luxury products. Who will want to pay 40K more to one authorised agent if the customers are not well taken care of? What difference are they vs parallel importers except holding the title of an authorised dealer? Another BMW? maybe not...

That sounds quite typical... PML trying to fob off the "problem" to anything else you have installed in the car. Fortunately aside from the air freshener and dashcam, everything else is stock BMW. But in my case even that does not stop them from blaming the rotary screeching noise on the original brakes... when the car isn't even moving!

Thanks to this nasty experience with PML, I won't be buying another BMW. EVER. There are plenty of performance SUVs on the market now and they have MUCH better after sales support.

wt_know;1091257 said:
the slogan is ... 1 time is not enough ... please send in several times ...

And if several times no enough, send demand letter from lawyer.

Update (13 July 2014, Monday - 4 weeks the car has been in their workshop!):

Took the car back, SA and technician told me the noise sounded like it came from the front brakes...TWO WEEKS the car was in and nothing was done to resolve it. Nevermind I took the tech on a test drive and he heard the rotary screeching noise coming from the engine when the engine cuts off (auto start stop) just after the car has come to a complete standstill, or the rotary noise thats obviously rotating faster than the wheels when braking.

Sent the car elsewhere to have the front rotors and pads replaced at 51,000km (front pads were replaced at 36,000), just to end the argument about noise coming from the brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buy from MA, better support.

DSB;1091509 said:
Thanks to this nasty experience with PML, I won't be buying another BMW. EVER. There are plenty of performance SUVs on the market now and they have MUCH better after sales support.

Actually the name says it all.

Performance Motors Limited. Not Performance Service Limited.

A better name is Performance Limited.

kenntona;1091525 said:
Actually the name says it all.

Performance Motors Limited. Not Performance Service Limited.

A better name is Performance Limited.

Its definitely non-performance of their aftersale service agreement.

Here's how it sound like when revving the engine (sounds like 'ringing' when the tacho hits 1k rpm).

Does it seem normal to you?

Recorded from dashboard:

[video=vimeo;100962319]https://vimeo.com/100962319[/video]

Under the chassis:

[video=vimeo;100962317]https://vimeo.com/100962317[/video]

Sorry but can't help saying "hello, who's calling :)"!

Sounds abnormal to me...

DSB;1091546 said:
Here's how it sound like when revving the engine (sounds like 'ringing' when the tacho hits 1k rpm).

Does it seem normal to you?

Recorded from dashboard:

[video=vimeo;100962319]https://vimeo.com/100962319[/video]

Under the chassis:

[video=vimeo;100962317]https://vimeo.com/100962317[/video]

twtan;1091590 said:
Sorry but can't help saying "hello, who's calling :)"!

Sounds abnormal to me...

Engine makes that screeching noise when the car is coming to a halt. PML tech heard it during the test drive, but after leaving the car at PML for TWO WEEKS, they can tell me its the brakes! Obviously PML isn't keen to service the car AT ALL, and resorting to all kinds of BS excuses and antics to wear out the customer.

Brakes :shock:?? But you were not even applying brakes in those 2 video clips :huhhuh:?!?

DSB;1091594 said:
Engine makes that screeching noise when the car is coming to a halt. PML tech heard it during the test drive, but after leaving the car at PML for TWO WEEKS, they can tell me its the brakes! Obviously PML isn't keen to service the car AT ALL, and resorting to all kinds of BS excuses and antics to wear out the customer.

twtan;1091597 said:
Brakes :shock:?? But you were not even applying brakes in those 2 video clips :huhhuh:?!?

The car is in P when it makes that screeching noise, but somehow the PML geniuses can tell me its the brake rotors! They actually had the gall to ask for $1.2k to replace the front brake rotors and pads, when its obvious even to a retarded monkey that the noise was clearly coming from the engine! Obviously they are very reluctant to work on the car as its an in-warranty repair and are finding ways to fleece the customer.

Will you consider sending it to site esponsors to fix the problem?
I mean you have been through hell months and still carrying the problem, would it be better to just spend some money to get it fix then to continue the misery?

The Guardian;1091674 said:
Will you consider sending it to site esponsors to fix the problem?
I mean you have been through hell months and still carrying the problem, would it be better to just spend some money to get it fix then to continue the misery?

I probably would. And make PML pay for it. Wonder if any of the site sponsors have come across similar problems...

for this type of illness..... I can only trust Rodney. R2D. get him personally check for u.

jonleeck;1091678 said:
for this type of illness..... I can only trust Rodney. R2D. get him personally check for u.

Good! We Sell... !
Bad! We tell......!

;)

playstation76;1091786 said:
Promoting again?

izzit?.... when was the last time?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts