• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

PPSL at Kampung Arang

Re: PPSL at Kampung Arang

Hi forummers,

I'm just sharing my experience. You would be surprised that the mileage can be adjusted. I bought a pre owned mid 2005 523 last year. The mileage stated was 71K. This year, my car was towed to PML due to cooling system hose leakage. Only then, I realised that the mileage was tempered with. Last servicing at PML was at 90k mileage for changing spark plug in 2009.

Hence, for buyer who would like to buy a pre owned car (with no certifed servicing history) at PML. It will be better to call up PML to check the last servicing mileage.

From what I understand, they might be able to disclose the last serviced mileage but not other details (whether the car was involved in any accident or not).

Just my experience.

symbiosis;649688 said:
Hi forummers,

I'm just sharing my experience. You would be surprised that the mileage can be adjusted. I bought a pre owned mid 2005 523 last year. The mileage stated was 71K. This year, my car was towed to PML due to cooling system hose leakage. Only then, I realised that the mileage was tempered with. Last servicing at PML was at 90k mileage for changing spark plug in 2009.

Hence, for buyer who would like to buy a pre owned car (with no certifed servicing history) at PML. It will be better to call up PML to check the last servicing mileage.

From what I understand, they might be able to disclose the last serviced mileage but not other details (whether the car was involved in any accident or not).

Just my experience.

I guess only to buy from reputable shops....

audicious;649699 said:
I guess only to buy from reputable shops....

i guess reputable shops are few and far between. even then, i wouldn't trust. used cars are a high risk business.

what if a owner trade in a tampered mileage car to ppsl and then you bought from ppsl?

wt_know;649713 said:
what if a owner trade in a tampered mileage car to ppsl and then you bought from ppsl?

This is a common practice in used car industry... eg. 80,000km become 50,000km... got ppl doing it for living...

Ppsl can retrieve all datas of the car from PML before buying in.

Not everybody service car at PML

Hublot;649754 said:
Ppsl can retrieve all datas of the car from PML before buying in.

detach8;649755 said:
Not everybody service car at PML

bro detach8 spot on, assuming my last servicing with pml is at 50,000km, when I sell my ride it clocked 100,000km... Used car dealer will usually tweak to 70k range, if the used car dealer is an 'air-hole'... 50k+ also possible :naughty::naughty::naughty:

wt_know;649713 said:

Its very unlikely we would even buy in the car. Firstly, as long as its serviced by PML regularly, we would have records of the mileage each time its serviced. If the car isn't serviced by PML, most likely, we would not even take it in cos we won't have the history of the car.

Secondly, our purchasers are trained to assess a car first before its bought in to ensure the condition of the car is good. And it is quite easy to tell based on the condition, parts worn etc whether it is more or less equivalent to the claimed mileage.

daniel_heng;650082 said:
Its very unlikely we would even buy in the car. Firstly, as long as its serviced by PML regularly, we would have records of the mileage each time its serviced. If the car isn't serviced by PML, most likely, we would not even take it in cos we won't have the history of the car.

Secondly, our purchasers are trained to assess a car first before its bought in to ensure the condition of the car is good. And it is quite easy to tell based on the condition, parts worn etc whether it is more or less equivalent to the claimed mileage.

I call BS on this one. What happens to the car that I tradein with a huge 30K overtrade for my new BMW? Where did that car go? It was sold to PPSL, no? 3 owners, no service history.

detach8;650163 said:
I call BS on this one. What happens to the car that I tradein with a huge 30K overtrade for my new BMW? Where did that car go? It was sold to PPSL, no? 3 owners, no service history.

What makes you think that it will be retailed at ppsl? Do you know that our core biz is wholesale?
With cars like that, it is 'traded' in to ppsl and then auctioned or sold to dealers and exporters. No offence but we won't usually retail a car with so many owners or if mileage is high. For cars more than 5 yrs old, most probably the answer is no too. I dont think you understand the full picture of what goes on :)

daniel_heng;650165 said:
What makes you think that it will be retailed at ppsl? Do you know that our core biz is wholesale?
With cars like that, it is 'traded' in to ppsl and then auctioned or sold to dealers and exporters. No offence but we won't usually retail a car with so many owners or if mileage is high. For cars more than 5 yrs old, most probably the answer is no too. I dont think you understand the full picture of what goes on :)

you are going against your own words:

daniel_heng said:

i'm not a complete idiot to the car industry but the post I just quoted is abit misleading, isn't it?

detach8;650169 said:

i'm not a complete idiot to the car industry but the post I just quoted is abit misleading, isn't it?

Erm buying it in and after that retailing it at ppsl are two different things. What I meant was not all cars that are 'bought' in are retailed. We pick and choose what we want to retail, the rest are passed on to dealers and exporters depending. You were implying in previous post that we could have sold cars that had mileage tampered with etc, no? Maybe I misread your intention? Anyway, no point arguing over choice of words, my bad.

Have you been to our showroom? Seen any cars with many owners and high mileage? Pay us a visit sometime if you haven't, the coffee is good here and there's the famous Tanjong Rhu bao

You sell handphones? How much's a Galaxy S II now?

Last edited by a moderator:

detach8;650169 said:

I think what daniel was trying to say was , ppsl wont stock all these cars with high mileage n multiple transfers , PPSL would auction them off to car delaers in their weekly auctions ,
as Daniel mentioned , PPSL acts like a wholesale centre to sell thosed unwanted cars to car dealers . . only the low mileage cars with 1 or 2 owners would be kept behind to be sold by them . The rest all go to car dealers auctioning. . .

Like wat daniel say ,
u can drop by to PPSL for their coffee. Great coffee .
Plus u can take a look at their preowned cars for sale .
low mileage , tip top condition .

William Yeo;650424 said:
I think what daniel was trying to say was , ppsl wont stock all these cars with high mileage n multiple transfers , PPSL would auction them off to car delaers in their weekly auctions ,
as Daniel mentioned , PPSL acts like a wholesale centre to sell thosed unwanted cars to car dealers . . only the low mileage cars with 1 or 2 owners would be kept behind to be sold by them . The rest all go to car dealers auctioning. . .

Like wat daniel say ,
u can drop by to PPSL for their coffee. Great coffee .
Plus u can take a look at their preowned cars for sale .
low mileage , tip top condition .

That's absolutely right bro :) Thanks for the support!

I recently bought a 1 owner, 2.5yr old 118i from PPSL, sale person was Ronald. Absolute pleasant experience. Car came with full service history, and additional 1 yr warranty from PPSL. So the car has 1.5yr warranty to run. Price was competitive compared to other used car dealers. This was the 4th 118i I viewed. The earlier 3 were viewed at various dealers.

As I did not want the hassel, I traded-in my 4 yr old Mini One (Yellow with white roof, MCS 17" rims, MCS spolier and sports grill) at $58k. I was the 3rd owner but the mileage is less than 40,000 km.

PPSL sold it to another dealer, who is hawking it now for $75k. :woowooo:

It is true PPSL do not sell cars that has too many owners or has high mileage. Most of the cars there are 1 or 2 owners... except lifestyle cars like cabrio or coupe... I did saw a 325 coupe with 3 owners some time back.

... and yes, the coffee is nice :yummie:

bmw3;651433 said:
I recently bought a 1 owner, 2.5yr old 118i from PPSL, sale person was Ronald. Absolute pleasant experience. Car came with full service history, and additional 1 yr warranty from PPSL. So the car has 1.5yr warranty to run. Price was competitive compared to other used car dealers. This was the 4th 118i I viewed. The earlier 3 were viewed at various dealers.

As I did not want the hassel, I traded-in my 4 yr old Mini One (Yellow with white roof, MCS 17" rims, MCS spolier and sports grill) at $58k. I was the 3rd owner but the mileage is less than 40,000 km.

PPSL sold it to another dealer, who is hawking it now for $75k. :woowooo:

It is true PPSL do not sell cars that has too many owners or has high mileage. Most of the cars there are 1 or 2 owners... except lifestyle cars like cabrio or coupe... I did saw a 325 coupe with 3 owners some time back.

... and yes, the coffee is nice :yummie:

So now , we all know what happens to the cars that have high mileage and high owners

daniel_heng;650175 said:
Erm buying it in and after that retailing it at ppsl are two different things. What I meant was not all cars that are 'bought' in are retailed. We pick and choose what we want to retail, the rest are passed on to dealers and exporters depending. You were implying in previous post that we could have sold cars that had mileage tampered with etc, no? Maybe I misread your intention? Anyway, no point arguing over choice of words, my bad.

Have you been to our showroom? Seen any cars with many owners and high mileage? Pay us a visit sometime if you haven't, the coffee is good here and there's the famous Tanjong Rhu bao

You sell handphones? How much's a Galaxy S II now?

well that clarifies it. i'm just being wary of "salesman talk" in forums. ;) yes i know the cars got wholesaled away as mine went to some other dealer and is now on sgCarMart.

i've been to PPSL once during the first opening. did not manage to go recently. i do recall cars are usually < 3 yrs old and in good condition. i'm not doubting PPSL, i just want to make sure there's no salesmen here trying to paint a false picture of a business; any business, not just PPSL.

i'm a sleeping partner at that mobile shop. Prices here: Cheapest price for Samsung Galaxy S 2 - WhyMobile Singapore

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cricutjoysetup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back